Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Confidential security assessments in the Environmental Protection Agency show no evidence of specific, credible, physical threats against Administrator Scott Pruitt, despite claims that an "unprecedented" number of death threats justify his outsized security spending, according to a review by Senate Democrats

Comments

Now why would anyone what to harm pruitt? Just because he's helping polluters kill people for profit? What's wrong with that?

#1 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-04-10 08:37 PM | Reply

Ummm obviously snow fakes ❄️ need all that extra protection. It is necessary to keep the liberals at bay. Snow fakes have been known to melt if a liberal get too close.

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-04-10 09:02 PM | Reply

He just likes to play super hero instead of paper pusher. Waste fraud and abuse.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-04-10 09:13 PM | Reply

I'm in danger every time I go out in public. Just last week a crying baby tried to attack me in the airport, and a couple of days ago an old lady scowled at me when I littered. I need more security!
--Scott "My skin is as thick as yours" Pruitt

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2018-04-11 08:36 AM | Reply

This guy is clearly Trump level narcissist grifter -------.

Just smarter and more disciplined.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2018-04-11 08:50 AM | Reply

#2,

Have you seen how rabid liberal environmentalist wacko's are?

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2018-04-11 11:42 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#2,
Have you seen how rabid liberal environmentalist wacko's are?

#6 | POSTED BY BOAZ

I don't see them killing anyone...

Wish the same could be said for Conservatives.

#7 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-04-11 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Dince so many shooters have turned out to be dems/libbies/progs, I do believe a protective detail is warranted.

#8 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-04-11 12:26 PM | Reply

Dince MSGT is retarded, I do believe he deserves some slack.

#9 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-04-11 12:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Dince MSGT is retarded, I do believe he deserves some slack.

Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-04-11 12:43 PM | Reply

Dince??? Really???? What a -----------.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-04-11 12:47 PM | Reply

Monte,
I created a thread for you a while back but you never chimed in...Not a stalker thread.

Regarding fishing/sea lions/protected species.

#11 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-04-11 12:57 PM | Reply

Glad to see tha so many here are perfect and never caught a typo - congrats!

#12 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-04-11 01:26 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by MSgt

The planet and it's residents needs a protective detail to protect them from pruitt.

#13 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-04-11 01:33 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by MSgt

You only think this because you rationalize away any right wing loon with a gun.

When a shooter's political leanings only count when they're left it's easy to reach a skewed view of reality.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2018-04-11 02:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I have a suspicious feeling that Steve Scalise disagrees with the Democrats on this.

#15 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-04-11 02:08 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY MSGT

Please, go ahead and list them for us.

#16 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-04-11 02:44 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Secret Service, Joint Terrorism Task Force and EPA agree that he didn't need this level of protection.

#17 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-04-11 02:45 PM | Reply

Doesn't matter for "conservatives," who will spend millions in taxpayer dollars on 20-person security details, soundproof rooms, etc. so Scott Pruitt can hide from the bogeyman.

#18 | Posted by JOE at 2018-04-11 03:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Typical right winger, scared and uninformed.

#19 | Posted by bat4255 at 2018-04-11 04:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Lets be honest about the REAL job of his security team. Their job is to keep any members of the media away from asking Pruitt any uncomfortable questions about his job.

#20 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-04-11 05:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He can hire his own private security posse out of his own pocket.

#21 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-04-11 06:59 PM | Reply

"Monte,
Regarding fishing/sea lions/protected species.
#11 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE"

Damn. I'm sorry I missed that. I am "lucky" if I can log on here once or twice a day (mostly to check my nets). And I typically don't get here at all if I'm on vacation (e.g., Spring Break).

#22 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-04-13 07:26 PM | Reply

So I just looked up your thread. I read that article when it was first published. And yes, sea lions wreak much havoc on my preferred fishery (Steelhead in the Willamette Basin). All the steelhead I typically target have to navigate the Willamette Falls, where the sea lions are chowing them.

However, it's a difficult situation for me. I love the idea of trapping and relocating the sea lions that have made a living doing this, but as the article described, that don't work. But we had a tiny return of steelhead last year - less than 10% of a normal return. If that happens for a few more years (and this one is looking grim so far - about 50% better than last year, but still way down from normal), the fishery could collapse.

Anadromous fish are tough for scientists to study. So many different things can affect them between the time they head for the ocean and when they return to spawn a few years later, including water flows and temp on the way in, ocean conditions (food, etc.), water flows and temp on the way back, and predators (including gill netters, sea lions, birds, etc.

I sure hope the fish bounce back.

#23 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-04-13 07:34 PM | Reply

--I sure hope the fish bounce back.

The best thing is to ban fishing for a couple of years and let the ecosystem repair itself. I remember an ideal campground in the high sierra, at the bottom of Kearsarge Pass, that was off limits to camping for years due to overuse.It was a perfect place to camp, after that strenuous climb over the pass, but you had to go another mile or two past.

#24 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-04-13 07:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1