Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Comments

Sounds like Kansas weather.

#1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-13 08:24 AM | Reply

No article, I would like to hear from all those folks who bleat about how Global Warming is a scam when it snows in January, yet are suspiciously quiet when it's 60 degrees for 2 weeks in February. - Posted by TFDNihilist at 08:03 AM
Perhaps you could cite some 'folks who bleat about how Global Warming is a scam when it snows in January' so we'd know who you are directing your request to? Should be pretty simple for you to accomplish, right? Or are you complaining that the voices in your head are suspiciously quiet?

#2 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-13 08:41 AM | Reply

Perhaps you could cite some 'folks who bleat about how Global Warming is a scam

You mean like Trump?

#3 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-02-13 09:05 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Avigdore should come out from under their rock now and again.

#4 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-13 09:09 AM | Reply

Actually the "bleating" was from the global warming alarmists claiming that the unusually cold weather was actually a sign of global warming.

It's just weather. I lived in MI for 60+ years, we always said, if you do not like the weather today, just wait until tomorrow.

#5 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-13 09:13 AM | Reply

Weather is weather, Nihilist.

We had 2 unseasonably warm days at the beginning of February here in Michigan. All of the other days have been either below normal or normal temps for February. My car thermometer read 8 degrees when I left for work this morning. We got pummeled with nearly a foot of snow over the weekend.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 09:38 AM | Reply

I think in the NE the January thaw is coming in February this year. We had a couple of weeks of brutal cold at the end of Dec/beginning of Jan.

#7 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 09:40 AM | Reply

@#4 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-13 09:09 AM
Is that you being unwilling or incapable?
Or are the voices telling you not to do it?

#8 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-13 09:47 AM | Reply

'14 and '15 were absolutely brutal winters here, especially '14. '16 and '17 were very mild, especially '17. '18 has been fairly brutal so far. Cold and a lot of snow.

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 09:50 AM | Reply

The answer is "unwilling".
If you paid even slight attention, you would know what I am talking about. I'm not going to spend my time proving to you that the grass is green. It's common knowledge.

#10 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-13 09:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 09:50 AM | Reply

Lucky you.

#11 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-13 10:01 AM | Reply

@#10 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-13 09:57 AM
AKA: Evidence be damned, I've got my opinion, damn-it!

#12 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-13 10:02 AM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY AVIGDORE

No, I know by looking at the grass that it is green, we all do.
I assume anyone on this site is at least a bit politically observant and critical. I'm assuming you've seen the high profile remarks by folks like Trump and Pat Robertson linking a snowstorm or cold spell to their opinion that Global Warming is a hoax. Being a regular contributor to this site, I'm also assuming you've read similar comments here, I know I have. Right now, I'm simply too busy and unwilling to spend time digging through the archives to feed your obvious trolling. But keep it up, I'm guessing you have nothing better to do.

#13 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-13 11:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We could lose New Orleans!!

#14 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 12:42 PM | Reply

This is Sniper's favorite subject when the weather gets cool. He's too dumb to know the difference between weather and climate.

#15 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-02-13 01:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Other than Nullifidian, Sniper has to be the stupidest ------------ on this site. Who cares what he has to say about anything?

#16 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-02-13 01:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#5 | POSTED BY SAWDUST

Holy ---- you're old! Explains a lot.

#17 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-13 01:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#5 | POSTED BY SAWDUST

You can get frostbite and a sunburn in the same week. That's no joke.

In '13 on St Patrick's day it was 81 degrees in Boyne City. 5 days earlier it was 18 degrees in Boyne City.

#18 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 01:42 PM | Reply

Yeah.....you're unhinged.

Completely.

#19 | Posted by eberly at 2018-02-13 02:22 PM | Reply

Eberly, you think I'm unhinged? Hmmm. Maybe you are right. But come on, you would agree that both Nullifidian and Sniper are stupid -------------, wouldn't you? I mean, come on. They are beyond ridiculous. Maybe I am unhinged because I am actually pointing out the obvious when there is no need to do so. Whatever. For what it is worth, I don't think you are unhinged.

#20 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-02-13 02:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I've seen snow and weather warming enough to go the beach in a three week spread.

Climate change is very real.

#21 | Posted by Tor at 2018-02-13 02:36 PM | Reply

Weather is weather, Nihilist.

#6 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Except weather isn't just weather when it's a denialist's turn to lob a snow ball (in Congress, no less!).

Weather patterns (which are what is meant by "climate") have changed for the places I've lived within my lifetime.

I grew up in western NY and remember consistent snow snow on the ground throughout winter (early would be Halloween, which happened a few times growing up and usually lasted until late March/early April) with consistent falls in manageable amounts punctuated by large falls (woo hoo lake effect).

Now it's much more erratic than that. Long dry periods (or even entire winters) with HUGE dumps coming in a matter of days. As in approaching or at annual snowfall rates with 2-3 days.

Is it explainable by someone more knowledgeable than I? Maybe. But my memories suggest a shift in patterns over the past 30 or so years of my life. And that's more than weather.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:24 AM | Reply

You can get frostbite and a sunburn in the same week. That's no joke.

#18 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

If you get sunburned in early to mid March you're definitely Irish.

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:27 AM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY JPW

Ok...Yes.....so weather is not the same is climate - Yes. Thank you for affirming that.

#24 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 01:28 AM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Don't be such a rabid POS LOL

Care to address the post?

Which really was meant to suggest it's dangerous to global issue by local phenomena as your local occurrences are likely different than mine.

Again, duh. But reading the thread it seems a point that was lost.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:44 AM | Reply

...weather is not the same is climate...
#24 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

That's the exact point of this thread.

#26 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-14 07:51 AM | Reply

That's the exact point of this thread.

#26 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST

OK. But the headline was all about weather.

Speaking of which...it's going to be 40 today. Looking forward to grilling up a couple of small, thick-cut NY strip steaks and some shrimp on one of the grills this evening.

#27 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 10:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

...the headline was all about weather...
#27 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Yes, because idiots on the right constantly equate the 2 when it's cold, but not when it's warm. That's the point.

#28 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-14 04:29 PM | Reply