Friday, March 09, 2018

(CNN) BREAKING/DEVELOPING - Gunfire was reported Friday at the Veterans Home of California in Yountville, the California Department of Veterans said. "We have activated our emergency response protocol and are cooperating with law enforcement," the department said in a statement. The facility houses about 1,000 aging vets and is the largest veterans home in the United States, according to the department. Yountville is a town of about 3,000 residents in the north San Francisco Bay area.

The right wing didn't give a damn when it was children; will they care if it is veterans that are the victims? Doubtful based on their usual treatment of veterans....

Hopefully they catch this person and no one is harmed.

#1 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-03-09 03:37 PM | Reply

I would estimate that about 85% of your posts are either a straw man or a broad-brushed smear of people with whom you disagree.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-03-09 03:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

Local 4PM TV news mentioned a hostage situation with a SWAT team negotiating.

Preliminary info, so it may not be fully correct.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-03-09 04:19 PM | Reply

I know you are offended but maybe instead of proclaiming your inability to form an opinion, you could tell me why you believe my posts are strawmen and how I am in the wrong for smearing people I disagree with. I have reasons for my beliefs and can back them up with credible evidence; those that agree with me tend to be able to do the same. Tell me I shouldn't smear those that, fundamentally, choose to remain ignorant (and often take pride in displaying that ignorance)?

What did the right wing do after Sandy Hook?

How do they normally treat veterans?

What I said would only be a smear if the answers weren't "nothing" and "awfully".

#4 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-03-09 04:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I am not offended at all.

I was offering an observation. Nothing more.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-03-09 04:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Veterans, they've had "weapons training" right?

So can we scratch "weapons training" from the list of things that can stop a person with a gun from going on a spree?

Nothing Can Be Done(TM).

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-03-09 04:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I worked there for a time.

Some of the veterans were truly broken by their combat service.

please pray that this ends well.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2018-03-09 05:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I am not offended at all."

That gets a FF.

#8 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-03-09 07:24 PM | Reply

Gunman, three hostages dead.

#9 | Posted by TheTom at 2018-03-10 12:30 AM | Reply

I'm sad to inform everyone reading this that Tom is correct none of the three hostages nor the gunman are alive at this point. May God forgive him of his crimes.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2018-03-10 01:11 AM | Reply

Begin DR gun characteristics analysis now. Oh, and NRA's fault.

#11 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2018-03-10 03:09 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I was offering an observation. Nothing more.

JeffJ, there is nothing in the world you could possibly say to the guy to make him understand the ridiculousness of his post.

#12 | Posted by Crassus at 2018-03-10 03:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Gunman, three hostages dead.

Has the dotard offered his warmest condolences yet?

#13 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-03-10 10:42 AM | Reply

Oh, and NRA's fault.

In your haste to play the victim you left out the GOP, conservative democrats, and the gun manufacturers too.

#14 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-03-10 06:13 PM | Reply

Mentally ill with a gun. again.

#15 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-03-11 11:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1