Sunday, April 15, 2018

Rose Acre Farms of Seymour, IN late Friday recalled 206,749,248 eggs because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella Braenderup, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems....The potentially contaminated eggs from the Hyde County farm reached consumers in ten states including Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia by direct delivery to retail stores and restaurants.

Comments

Q: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

A: Salmonella Braenderup

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-04-15 08:50 PM | Reply

Well thems the breaks. Better get scrambling to clean this mess up. Food quality isn't what it's cracked up to be anymore. Well I better go my mind is fried.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-04-16 04:12 AM | Reply

I just recalled the eggs I had this morning. They were delicious, I recall.

#3 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-04-16 08:38 AM | Reply

Your mind is fine Laura, that's no excuse to poach this article.

#4 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-04-16 08:38 AM | Reply

I know a couple insurance companies that are NOT happy right now.........these events shake things up at the carrier level pretty hard.

#5 | Posted by eberly at 2018-04-16 09:40 AM | Reply