Monday, February 12, 2018

In all of the discussions about the alleged political weaponization of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the FBI, alleged corruption at the highest echelons of those agencies and serial abuse of the secret FISA process surrounding the 2016 election, one name has been conspicuously absent: President Barack Obama.

High-ranking officials and other major players in those agencies -- which Obama oversaw -- are increasingly embroiled in the growing scandal: James Comey, Loretta Lynch, Andrew McCabe, Andrew Weissmann, Sally Yates, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr.

Given the legendarily tight control President Obama exercised over every part of his administration and agenda, the idea that any of these appointees and loyalists freelanced their activities without at least his tacit approval or that of his White House strains credulity.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

These kinds of abuses of power were nothing new, given the Obama team's long history of this type of misconduct on everything from the Benghazi terror attack to the political misuse of the IRS. They weaponized the most fearsome government agencies to target, monitor and presumably illegally unmask political opponents, including members of Congress, journalists reporting unfavorable stories, Trump allies and average Americans.

These dark institutional offenses didn't just materialize out of thin air. One of the criticisms of President Nixon was that even though he wasn't aware of the Watergate break-in, he had created an environment in which such an action was acceptable.

Comments

Monica Crowley of Fox Fake News? The Moonie Times Opinion Editor?

The plagiarist who had to withdraw from Trump's NSC offer?

She doesn't like Obama and spins together a clueless conspiracy?

Shocked! I'm shocked I tells ya!

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-02-12 09:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Monica Crowley digging up Bengazi ...

Next ~

#2 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-02-12 09:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

"even though he wasn't aware of the Watergate break-in"

And a liar to boot.

(In the Watergate tapes, Nixon repeatedly asks why and how the break-in occurred, but of course he alone knew that future generations were listening in. It's also possible he couldn't remember whether he'd ordered the break-in or not. Dean thinks Nixon was haunted by the possibility that he might have and then forgotten about it. Nixon was, after all, already in the break-ins business, having previously ordered the firebombing of the liberal Brookings Institution to steal some files – a yarn too rococo to detail here. Happily, that order was never carried out.)

www.msnbc.com

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-02-12 09:12 PM | Reply

Time will tell.

Looks like the DoJ Inspector General report will implicate Lynch among others.

Will have to see if this reaches Obama.

#4 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-12 09:13 PM | Reply

"Looks like the DoJ Inspector General report will implicate Lynch among others." - #4 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-12 09:13 PM

Fake news.

Isn't that what the worshipers of President IQ45 keep saying about the DoJ?

If you don't believe it, why should anyone else?

#5 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-12 09:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

This story is, of course, Right wing crap.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-12 09:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Totally disgusting thread.

#7 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-12 09:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Totally disgusting thread.

Just another offering from the RoC fantasy collection.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-02-12 09:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

But he was right again.

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-02-12 09:53 PM | Reply

Called it.

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-02-12 09:53 PM | Reply

Bwaaack!

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-02-12 09:53 PM | Reply

#8-11

Looks like we have a new member of the "ROC Lives in my Encephalitic Head" club.

Tell CocoChief and Aborted Don hello for me.

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-12 11:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I am hoping trumps legacy is to be raped to death in prison.
Karma and all.

#13 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-12 11:14 PM | Reply

Totally disgusting thread.

#7 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR AT 2018-02-12 09:40 PM

I was sure this post would be much higher than 7, you are slipping Laura.

I'm just shocked that Danni hasn't had a thrombosis over this thread yet...is she okay?

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-12 11:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I am hoping Obamas legacy is to be raped to death in prison.

Karma and all....

#15 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2018-02-13 12:01 AM | Reply

"I am hoping Obamas legacy is to be raped to death in prison."

As Sawdust said in another thread:

"It is rhetoric like this that causes people to be shot and or killed."

www.drudge.com

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 12:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"I am hoping Obamas legacy is to be raped to death in prison."

"Lock her up" was sometimes accompained by "Hang the bitch." "Lock him up" is now accompained by "Gang rape him to death in prison."

#17 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 12:21 AM | Reply

I am hoping trumps legacy is to be raped to death in prison.
Karma and all.
#13 | POSTED BY BORED AT 2018-02-12 11:14 PM | FLAG:

I am hoping Obamas legacy is to be raped to death in prison.
Karma and all....
#15 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

That awkward moment when you find out your cellmate is gay.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-13 12:50 AM | Reply

Great thread, Righto.

If nothing else it will drive the Obama sycophants absolutely rabid.

It's utterly alarming the lengths much of our media went to protect the prior administration.

It was a resurrection of Pravda.

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 07:05 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

If nothing else it will drive the Obama sycophants absolutely rabid.

It was a resurrection of Pravda.

Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 07:05 AM | Reply

You're not even honest anymore Jeff. That's a disgrace really. The media didn't protect Obama and you know it.

#20 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-13 07:16 AM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 3

I thought hoping for death of the current president was automatic grounds for post deletion. I didn't know if hoping for the death of a former president was also subject to such deletion but thought it should be. Looks like I was wrong on both counts. Too bad. I don't think this kind of escalating tit-for-tat is good for anybody.

#21 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 09:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#21 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 09:29 AM | Reply | Flag:

Plus automatic removal of posting privileges too.

#22 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-13 09:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Wow! 3-alarm fire brings out the entire water-carrying brigade.

#23 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 10:44 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-13 07:05 AM | Reply

If this were true then why didn't we see the picture of him and Luis Farrakhan laughing it up till after he was done being president?

#24 | Posted by WTFIGO at 2018-02-13 01:14 PM | Reply

All his lying and trashing our country is catching up with him. Kinda goes along with his new picture of him and his spouse that will hang in the WH.

#25 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-02-13 01:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

This is the gayest article ever.

#26 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-13 02:33 PM | Reply

Its not Trump, its really Obama, Bill & Hillary, Lynch, the FBI, CIA and NSA. Its not the Mormon wife beater either.

#27 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-02-13 04:36 PM | Reply

- its really Obama, Bill & Hillary, Lynch, the FBI, CIA and NSA.

The same band of gypsies colluded to successfully tank Bernie too.

#28 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 06:51 PM | Reply

You ever notice how Obama never talked about his legacy, but everybody else is defining it?

#29 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-02-13 09:20 PM | Reply

I am hoping Obamas legacy is to be raped to death in prison.
Karma and all....

#15 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

God knows you won't be happy until you can kick sleeping homeless people without being judged.

With someone else's shoe, of course. The filthy vermin...

#30 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 12:48 AM | Reply

If nothing else it will drive the Obama sycophants absolutely rabid.
It was a resurrection of Pravda.

#19 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

You're so full of ----.

Your posts prove it every day.

You even throw in a Russian reference for your boy Trump.

#31 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 12:50 AM | Reply

#25 | POSTED BY SNIPER

A Trump supporter complaining about lying.

Funny because they're the true purveyors of fake news while also willingly acting as fluff girls for the biggest liar to hold national public office in my life time.

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 12:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

31 | POSTED BY JPW

---- you.

#33 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 12:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I am hoping trumps legacy is to be raped to death in prison.
Karma and all.

#13 | POSTED BY BORED

Also, this is a garbage comment.

You can't call the right out for being -------- if you sink to their level.

#34 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:10 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You can't call the right out for being -------- if you sink to their level.

#34 | POSTED BY JPW

Credit is where it's due. Nicely stated.

#35 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 01:12 AM | Reply

My guess- Jjust ----- Whipped

#33 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Dude. Every lukewarm critique of Trump you make inevitably leads to Obama.

Whom you bashed incessantly his eight years in office in a, if I may, rabid way.

In any case, just ----- whipped was a moniker from the guy from Texas. Jak_se_mao I believe his name was.

You have become a rabid POS.

No, I think new lows are just being reached to maintain "normal" in the current environment.

The defenses of the indefensible have become so ridiculous, so cartoonish in nature they a. don't warrant a serious response and b. have so little substance a serious rebuttal can be hard to come by.

Seriously, basic stuff like dates, calendar dates, have become easy tripping points for righties looking to defend and deflect from Trump. How do you address that seriously? How do you take anyone pushing it seriously? You don't. So you stop interacting or you call reality what it is-a giant. Polished. Turd. Sandwich.

#36 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"We get it -- the evil Obama started the Civil War, shot Archduke Ferdinand, and bombed Pearl Harbor."

You forgot to mention that he personally remote controlled the airplanes into the twin towers on 9/11.

#37 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-14 04:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

YOU forgot that he did so in blackface

#38 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-14 06:57 AM | Reply

Dude. Every lukewarm critique of Trump you make inevitably leads to Obama.

#36 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2018-02-14 01:40 AM

A simple Hans of my posting history proves this to be a false statement. Not even close.

And as far as bashing Obama goes....look at the headline of this thread. Do you expect me to waltz onto a thread about Obama and start bashing Trump or Rubio or...?

Your expectation seems to be that the only logical tack is to knee-jerk Trump no matter what he says, no matter what policies he enacts. When it comes to policy, he's been a pleasant surprise for me. He's been far more conservative than I thought he'd be. I was expecting Obama-Lite and I thought he'd match Obama's authoritarianism. He hasn't even been close on either front. It sucks that he's a disgusting POS because on the policy-front I support more than I oppose.

#39 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 10:16 AM | Reply

"A simple Hans of my posting history ..." - #39 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 10:16 AM

The transition from noun to verb is now complete. :-)

#40 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-14 10:19 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Will have to see if this reaches Obama.
#4 | POSTED BY SAWDUST

That Waterloo is just around the corner. It's right there. Just out of reach. It's not a mirage. Keep going! You can do it!

You can make that uppity Obama a one term president yet!

#41 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-14 11:10 AM | Reply

The transition from noun to verb is now complete. :-)

#40 | POSTED BY HANS

You should be proud. I've never had my name used as a verb. :-)

#42 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 11:13 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

No, my expectation is intellectual honesty in admitting you're a supporter.

An Obama bashing thread? Great post, RoC!

All six heads of intelligence agencies say Nunes memo is bunk garbage? Well, I'll just wait and see what happens when the memo is actually released because I can't form an opinion until I read it...

I was expecting Obama-Lite and I thought he'd match Obama's authoritarianism.

And you wonder why people don't take you seriously...

#43 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 12:17 PM | Reply

It's not my fault the truth isn't kind to your hero.

#44 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 12:20 PM | Reply

It's not my fault the truth isn't kind to your hero.

Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 12:20 PM | Reply

It would be nice to have some truth to that unkindness.

#45 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-14 12:26 PM | Reply

Obama was hardly my "hero".

It's just farsical to watch people who bashed him for every move he made suddenly find themselves only able to offer mealy mouthed critiques of one of the poorest excuses for a human being to ever hold the office.

All so they can get policies enacted that would be signed by any other GOP POTUS.

#46 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 12:40 PM | Reply

Obama was hardly my "hero".

#46 | POSTED BY JPW

Yeah, Ok. Sure.

#47 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 12:41 PM | Reply

Bill Clinton was more of a sexual predator and LBJ was far nastier. Yes, Trump is a POS. No doubt about it. Having said that, when you make grandiose statements that don't pass historical muster, it's no wonder nobody takes you seriously.

#48 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 12:43 PM | Reply

You made two vague subjective statements then declared victory.

How many have the history of graft, lawsuits, stiffing contractor and investors, creepy comments about their daughter, walking through a changing room full of teenagers ect ect ect that Trump has?

The man doesn't have a single redeeming quality and yet you still seem to think "meh". Because policy.

LOL

#49 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 12:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bill Clinton was more of a sexual predator and LBJ was far nastier (than Trump).

#48 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 12:43 PM | Reply

I think we'll see.

What's your personal red line on Trump? He crossed mine before he was sworn in.

#50 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-14 12:57 PM | Reply

Obama was at least an average president. Donald Trump is already a failure.

#51 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-14 12:59 PM | Reply

#49 | POSTED BY JPW

I'm a registered Republican. In the presidential elections prior to this one I voted: Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain, Romney.

Reality is, he's POTUS for the next 3 years. I have to live with that. I'll criticize him when I feel he does something wrong and I'll praise him when I feel he does something right. He's gotten some things right on policy IMO. I credit that. He's gotten MUCH wrong elsewhere. I fault that.

I don't get why such nuance is lost on you.

#52 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 01:09 PM | Reply

The nuance isn't lost on me.

It's the sudden appearance of it that's odd.

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:27 PM | Reply

If you think the appearance of it is sudden you should be added to Righto's list of those on this site who are in need of a reading comprehension tutor.

#54 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 01:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I comprehend just fine.

If you're not being perceived as intended the problem isn't those you're interacting with.

#55 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 03:04 PM | Reply

The problem is you assign positions to me that I haven't taken and accuse me of saying things I've never said.

I get that poor articulation can be misconstrued and I am certainly guilty of poor articulation on occasion.

But that isn't what I'm talking about.

Your caricatures of me are so baseless, I am guessing maybe you read something ridiculous on Breitbart and mistakenly think it was penned by me.

#56 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 03:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's the sudden appearance of it that's odd.

#53 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2018-02-14 01:27 PM

If you think that post from Jeff just "suddenly appeared" then you haven't been paying attention, since unlike others here your reading comprehension is usually fine.

Jeff has posted variations of this dozens of times (as have I) since the election:

"In '16 I voted for Johnson. I couldn't vote for Hillary because she was as unfit as Trump but for completely different reasons. I couldn't vote Trump because he was unfit for the reasons you cited, and then some."

You may not want to believe it, which is your prerogative. However, you will never find a post from Jeff where he even slightly deviates from this position.

#57 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-14 03:28 PM | Reply

I'll criticize him (Trump) when I feel he does something wrong and I'll praise him when I feel he does something right.

#52 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 01:09 PMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

Not good enough. You don't deal with the Bundy's of this world this way.

#58 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-14 03:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

My campaign slogan was, "Don't be a johnson, vote for Gary Johnson."

It was the first time in my life I voted for a 3rd party candidate. I'm usually a lesser-of-two-evils voter but in '16 I didn't feel I was presented even with that choice.

#59 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-14 03:46 PM | Reply