Monday, February 12, 2018

BOSTON - A professor at Northeastern University is trying to clarify controversial statements he made about Pres. Donald Trump during a lecture last week. Economics Prof. Barry Bluestone, who is a well-known policy voice in Boston, made the comment last Monday during a lecture that was open to the public. Bluestone was giving a speech at the Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional policy, which he founded nearly 20 years ago, and was answering a question about a path forward for the country when the statement was made. "Sometimes I want to just see him impeached," he said in a YouTube video, which has since been deleted. "Other times, quite honestly, I hope there are no FBI agents here, I wouldn't mind seeing him dead."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Liberal "tolerance" at its finest.

Comments

What do you know about tolerance, fruitcake?

#1 | Posted by squinch at 2018-02-12 05:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fire him.

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-12 07:52 PM | Reply

Free speech bitches.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-12 08:02 PM | Reply

Is this the scenario where posters who can decipher Donnie's racist hateful ignorant remarks, are suddenly shocked and disgusted with what someone else is saying?

The guy, at times, wouldn't mind seeing Donnie dead. He can't voice his opinion? He doesn't want to kill Donnie. He's just tired of Donnie pretending to care about Americans. As are most of us. As it is. Donnie and the GOP have royally screwed the poor.

Eitherway. I'd prefer Donnie over Pence any day of the week. So. Let's just hope the entire Trump administration gets impeached.

As for this guy. He's subject to the will of the public. If he has offended enough people. He'll lose his job.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-02-12 08:04 PM | Reply

It is rhetoric like this that causes people to be shot and or killed.

He may not do it himself, but people listening could take it as a license to do so.

Representative Scalise being an example.

The left needs to settle down before more people are hurt or killed.

#5 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-12 10:05 PM | Reply

It is rhetoric like this that causes people to be shot and or killed.

The Sarah Palin/Gabrielle Giffords incident comes to mind.

But republicans were outraged anyone could construe putting a bullseye on the congresswoman as a signal to shoot her.

The right needs to take responsibility for the tea party and the domino effect of hate they've unleashed upon our nation.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-02-12 10:24 PM | Reply

"It is rhetoric like this that causes people to be shot and or killed. "

It's not just the rhetoric though.
It's the network of Rush Limbaugh affiliates to broadcast it to millions.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-12 11:21 PM | Reply

The tree of liberty occasionally needs watering.

#8 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-12 11:33 PM | Reply

The second ammendment will protect us from tyranny.

#9 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-12 11:35 PM | Reply

"The left needs to settle down before more people are hurt or killed."

More?
Who has died so far?

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-12 11:47 PM | Reply

"The left needs to settle down before more people are hurt or killed."

How about both sides need to settle down:

I am hoping Obamas legacy is to be raped to death in prison.

Karma and all....

Posted by AndreaMackris at 2018-02-13 12:01 AM | Reply

www.drudge.com

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 12:32 AM | Reply

I am hoping trumps legacy is to be raped to death in prison.
Karma and all.

POSTED BY BORED AT 2018-02-12 11:14 PM | REPLY

@11
To be fair Bored did it first . Andrea only changes the name

#12 | Posted by patron at 2018-02-13 12:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

12 - Newsworthy

#13 | Posted by homerj at 2018-02-13 08:37 AM | Reply

"To be fair Bored did it first . Andrea only changes the name"

Yeah, I thought Bored's comment was going to get deleted, and I didn't give AM the benefit of the doubt in that he probably wasn't hoping for Obama's violent death, unlike Bored who probably was hoping for Trump's. Bottom line: both sides should probably refrain from making such comments. Hoping political opponents whom you believe broke the law go to prison is one thing, but hoping for their violent death while they are incarcerated is another. My apologies to AM if he was just echoing Bored's comment and doesn't wish a violent death upon Obama.

#14 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 09:53 AM | Reply

@#14 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 09:53 AM
I normally have a lot of respect for what you write, GT, but that post really makes it sound like you were not only quoting out of context, but with the foreknowledge that there would be no corresponding evidence that Andrea was only amending someone else's post. That's really pretty reprehensible, and I hope that I am mistaken about that being your intention.

#15 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-13 10:08 AM | Reply

I thought both posts should be deleted. I think both sides should settled down:

"The left needs to settle down before more people are hurt or killed."

How about both sides need to settle down:

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 10:20 AM | Reply

You all need to settle down or else I'll turn this car around.

#17 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-13 10:25 AM | Reply

#15 I thought Bored's post would be deleted, but I flagged AM's, something I rarely do, so that it would be too. If I had had my way, both posts would be gone. But, thankfully, I'm not the driver of this car.

#18 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 10:31 AM | Reply

PS In the past when I've quoted someone who's post got deleted, my post with their now deleted quote got deleted too.

#19 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 10:40 AM | Reply

Bottom line: both sides should probably refrain from making such comments.

I agree, which is why I, did it .. I see this daily here about Trump and his administration.

I say something exactly the same and now you are concerned ...

Go firgure ...

#20 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2018-02-13 10:54 AM | Reply

I would add, since you might not understand...

#21 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2018-02-13 10:58 AM | Reply

"My post is a protest post, I certainly don't beleive it, nor would I want that for anyone."

I apologize for assuming the worst about you, which I did. I should have asked you what your intentions were, as Avigdore asked me:

"That's really pretty reprehensible, and I hope that I am mistaken about that being your intention."

#22 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 11:13 AM | Reply

I say something exactly the same and now you are concerned ...

It would be funny if it wasn't such a sad commentary on the mental state of some of the posters on this blog.

#23 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 03:50 PM | Reply

"That is part of the problem here in the reverb room that is the DR-most people pass by the offensive post from a Usual Suspect but when someone "flips" it around, all hell breaks loose with accusations galore."

I've been thinking about this incident and was reminded of a time I saw a post by JeffJ that upset me. It wasn't about wishing death on the president, but I don't remember the topic. Anyway, I got upset by his post and started to respond, but then I thought, "Oh, wait, it's Jeff. He's probably just trolling." So I said nothing. Then someone else came along and responded to his post and sure enough he wasn't serious. Likewise, if someone like 101 had posted, he would have made it clear he wasn't serious by being humorous and way over the top.

Andrea strikes me as a hater of all things liberal, progressive and Democratic, Obama, Clinton, Gore, you name it, usually without much humor or nuance in his posts, which is why I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Still, he's not the biggest hater, one of the ones I wouldn't apologize to for not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, IMO, Bored is someone who expresses both humor and nuance and is often critical of the left, i.e., someone who isn't one-dimensional. I even get why he said that about Trump, who has been accused of rape (unlike Obama) and who continues to think the Central Park Five are guilty (also unlike Obama). But I thought the "Hang the bitch" sentiment went too far, and so too, hoping for Trump's violent rape and death, no matter how karmic it might be.

#24 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 04:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

--Andrea strikes me as a hater of all things liberal, progressive

Liberals, like the founding fathers, believe in limited government. Progressives believe in the State.

#25 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-02-13 04:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Don't crack the code for them, Nulli, it's funny to watch the so called "liberal progressives" contradict themselves in virtually every post.

#26 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-02-13 04:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Progressives believe in the State.
#25 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

You misspelled Soros.

#27 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 04:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald ;-)

#28 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 05:01 PM | Reply

OTH:

Doublethink: The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously and accepting both of them. (Orwell)

#29 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-13 05:09 PM | Reply

Liberal "tolerance" at its finest.

Righty whininess at it's finest.

Buck up snowflake. Your side is still the strongest contender for scumbag ----------- out there at the moment.

#30 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:05 AM | Reply

It is rhetoric like this that causes people to be shot and or killed.
Representative Scalise being an example.
The left needs to settle down before more people are hurt or killed.

#5 | POSTED BY SAWDUST

You know, after years of bombed/attacked clinics, gay beatings/murders, racial crimes ect all I have for you in response to this is *both fingers in the air*

God righties are such shameless, hypocritical scumbags.

#31 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:07 AM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

In all fairness, he was spoofing another post.

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-14 01:08 AM | Reply