Tuesday, February 13, 2018

When now-former White House staff secretary Rob Porter sat down for an off-the-record meeting with four reporters hours after the publication of a Daily Mail story showing his first wife with a black eye, he was quick to deny the allegations of physical abuse. The reporters present for the meeting -- the New York Times' Maggie Haberman, the Washington Post's Josh Dawsey, Axios' Jonathan Swan, and the Wall Street Journal's Michael Bender -- pressed Porter to explain the picture of his first wife with a black eye as well as his comment that he had taken the picture in question. He told them what he had told his colleagues: that, on vacation in Florence, the two had quarreled over a Venetian glass vase, and that his then wife, Colbie Holderness, had fallen and bruised her eye.

Comments

Sounds like she had it coming. I hope she apologized for making him do that to her. She needs to be more careful.

I think that covers the list.

#1 | Posted by visitor_ at 2018-02-13 06:10 PM | Reply

She fell hard and only damaged her eye.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-13 06:13 PM | Reply

Posted by reinheitsgebot

She was obviously disrespecting his manly authority. And while he was mansplaining that she fainted from realizing how badly she had offended him. Women just do that you know. They just faint.

And it just so happened that a vase came flying thru the air out of nowhere and hit her right in the eye at exactly the same time she fainted.

And that is why it only bruised her eye.

Just bad karma. Anyway, everyone knows not to mess with a man's machismo.

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-13 06:49 PM | Reply

I always found Hillary's bathtub story sorta flimsy too.

Could be connected to the beatdown Harry Reid took.

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 07:00 PM | Reply

Dotard's Favorite Wife Beater says His Wife "Fell"

Trump Wife-beater T Shirt on sale

#5 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-13 07:04 PM | Reply

Rob is innocent, it is his deeply held religious belief that his wife should fall down if she gives him any lip.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-13 07:58 PM | Reply

.... Hillary....
.... Harry Reid ...

#4 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2018-02-13 07:00 PM | FLAG:

You gotta update your references old man.

#7 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-14 11:28 AM | Reply

He really needs to asses the women he is dating. They sure seem to fall down A LOT.

#8 | Posted by 726 at 2018-02-14 12:01 PM | Reply

"He really needs to asses the women he is dating."

agreed!

I try to ass the women I am dating as soon as possible.

So I know what I am getting into.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-14 12:31 PM | Reply

Why the use of scare quotes in the headline?

#10 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-14 01:14 PM | Reply

It's about as believable as Harry Reid claiming his exercise equipment beat him up.

#11 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-15 03:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Shrub, tapping out against the pretzel that got him in a choke hold.

#12 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2018-02-15 03:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Hillary's heat stroke.

#13 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-02-15 03:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#12 FF

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-15 03:24 PM | Reply

Kucinich, ambushed by an olive pit.

#15 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2018-02-15 03:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I've never heard that one but that would be fantastic.

Scalise getting stung by a hornet at that baseball game...

#16 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-02-15 03:32 PM | Reply

I knew the olive pit broke his tooth, but I just googled it and now I have to share the full story from Cleveland's one-time 'Boy Mayor'. It's a tale of a fighter, no doubt.

"Then I bit into the olive pit, (unbeknown to me at the time), upon impact the tooth split in half, vertically through the crown and the tooth, below the level of the bone. Externally there was no evidence of a break. This was not about aesthetics. The internal structure of the tooth was rendered nonrestorable. Although the pain was excruciating, I shook it off and I went right back to work.

This tooth is a key tooth which anchored my upper bridgework. The injured tooth and the bone above it became infected. I took a course of antibiotics for the infection, had an adverse reaction to the antibiotics which caused me to have an intestinal obstruction and emergency medical intervention.

Later, my dentist referred me to a specialist who informed me that the damaged tooth had to be removed. A third dentist removed the tooth and I was fitted for a temporary partial. I waited for the bone to heal. An implant was placed, but it failed. Many months later still a second implant succeeded. My bridgework had to be completely reconfigured, a new partial was designed, so this injury did not affect only one tooth, but rather involved six (6) replacement teeth as well. A new crown with a new precision attachment was engineered and put in place. To clarify, no dental expenses were covered by any health plan, nor did I have dental insurance that covered the injury, which, until it was resolved, affected my ability to chew food properly."

#17 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2018-02-15 04:06 PM | Reply

Wow. Respect.
I hope Michael Symon opens a restaurant called The Olive Pit.
#kucinichtough