Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Rob Porter has resigned from his role as White House staff secretary after his first ex-wife told DailyMail.com that he choked and punched her during their marriage, breaking down her confidence so badly with his verbal and emotional abuse that she took an extended leave of absence from grad school.

Colbie Holderness, 37, who is a senior analyst for the U.S. government, spoke on the record to DailyMail.com about her five-year marriage to Porter, detailing physical and mental abuse.

'These outrageous allegations are simply false. I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago and the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described,' Porter said in a statement Wednesday.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders refused to comment however on his security clearance and dodged a question on why President Trump would accept his resignation given previous comments about the trust and faith the administration had in Porter.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Colbie's revelations follow DailyMail.com's exclusive interview on Tuesday evening with Porter's second wife, Jennifer Willoughby, who told how Porter, 40, once dragged her wet and naked out of the shower and was verbally abusive, calling her a f***ing b***h' on their honeymoon.

Last week, DailyMail.com revealed that Porter, who is Mormon, and White House Director of Communications Hope Hicks are dating, and were seen kissing in a cab on the way back to her apartment from a bar.

The White House has not yet commented on Holderness' claims, but when reached for comment about second wife Jennifer Willoughby's story, Porter told DailyMail.com: 'I will not comment about these matters, beyond stating that many of these allegations are slanderous and simply false.'

Comments

Republican Family Values pics at the link.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-02-07 02:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So is the verbal or physical abuse the true part?

calling her a ---- b***h' on their honeymoon.

Husband of the year.

#2 | Posted by 726 at 2018-02-07 02:56 PM | Reply

I thought Humpy Trumpy was her boyfriend.

She seems to spend an awful lot of time under his desk looking for something very small and hard to find.

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-07 03:05 PM | Reply

And on a related note:

Dan Pfeiffer @danpfeiffer

The difference in how the media is treating the relationship between Weinstein and Democrats and Wynn and the Republicans should cause everyone to take a real look in the mirror.

#4 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-07 03:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The Dotard hires the best people.

#5 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-07 06:27 PM | Reply

Hope is perfect for Rob, she wears a lot of makeup that can cover up bruises.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-07 06:36 PM | Reply

We are afraid to make a judgement on this until some real evidence is presented

Nonpartisanly partisan

Jeffberlytoecentet

#7 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-02-07 06:40 PM | Reply

John Aravosis‏ @aravosis

John Aravosis Retweeted Jim Roberts
Who would even allow her to be involved in this, considering she had a personal interest -- it's just so screwed up. Amateur hour in that White House doesn't begin to describe it.

Jim Roberts‏ @nycjim

Convenient: "White House communications director Hope Hicks is dating Porter, according to people familiar with the relationship, and was involved in the White House's defense of Porter."

#8 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-07 10:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Jennifer Willoughby's statement on her abuse:

Why I stayed.
April 24, 2017

The first time he called me a "------- bitch" was on our honeymoon. (I found out years later he had kicked his first wife on theirs.) A month later he physically prevented me from leaving the house. Less than two months after that, I filed a protective order with the police because he punched in the glass on our front door while I was locked inside. We bought a house to make up for it. Just after our one year anniversary, he pulled me, naked and dripping, from the shower to yell at me.

Everyone loved him. People commented all the time how lucky I was. Strangers complimented him to me every time we went out. But in my home, the abuse was insidious. The threats were personal. The terror was real. And yet I stayed.

When I tried to get help, I was counseled to consider carefully how what I said might affect his career. And so I kept my mouth shut and stayed. I was told, yes, he was deeply flawed, but then again so was I. And so I worked on myself and stayed. If he was a monster all the time, perhaps it would have been easier to leave. But he could be kind and sensitive. And so I stayed. He cried and apologized. And so I stayed. He offered to get help and even went to a few counseling sessions and therapy groups. And so I stayed. He belittled my intelligence and destroyed my confidence. And so I stayed. I felt ashamed and trapped. And so I stayed. Friends and clergy didn't believe me. And so I stayed. I was pregnant. And so I stayed. I lost the pregnancy and became depressed. And so I stayed.

Abuse is indifferent to education level, socio-economic status, race, age, or gender. And no one can ever know the dynamics of another's relationship. My cycle continued for four more years. Afterward, I let go and welcomed the hard work of healing and forgiveness. My experience made me stronger and able to love more deeply. But my heart breaks for him. In the end, who is the real victim of his choices?

www.bornebackceaselessly.com

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-07 10:46 PM | Reply

Another one bites the dust.

#10 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-07 10:56 PM | Reply

CNN: Sources say that Senior White House Officials knew about Porter's abuse allegations and scrambled to protect him.

Hicks clearly was part of that scramble. I wonder if she was also part of his decision to resign.

#11 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-07 11:02 PM | Reply

Except for the speeches and photo ops, I really think Trump resents being president:

Kelly, in particular, valued Porter's contributions to bringing at least a small measure of stability and limited control to an Oval Office that he himself was trying to rid of dysfunction. One of Porter's main responsibilities was to control the paperflow to the president's desk (a hallmark of the Kelly era) in the hopes of curtailing the amount of fringe and far-right news articles and memos that used to flood Trump's deskspace.

It was an initiative that routinely chafed the impulsive and stubborn president. According to two White House sources, Trump would bristle at Porter when he entered the Oval Office with large stacks of documents for the president to sign. Before long, Porter became synonymous in Trump's mind with the mundane clerical work that his staffer would pile upon the Resolute Desk.

"Oh, here we go," Trump would often sneer at Porter, papers in tow, as the president noticeably rolled his eyes before grabbing a pen.

www.thedailybeast.com

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-07 11:05 PM | Reply

Rob Porter, a woman beater with 2 ex-wives?

And this is who Hope Hicks is hitching her wagon to?

And Hope Hicks is giving the president the benefit of her good judgment?

Ooooo-Boy!

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-02-08 07:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#13 it shows Hope is attracted to abusive men. She needs to get counseling and see it.

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-08 10:43 AM | Reply

It's a pity that Porter and Trump won't be able to swap wife-beating stories in the White House anymore.

#15 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-02-08 11:12 AM | Reply

This guy must be charming as hell. His ex-wives are quite attractive and Hope Hicks is hot.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-08 11:17 AM | Reply

A real GOP hero.

#17 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-08 03:17 PM | Reply

The media is making too big a deal out of Porter.

I wish they'd stop responding to these dog whistles and concentrate all their attention on Trump.

He's the root cause of everything.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-02-08 07:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He's the root cause of everything.

donald is the result... I'm not sure he's the root cause.

#19 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-02-08 07:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"And this is who Hope Hicks is hitching her wagon to?" - #13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-02-08 07:07 AM

Is "wagon" a new word for "vagina"?

#20 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-08 07:54 PM | Reply

He's the root cause of everything.
#18 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

They'll shut up about Porter by next week. It's currently every 3-4 days, on average, that Trump does/says something NEWSWORTHY. Monday will be a fresh start.

#21 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-08 07:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

REDIAL

"donald is the result... I'm not sure he's the root cause."

I think you're saying that if they cut off the head of one snake, another one will take it's place.

You're probably right. But he has more than one puppet master. I wonder which one if getting the most enjoyment over all this chaos.

#22 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-02-08 08:10 PM | Reply