Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Bill Murray is rarely one to keep quiet about his opinions.And in a recent sit down with CNBC's Squawk Box, the actor warned that political discourse had degenerated into a 'Clash of Clans everyday, first thing in the morning.'

'People are going to war about so much,' he warned.

Murray warns that Democrats can be divisive by striving to represent certain groups or minorities, rather than simply saying they represented Americans. 'The way the Democrats handle things is poor, where they try to pick out little pieces of a population, oh well we represent the Hispanics, we represent the LGBT or something." And they're not speaking to everyone at once. And it's almost demeaning to say, 'I'm choosing you because you're a splinter group or you're a certain minority group.'

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

There's almost a resentment that somehow you're separated, again, by a Democratic politician -- 'You're my people. I'm in control of you, I represent you,' instead of thinking that each citizen has a right to be respected as a citizen first, under the laws of the country.'

Comments

I thought he was amazing when he destroyed Bannon on SNL...wait, he said WHAT?

-The Left

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 05:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Shut up and entertain me! No one cares what entertainer's opinions are on political matters!"

- The right

#2 | Posted by memyselfini at 2018-02-13 05:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Thanks for making my point for me.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 06:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I hope he's put some money aside...because I'm pretty sure he just got blacklisted. Maybe even throw in a #metoo accuser, just to be certain.

#4 | Posted by madbomber at 2018-02-13 06:59 PM | Reply

Pretty much exactly why Clinton lost the last election.

#5 | Posted by morris at 2018-02-13 07:09 PM | Reply

I had no idea Bill Murray was such a bigoted hate nazi and misogynist. and hated America.

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 07:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I'm not so sure that's such sincere praise of the tax cuts.

#7 | Posted by morris at 2018-02-13 07:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Not sure how I made you're point. I love Bill Murray as an actor and he is entitled to his position. I don't need my bias confirmed by others. You on the other hand...

#8 | Posted by memyselfini at 2018-02-13 08:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I will type this slowly so you can follow along.

The Right doesn't care what entertainers say, the Left eats it up, because as you acknowledge, it confirms their bias. When an entertainer that the Left thinks is on their side "turns" on them, they freak out.

Glad you are secure in your bias, most of your brethren on DR Left need it confirmed on an hourly basis, which is why they are here in the first place.

#9 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 08:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"The Right doesn't care what entertainers say..." - #9 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 08:45 PM

Of course they don't care what entertainers say.

They just elect them to the highest office in the land.

#10 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-13 09:41 PM | Reply

"...which is why they are here in the first place." - #9 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 08:45 PM

Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 08:23 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 06:15 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 06:07 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 05:13 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 04:37 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 03:50 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 03:41 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 03:39 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 03:36 PM
Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 03:31 PM
And that's just today!

#11 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-13 09:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

stalker alert!

#12 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 10:17 PM | Reply

"The Right doesn't care what entertainers say,"

Rofl! Trumps not an entertainer?

#13 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-02-13 10:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

You missed this part:

I'm certainly not here in this echo chamber to get confirmation, in fact its the exact opposite.

I will refrain from searching for all your posts today to see how many times an hour you seek bias confirmation here on a Liberal blog, creepy stalker.

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 11:22 PM | Reply

Is this write up from the article? Or did you just make it up?

#15 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-13 11:45 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Your lack of self-awareness is astounding. You, like many on here, are merely the flip side of the coin of the worst strawman you can come up with.

#16 | Posted by memyselfini at 2018-02-14 01:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

- The right

#2 | POSTED BY MEMYSELFINI AT 2018-02-13 05:56 PM | FLAG: | NEWSWORTHY 2

Thanks for making my point for me.

#3 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Yawn.

This is just the hypocrisy card being played one degree out.

Both sides cherry pick a person's statements to fit their agenda, even if they don't usually agree with them.

BTW I would suggest, actually on topic, that Bill is getting it wrong here in the way most Americans do. The Dems aren't claiming they only support the minority groups he lists. They're claiming to address social ills, which is in the end independent of the specific groups at the forefront at a given time.

But most people are both tribal and self-centered enough to find this an affront or at least a neglect of them. Because they're not the chosen ones for uplifting.

*shrug* in the end I agree with addressing social ills but think it's horrible horrible messaging on the Dem's part. Particularly since it's not a secret that this is the reaction to their message.

Instead of shouting it louder or to a smaller group of folks, why not try a different version of the message?

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 02:06 AM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY JPW

While I ultimately agree with you, it is more difficult and nuanced to message compassion and understanding than it is fear and protectionism.

You ever had a debate with someone who's response is basically "I don't care, you suck!"? Does it not end with you walking away out of reason, and them throwing their hands up in victory?

In my lifetime the Dems have always been the high school nerds to the Repub's dumb jocks.

#18 | Posted by memyselfini at 2018-02-14 02:55 AM | Reply

"'The change in the tax law is a great thing for the corporations, it's a fantastic thing,' he said.

'I don't pretend to understand what that will mean in the future in terms of the economy or what the budget will have to do to take care of what people call entitlements,' he said. "

Saying it is great for corporations is far different than saying they are great overall.

#19 | Posted by 726 at 2018-02-14 11:55 AM | Reply

"When an entertainer that the Left thinks is on their side "turns" on them, they freak out."

The only poster I see "freaking out" here is you.

Actually, Bill Murray is correct. The Democrats ARE making it worse. Because they have to.

For Republicans.

And unfortunately, I see it getting a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

#20 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-14 03:54 PM | Reply

i love Bill Murray. he's wrong, though.

#21 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-02-15 05:40 AM | Reply

Like many people, Bill Murray has political opinions. Why dopes like ROC find this important, or even compelling, is unclear.

#22 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-02-15 07:59 AM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE AT 2018-02-13 10:20 PM | FLAG: Guess you were not old enough to know about him in the 70, 80s, etc - long before there was a TV show. Too many unknowledgeable out there who only know him from The Apprentice.

#23 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-02-15 03:54 PM | Reply