Tuesday, February 13, 2018

It would have been better if Pence had not come at all. By declining to stand and recognize athletes of the Korean unified team as they walked together during the opening ceremony, Pence not only offended the host country, he sent a message that to the Trump Administration, not even common courtesy matters more than childish politics. The world noticed. Columnists were quick to seize on Pence's walkout of an NFL game last season, so offended by football players who did not stand during the pregame playing of the national anthem. That he saw nothing hypocritical in his behavior in South Korea only underscores how tone deaf this administration is in representing the United States abroad.

Comments

I wonder where he got that idea.

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-02-12 04:48 AM | Reply

Its simple folks, Pence has rights, Kapernick does not.

#2 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-02-12 06:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

Trump was too busy protecting the molesters in his admin, to go overseas and embarrass America, so he sent Pence to do the job. So far, Pence has all the warmth and personality of a cardboard cutout. His wooden mannerisms and his self-righteous disposition reminds the world of just how far america has slipped into the past.

#3 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-02-12 07:28 AM | Reply

Pence has as much business involving himself in diplomacy as Fred Flintstone. What a total jerk. He purposely sabotages what could be a moment of peace. Too stupid to be Vice President, God help us if he is ever President.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-12 07:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I've been imagining how a bright man with a sense of humor would have handled this.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-12 07:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hmmm, I guess in North Korea Pence would be a traitor.

I can live with it.

#6 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-12 11:44 AM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2018-02-12 07:29 AM | FLAG: | NEWSWORTHY 1

Moment of peace lmao do you have any idea Who Kim is? the north will never join with the south unless its Communist under Kim. Oh that's the problem liberals are communist my bad you all agree with Communism I forgot

#7 | Posted by WTFIGO at 2018-02-12 12:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Change your wrappings. I smell cheese.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-12 12:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yeah us libs are all Commies wanting to ruled by a crazy dictator. Thank God we have righties who do things like start wars with other countries, desroy infrastructure and just create utter mayhem.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-12 12:46 PM | Reply

Posted by danni at 2018-02-12 12:46 PM | Reply

They think with wrong head. Wrong head too small so they overcompensate.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-12 12:56 PM | Reply

"Moment of peace lmao do you have any idea Who Kim is?"

Good call.
Sitting wasn't sufficient enough a protest.
He shoulda taken a knee.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-12 01:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#9 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2018-02-12 12:46 PM | FLAG:

I am sure you wear your CHE tee shirt with pride

#12 | Posted by WTFIGO at 2018-02-12 03:05 PM | Reply

I am sure you wear your CHE tee shirt with pride

#12 | Posted by WTFIGO at 2018

I have my Che jammies with the feet in them.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-12 03:11 PM | Reply

The South Koreans set Pence near to the North Korean's in hopes they would talk, I think.

#14 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-12 03:12 PM | Reply

I am sure you wear your CHE tee shirt with pride
#12 | POSTED BY WTFIGO

You sounds scared of the Commies. I mean, maybe you should be: They are, as you pointed out, the best at murder.

#15 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-12 04:26 PM | Reply

Pence looks like he's sitting on a traffic cone.

#16 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 12:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

This is trash. How is choosing to stand for you own country and not agreeing with those who choose to kneel the same as someone opposing to cheer for a team representative of so much horror? But this is the world we live in today: Americans against America.

#17 | Posted by Freud1234 at 2018-02-13 04:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Americans against America.

#17 | Posted by Freud1234 at 2018-02-13 04:52 PM | Reply

Russian-Americans against Americans.

#18 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-13 05:22 PM | Reply

Russian-Americans against Americans.
#18 | POSTED BY ZED

hahahaha. I swear, the ---- going on in your head is ratcheting up.

#19 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-13 06:35 PM | Reply

Pence should see a urologist to do something about that stone.

#20 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-02-13 09:34 PM | Reply

But this is the world we live in today: Americans against America hypocrites.

#17 | POSTED BY FREUD1234

FTFY

#21 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-14 11:14 AM | Reply

You must be so proud of your VP...the whole world watched as he did this and shook their collective heads...what a piece of work you have along with the Cretin in Chief...what a combo !

#22 | Posted by ghoti at 2018-02-14 12:10 PM | Reply

This guy is a fraud just as much as the bone spur impostor. I don't doubt Moon saw how rude he was for not standing for the host's team. I would expect he'll consider this slight when the US makes requests to uphold sanctions on NK.

#23 | Posted by Badcat at 2018-02-14 03:38 PM | Reply

Badcat,
Yeah, that makes sense...
"You didn't stand for a south/north "unified" team, so now I'm going to side with the crazy bastard that's going to militarily steamroll me without you!!!"

You dolt.

#24 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-02-14 03:42 PM | Reply

i wonder if there is such as thing as religious-nut therapy for this idiot, kinda like the gay therapy he advocates

#25 | Posted by panchovilla at 2018-02-14 07:35 PM | Reply

One of my best buds from childhood is Korean, and his family are far greater Americans than I will ever be. As a child the very first piece of music I ever learned on flute is Arirang, an ancient Korean traditional they have been showcasing for days now - to my amazement and reminiscent pleasure. Hearing it again got me earnestly watching. My family isn't just one national origin and none of my friends are either - we're all family. If "our" dictatorship is bothering to show up for a valid Olympics they shouldn't re-interpret it's non-nationalist meaning and diminish the United States participants who work their asses off for this very moment to showcase American spirit. So ---- embarrassing.

#26 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-02-14 07:44 PM | Reply