Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News
Sunday, March 04, 2018

The internet collectively winced last week when a Prague-based charity announced a campaign to turn homeless people into wireless internet hotspots. WiFi 4 Life wants to equip Prague's homeless population with portable routers, so they can wander the city's center offering free internet to passersby. The paying gig comes with perks, including food, accommodations, clothing, and even a haircut, but many are calling the initiative exploitative of a global crisis. "The worst option would be not to try it," Luboš Boleček, chairman of WiFi 4 Life, tells Tech Insider in an email. "If you can help others, [the] only question you have to ask [is] why am I not already doing it."





Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

I'd be willing to try just about anything to help those people, we must think outside of the box. Probably, it won't amount to much, keep trying new things. Sooner or later we're bound to find some help for at least some of the homeless.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2018-03-04 04:34 PM | Reply

Hey, OWS.Stand still for a minute, I'm trying to post a retort, and I only have one bar.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-03-04 04:44 PM | Reply

Giving homeless citizens an opportunity to live in society is perhaps better than enslavement in military projects, like burning, looting and obliterating other societies into s#ithole nationhood status.

#3 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-03-05 02:50 AM | Reply

The problem here is the homeless would sell the routers.

#4 | Posted by Crassus at 2018-03-05 03:10 AM | Reply

will those with homes sue for the same jobs?

#5 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-03-05 03:30 AM | Reply

So, if we could provide homes for 25% of the homeless, should we? Knowing that the other 75% would not get homes?

#6 | Posted by danni at 2018-03-05 09:06 AM | Reply

Comments are closed for this entry.

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2018 World Readable

Drudge Retort