Monday, April 16, 2018

A young man claims that he has become gay after taking pain-killers when he broke his foot in a go-karting accident. Unemployed Scott Purdy, 23, says he was a hot-blooded heterosexual and enjoyed dating women before he started taking Pregabalin, also known as Lyrica. But he claims he quickly lost his sexual attraction to women and broke up with his girlfriend of six months when prescribed the drug earlier this year. Scott, of Louth, Lincolnshire, says he soon realised that he had developed an attraction to men and had actually turned gay.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

He said: 'I noticed my libido for women had gone and I was wanting male attention.

'I was with a girlfriend I had been with for around six months.

'I had never been interested in men. When I was younger I was a little bit curious, but a couple of weeks after I started taking it I turned around and said I didn't find her physically attractive anymore.

'She knew I was taking Pregabalin.

'I said to her, 'I don't really know what's happening to me and I told her I like men and I just can't be with you.

'She was relatively understanding, as understanding as you could possibly be.'

Pregabalin or Lyrica is a medication used to treat epilepsy, pain associated with the brain, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Its documented side effects include loss of libido and mood swings.

Comments

Best excuse ever after "dog ate my homework"... "the drugs made me do it!"

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-04-16 11:37 PM | Reply

Hmmmm, 80% of the commercials are about side affects. Guess they forgot one.

#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-04-16 11:43 PM | Reply

I LOVE Norco.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-04-16 11:48 PM | Reply

Folgers Crystals turn you gay.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-04-16 11:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Pregabalin or Lyrica is a medication used to treat (...) pain associated with the brain.

Really. I have that. Right now, in fact. How do I get Pregabalin? Reading article....

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-04-17 12:07 AM | Reply

Raw goats milk will do it.

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-04-17 12:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Okay, color me skeptical, but I'm unsure how "Mr Purdy" can become gay after a "go-karting accident" if the predilection for homosexuality wasn't already there in the first place....

Just sayin'.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-04-17 12:17 AM | Reply

He's English. OF COURSE it was already there.

Scots and Welsh don't have this problem... only the English. All of Europe knows it.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-04-17 12:20 AM | Reply

"How do I get Pregabalin?"

You could try living in a country where everyone gets health care.
Or a state where everyone gets health care, like California, where you live.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-04-17 01:29 AM | Reply

That guy should look into becoming an Evangelical preacher, he fits the stereotype of being a gay liar very well. At least then he wouldn't be unemployed.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2018-04-17 09:17 AM | Reply

Meh, OxyContin makes you a raving wing ding and eventually deaf. Meth makes you a trump supporter and takes your teeth. Coke makes you an extrovert.

#11 | Posted by bored at 2018-04-17 12:06 PM | Reply