Sunday, February 18, 2018

Expressing disappointment over President Donald Trump and vowing to no longer be affiliated with any political party, the chairman of the Bay County Republican Party has stepped down from his post. Brandon DeFrain, who has served as the chairman of the Bay County Republican Party since 2014, announced his resignation in a 333-word post on his personal Facebook page on Thursday, Feb. 8. ... In his announcement, DeFrain said, "I can no longer remain silent about our President. I have not seen a leader, I've only seen more of the same ... I'm tired of attempting to defend a machine that does not defend the people I love."

Per the link ...

In that Facebook post, DeFrain argued there has been a rise in racism and hatred since Trump has taken office:

"Since Inauguration Day I've shared my opinion in close circles and mainly with family members, friends and my wife.

I haven't spoke much about the current state of political affairs because in the past, I believed in giving our leaders a chance.

Since I've been involved in politics I've spent my time learning about the passion on both sides.

I have found myself torn.

This leads to where my mind is today. I do not support the actions coming from the White House.

I felt a strong sense of unity in Bay County during the 2016 election.

Despite some of the terrible things being said in campaigns around the country, I felt that people in our community could come together and embrace a change.

But it seems that national politics only lead to us hating each other regardless who we vote for."

Thanks, Trump!

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-02-18 06:45 PM | Reply

#1, wasn't that the alleged purpose of Russian interference?

#2 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-02-18 06:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

wasn't that the alleged purpose of Russian interference?

That was exactly their intentions.

#3 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-02-18 07:07 PM | Reply

"I've only seen more of the same" wow where has he been, under a rock?

#4 | Posted by Maverick at 2018-02-18 08:01 PM | Reply

" I'm tired of attempting to defend a machine that does not defend the people I love."

Well "machine" was a little vague. He didn't even use the words "Russian puppet" or "despotic dictator."

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-02-19 12:38 AM | Reply

The brain drain continues in the Trump admin. Unfortunately, they started out on only half a tank.

#6 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-02-19 07:52 AM | Reply

So Trump cleans the swamp by getting rid of people who refuse to change and want our broken system to remain broken, and people are all up in arms about it. The most hilarious part is that if this were just a story about this Michigan GOP doing something unrelated to Trump, all you Liberals would be blasting him as being a GOP moron. You guys are so transparent with no real clue as to who to hate so you just cling to anyone or anything that you agree with and never think there could possibly be more to any story.

#7 | Posted by humtake at 2018-02-20 11:49 AM | Reply