Saturday, April 21, 2018

India's Cabinet has approved the introduction of the death penalty for child rapists, amid uproar over a series of high-profile cases. The change to the country's penal code applies to those convicted of raping a child under the age of 12. There have been nationwide protests in recent weeks over the gang rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl. The government has come under fire for not doing enough to prevent sexual-assault cases, many involving children.

Comments

Scratch India off of the orange diaper sniper's itinerary.

#1 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-04-21 04:26 PM | Reply

And Creepy Joe Biden and Bill Clinton just told Epstein to turn the plane around....

#2 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-04-22 02:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And Rex tells another lie. It's what we expect from him. He's more despicable than the people he insults.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2018-04-22 09:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

www.indiatoday.in
Again my love for foreign movies..this from India " it's time the muslims learned not to trifle with vegetarian hindus ". one of the great lines in cinema and then they got their machetes and proceeded to killing every muslim in the village. this in response to the muslims firebombing a pilgrim's train.

#4 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-04-22 01:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Dalits are hindus too, you idiot, no Muslims. Also once known as "untouchables".

It's hilarious when an American pretends knowledge of other cultures and falls flat on his face.

one of the great lines in cinema

Rightttt... you can understand Hindi? LOL

in response to the muslims firebombing a pilgrim's train.

I don't know what you're high on, but that wasn't a movie. And the Muslims didn't bomb that train. It was the right wing Hindu RSS pretending to be Muslims and it started the "Gujarat riots".

From Wiki:

On 30 December 2010, India's National Investigation Agency claimed they had solid evidence that Swami Aseemanand was the mastermind behind the blasts. He had roped in Sandeep Dange, an engineering graduate, and Ramji Kalsangra, an electrician, to build the improvised explosive devices used in the blasts. On 8 January 2011, Aseemanand allegedly confessed to the bombing of the train...
--------------------

Sheesh... yer dumb....

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-04-22 02:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN

the article was just something I seen and used it as a reference to the cultural upheavals prevalent in the country and the ensuing violence especially in rural areas.

Dalits are still known as untouchable

Don't need to speak hindi...I can read english. they have this feature called ' subtitles '

the dialogue i quoted was from an indian movie made in the early '80s

I basically just smoke my homegrown..watch movies and troll silly little bitches like you

#6 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-04-22 02:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

J_TREMAIN

I'm sorry..didn't realize you weren't American. I generally try to shoulder my burden and cut the 3rd world a bit of slack

#7 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-04-22 02:43 PM | Reply

No, I can tell. You are not a troll... yer just dumb.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-04-22 02:55 PM | Reply

didn't realize you weren't American.

I am not. I am Texan.

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-04-22 02:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Well, I oppose the death penalty for anyone. Maybe not treason at the highest level, we'll see.
I guess this kind of thing is why the Indians I know weren't too hot on Naendra Modi.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-04-22 03:19 PM | Reply

If we instituted that law in the US, there would be no one left in the Republican Party!

#11 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-04-22 05:42 PM | Reply

#11 ABORTED_MONSON. I disagree with your characterization of Republicans as baby-rapers. In fairness, they are more likely getting the old tumescent bulge from late teenage, but not-quite-legal girls. Frankly, they have all demonstrated a fear of intelligent, adult women, and rightfully so; as these ladies will be voting them out in November!

#12 | Posted by john47 at 2018-04-23 08:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

as these ladies will be voting them out in November!

FF.

As proven in the last election, the woman vote is quite useless. Or else Hillary would be president.

Not a threat to the Republicans.

#13 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-04-23 10:12 AM | Reply

It will be interesting to see if this is ever enforced in the small villages and rural areas of the vast nation. I suspect it will only apply to high profile cases. And even then, only when the perpetrator's family is poor.

#14 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-04-23 02:11 PM | Reply

J_Tremain #13
Please re-read my post (#12) You seem to have missed the point, and attacked a subtext. You should have paid more attention to the "Reading For Comprehension" part of your PSAT prep-work!

#15 | Posted by john47 at 2018-04-24 10:32 AM | Reply