Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, who is a frequent critic of President Donald Trump, sharply criticized the President on the Senate floor Tuesday for his remarks he made where he called Democrats "treasonous." ... During a speech outside Cincinnati, Trump called Democrats who didn't applaud for him "treasonous." "They were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said, 'Treasonous.' I mean, yeah, I guess, why not," Trump said to laughter during a speech outside Cincinnati, Ohio on Monday. ... "None of this behavior should ever be regarded as normal," Flake continued on the Senate floor. "We must never allow ourselves to lapse into thinking that this is just the way things are now. We will get through this period."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Trump is scolded by the Statesman from Arizona for his lack of Patriotism and Sanity.

Comments

Thank you Senator Flake. But why do Republicans only find conscience and courage when they are not running for reelection?

#1 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-06 10:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

I'm not a fan of Senator Flake, but he's right about this.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-07 10:33 AM | Reply

It's a punch line, the joke is just badly written.

#3 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-02-07 07:44 PM | Reply

To quote Sarah Huckabee Sanders 'I don't really care what Sen. Flake has to say, I don't think his constituents do either and I think that's why his numbers are in the tank.'

#4 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-07 08:52 PM | Reply

"To quote Sarah Huckabee Sanders"

There goes your credibility.

#5 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-02-07 08:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

Joe Walsh‏ @WalshFreedom

I never clapped for Obama when I was in Congress and I didn't want his Presidency to succeed. At all.

But my opposition to Obama wasn't treasonous nor un-American.

Quit calling Democrats who oppose Trump treasonous and un-American. They aren't.

They just oppose Trump.

#6 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-07 09:13 PM | Reply

Who was the douche who yelled "you lie"? During the SOTU years back?

#7 | Posted by eberly at 2018-02-07 09:27 PM | Reply

Was the douche a traitor?

#8 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-02-07 09:29 PM | Reply

"Who was the douche who yelled "you lie"? During the SOTU years back?"

That's what I thought at first too, but, no, the "you lie" guy was Joe Wilson:

Rep. Wilson shouts, 'You lie' to Obama during speech

www.cnn.com

This is Joe Walsh:

Ex-GOP Lawmaker Joe Walsh: Nunes Is ‘Chair Of Trump's Reelection Campaign'

Nationally syndicated conservative radio host and former congressman Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) said Wednesday evening that Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) should "be ashamed of himself" for aggressively pursuing the release of a classified memo, which he called a "Republican written political document."

www.msn.com

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-07 09:37 PM | Reply

Who was the douche who yelled "you lie"? During the SOTU years back?

#7 | POSTED BY EBERLY

Joe Wilson.

He called Obama after the speech and apologized.

When asked about it, to his immense credit, Obama relayed that Wilson called and apologized and that Obama understood it was a hot topic for Wilson and their 10 minute conversation that followed the apology was very productive. Obama exuded class with how he handled that situation.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-07 09:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Obama exuded class with how he handled that situation.

#10 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

And what would Trump have done?

#11 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-02-07 11:21 PM | Reply

#10 wow Jeff, good post.

#12 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-02-08 12:09 AM | Reply

Oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllll no. Nobody has a right to say what is or is not treason after the crap this country pulled when supporting Snowden.

#13 | Posted by humtake at 2018-02-08 12:00 PM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE AT 2018-02-08 12:00 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

--------! You voted and support a racist and traitor for president, guess what that makes you Comrade Hummertake, a racist and a traitor, it really is that simple.

#14 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-02-08 04:29 PM | Reply

Monson,

Your trolling is lame.

You need to up your game.

#15 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-08 04:30 PM | Reply

I'm not trolling Jeffry, but then again you knew that.
Stop being a hypocrital troglodyte Jeffry.

#16 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-02-08 06:13 PM | Reply

Who was the douche who yelled "you lie"? During the SOTU years back?

#7 | POSTED BY EBERLY AT 2018-02-07 09:27 PM | REPLY

===================

It was a douche move to yell, but are you all going to pretend now that the guy wasn't right? Obama did lie, blatantly.

- Immigrants and their U.S.-born children make up more than 40 percent of new Medicaid recipients at a cost of $4.6 billion, according to an analysis of government data. (2014)

- It found that as of June 2015, "the Administration awarded approximately $750 million in tax credits on behalf of individuals who were later determined to be ineligible because they failed to verify their citizenship, status as a national, or legal presence."

- "Let me repeat this: nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have."

#17 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 07:33 PM | Reply

"Immigrants and their U.S.-born children make up more than 40 percent of new Medicaid recipients at a cost of $4.6 billion, according to an analysis of government data. (2014)"

Stupid American citizens born to stupid immigrants are gonna bring us all down!

I mean, that's nearly 2% of the total 2014 Medicaid expense of $3.3 trillion right there!

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 07:42 PM | Reply

Stupid American citizens born to stupid immigrants are gonna bring us all down!

- I assume you missed the line that said IMMIGRANTS before mentioning their children.

- total Medicaid expense in 2014 was not $3.3 trillion. Common sense should have told you that $3.3 trillion would have made it equivalent to nearly 100% of the total fed budget. Medicaid spending in 2014 was ~$100 billion. Further, $4.6 billion originally mentioned is not 2% of $3.3 trillion even using your goofy numbers, that is just simple math. Were you trying for the most mistakes in a single post?

#19 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 07:54 PM | Reply

"I assume you missed the line that said IMMIGRANTS before mentioning their children."

It said US-born children.
People born in the US are automatically US citizens.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 08:00 PM | Reply

It said US-born children.
People born in the US are automatically US citizens.

=================

And where did I ever write that they weren't? Obama said that no money would go to illegals. He lied. He knew he was lying when he said it. You knew he was lying when he said it. Joe Wilson knew he was lying when he said it. Yes, it was a douche move to yell it at the SoTU but it is undeniable that he was correct. You are just trying to polish a turd over the number. Any number over $0 makes Obama a liar. You know this so why are you still arguing? It does not change the the embarrassment over your fact and math goofs above. So, this will be my last response on this topic unless you can bring some facts to your argument.

#21 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:05 PM | Reply

"So, this will be my last response on this topic..." - #21 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:05 PM

Three (3) responses too late.

#22 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-08 08:09 PM | Reply

Three (3) responses too late.

#22 | POSTED BY HANS

================

Oh look, another turd polisher. You honestly want to make the claim that Obama didn't lie? You know that the facts 100% say that he did. Or, are you just here to bail out Goofy after he made such ridiculous statements? Or, as a suspect, you are just here to make a statement that has nothing to do with the topic or my responses to try to build up your low self-esteem because no one listens to your "witty" one-liners in the real world? I am guessing option 3.

#23 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:14 PM | Reply

"Oh look, another turd polisher." - #23 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:14 PM

I defer to your expertise in that regard...

... as evidenced by your (now) five (5) posts.

#24 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-08 08:23 PM | Reply

"no one listens to your "witty" one-liners in the real world?"

So this is not the "real world" ?

Does that mean we are all in a simulation?

Damn! I knew it! For a minute there I was worried.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-08 08:25 PM | Reply

... as evidenced by your (now) five (5) posts.

#24 | POSTED BY HANS

================

Honest question for you, why did you feel the need to comment at all? Neither of your posts added anything to the content of the thread. Your first was some sort of unfunny dig at me, which again, was meant as a personal attack and added nothing to the actual topic being discussed. Your second, was an even less funny (if that is even possible) attempt at another personal attack. Is this all the liberal left has now? When Obama is clearly shown to be a liar your have an instinctive need to attack the person stating the obvious? That is sad for you and, frankly, sad for America. Sort of makes me regret signing up here if that is all you have to offer.

#26 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:28 PM | Reply

= Five myths about DACA

www.washingtonpost.com

= Sort of makes me regret signing up here

At least you aren't alone in regretting that. Just sayin', Rexella.

#27 | Posted by Corky at 2018-02-08 08:30 PM | Reply

"And where did I ever write that they weren't? "

WHy else did you call my attention to the line that said IMMIGRANTS before mentioning their children?

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 08:31 PM | Reply

So this is not the "real world" ?
Does that mean we are all in a simulation?

Damn! I knew it! For a minute there I was worried.

#25 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

==================

No, sorry, this is not the real world and the rest of the other anonymous posters are not truly your friends. If you want to test my statement, go out to any middle income bar in the US and start talking in the same tone and with the same inflammatory language against the GOP and their voters you lefties use here. After you get socked in the mouth a few times, I bet you will understand the difference between the internet and the real world.

#29 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:32 PM | Reply

#28 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

=====================

Why do you think I put immigrants in all caps but their children not. Logic and common sense is definitely not your strong suit. After your 3 for 3 math and fact problems in your original post, you should have just pushed away from the keyboard.

#30 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:33 PM | Reply

"...because no one listens to your "witty" one-liners in the real world?" - #23 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:14 PM

In this realm I'm only concerned with my fellow Drudge Retorters. Allow me to expand:

Hans, sometimes you are magnificent. A+.

Posted by visitor_ at 2018-01-12 12:02 PM

Is there anyone who enjoys Hans' quote games...?

I do...but then again I'm perverse and truly enjoy watching pompous gas bags having their own turgid utterings served back to them, feathers and all. You can't complain about the poop in the pants when they're your pants.

Not to horn in on anyone's tedious semantical sidebars, but Hans' detractors should take inventory of all the howling poop flingers the gentleman has notched on his keyboard over the past year alone before offering their summation to the jury. Take LastAmerican for instance. Every time he hears the name Hans, he starts twitching and muttering to himself like that guy from Office Space that's looking for his stapler.

Posted by dutch46 at 2007-03-14 04:27 PM

I was reading Hans and Last American go at it today. I have been a member of this site for about a year. I don't think I have witnessed one member so thoroughly discredit and dominate another member the way Hans did to Last American. Hans had LA's number, complete with quotes and cites and sources. It actually was a thing of beauty. Making even more deliciously absurd, LA declared victory and left the thread.

Posted by moder8 at 2007-03-22 08:52 PM

Hans is a bright guy. Sharp memory, biting sarcasm.

Posted by OohRah at 2007-03-23 09:40 AM

Hans you are just cracking me up! I love it when you bulldog these guys, leaving them with no alternative but to run and hide, or declare victory without winning a damn thing.

Carry on. We can all call BS on these guys when we see it - but you always have the proof.

Posted by SanAntonioRogue at 2007-03-23 01:57 PM

It is best not to mess with Hans, the Retort Archivist....If you said it, he will stuff it right back in your piehole for all to see.

Posted by tonyroma at 2007-03-23 03:00 PM

I think Hanster does a pretty good job. He's kind of like a super liberal blog rock star with a growing fan base and everything.

Posted by zulu at 2007-03-23 04:48 PM

I'm not Hans. But one can only aspire.

Posted by FVZ at 2007-04-11 07:06 PM

my hero hans

#186 | Posted by vsheri9457 at 2008-12-16 11:13 PM

Note to self, Don't ---- with Hans.

#4 | Posted by ---------- at 2009-01-09 12:07 PM

Hans gets all the chicks.

Posted by I_N_Cognito at 2007-03-25 12:13 AM

#31 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-08 08:34 PM | Reply

My bad, 3.3 trillion is the NHE, National Healthcare Expense.
Medicaid expense is about half a trillion, so these stupid American kids and their stupid Immigrant parents account for about ten percent of that.
And still they won't get off your lawn!

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 08:38 PM | Reply

"Why do you think I put immigrants in all caps but their children not."

I have no idea.
Are American citizens born to Immigrants less American or something?

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 08:38 PM | Reply

#31 | POSTED BY HANS

===================

Everyone has their own goals and aspirations in life. Some people like to aim low so they can hit their target. I feel sad for those people. I suggest cutting out soy products from your diet for a few months and then reassessing your life goals but you are free to live your life how you choose.

#34 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:39 PM | Reply

"Everyone has their own goals and aspirations in life." - #34 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:39 PM

Apparently, you're not "everyone."

#35 | Posted by Hans at 2018-02-08 08:40 PM | Reply

My bad, 3.3 trillion is the NHE, National Healthcare Expense.

#32 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

============================

Well, I am happy you finally realized your $3.3T number was wrong. However, $4.6B is not 10% of half a trillion. Does the stupid truly know no bounds with you? How many more math errors to do you have in you today?

#36 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:43 PM | Reply

Are American citizens born to Immigrants less American or something?

#33 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

==================

That is not what all caps means. Maybe you should stick to mastering basic math rather than trying to apply logic and reasoning. Immigrants was in all caps because Obama said they would not receive health care money, and they did. That is why Obama lied. It is well documented should you care to inform yourself.

#37 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 08:46 PM | Reply

"However, $4.6B is not 10% of half a trillion."

You're kind of making my point for me.
But enough about me!
Now's the time for you to make your point.

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 09:47 PM | Reply

You're kind of making my point for me.
But enough about me!

#38 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

=====================

The point that you can't do basic math? Yeah, I think I exposed that pretty well. The fact that Obama lied? Yeah, I did that too. Then again, the fact that Obama did lie and Joe Wilson is right is well documented. Way to go Goofy, making libs look stupid must be your goal in life.

#39 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 10:02 PM | Reply

"Then again, the fact that Obama did lie and Joe Wilson is right is well documented."

How do the kids of immigrants play into You Lie? I don't get it. Paint me a picture.

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 10:10 PM | Reply

#40 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

============================

Well, the article failed to break out spending on the illegals vs. their children (who are US citizens). However any number more than $0.00 makes Obama a liar. Like I said, Obama knew he was lying when he made the statement and I have a hunch you did as well (although to be honest, you seem mentally slow or under age 10 so maybe you didn't). So, once you stop embarrassing yourself with your inability to do basic math, you can simply accept that Obama lied. Doesn't change the fact that Wilson was a douche for yelling it at the SoTU speech where he should have more class. But, Obama did lie and Wilson was correct.

#41 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 10:18 PM | Reply

"However any number more than $0.00 makes Obama a liar."

How's this related to, getting back to You Lie,
"The outburst came when Obama denied that proposed health care legislation would provide free health coverage for illegal immigrants."

Just point out where the Politifact article rating it "False" got it wrong.
www.politifact.com
Joe Wilson of South Carolina said Obama lied, but he didn't

#42 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 10:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

How's this related to, getting back to You Lie,

==========================

Is you lack of understanding due to:

A.) Not understanding the definition of a lie, or
B.) Not understanding the definition of free, or
C.) Not understanding the definition of illegal immigrant, or
D.) The inability to link two or more sentences together?

I am thinking it is a bit of all 4 choices as every article states that illegal immigrants were given money for healthcare. So, we have government money (this is the free part) going to illegal immigrants (the is the illegal immigrant part) and we have Obama saying it would not happen when it did in fact happen (this is the lie part) - stringing all the thoughts together is part D.

You're welcome. Now time for you to ride the short bus home, your lesson is done for the day and I am sure mommy is waiting for you with a juice box and animal crackers for her 'smart little man'

#43 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 10:34 PM | Reply

" illegal immigrants were given money for healthcare."

Right, so as Politifact explains:

But it's worth pointing out that illegal immigrants participating in the exchange would be paying for their insurance like everyone else. That's similar to the current system -- we're not aware of any particular restrictions that stop illegal immigrants from buying private insurance now. Under health care reform, illegal immigrants would be able to buy private insurance or the public option.

When we look at all of this evidence, it seems that health reform leaves in place the status quo on illegal immigration, and certainly does not provide any new benefits particularly for illegal immigrants.

#44 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 10:49 PM | Reply

#44 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

=================

First off, I would suggest you stop reading politifact, especially for on an article pre-dating the law going into effect. After all, we are looking at what actually happened vs. what they 'think' will happen. What we know is that illegal immigrants receive billions of dollars a year in free healthcare though medicaid, etc. This is a fact and you are not helping to redeem your poor reputation by continuing to argue this point. You are better off doing math incorrectly or trying to say that a $1B is inconsequential.

#45 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-08 11:30 PM | Reply

"What we know is that illegal immigrants receive billions of dollars a year in free healthcare though medicaid, etc."

Really, do we know that?
Do we know that's because of Obamacare, and not because of laws that already existed, state programs, etc?

#46 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 11:33 PM | Reply

"You are better off doing math incorrectly or trying to say that a $1B is inconsequential."

We export ~$1B worth of goods to Canada in a day.
It's not inconsequential, but it's not exactly massively consequential.

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-08 11:37 PM | Reply

How Undocumented Immigrants Sometimes Receive Medicaid Treatment

During the debate over the 2010 federal health care overhaul, Democrats promised that illegal immigrants wouldn't be among the 27 million people who'd gain coverage. President Barack Obama repeated that pledge last month when he outlined his immigration plan.

But while federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid, a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor pays about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants. Most of it goes to reimburse hospitals for delivering babies for women who show up in their emergency rooms, according to interviews with hospital officials and studies.

The funding -- which has been around since the late 1980s and is less than 1 percent of the cost of Medicaid -- underscores the political and practical challenges of refusing to cover an entire class of people. Congress approved the program after lawmakers required hospitals to screen and stabilize all emergency patients regardless of their insurance or citizenship status.

www.pbs.org

#48 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-08 11:44 PM | Reply

"For emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants. Most of it goes to reimburse hospitals for delivering babies for women who show up in their emergency rooms, according to interviews with hospital officials and studies."

That is just horrible Gal!

outrageous! UnAmerican!

Did someone say treasonous? OK. Why not?

Treasonous!

How dare we the Greatest Nation on Earth offer emergency care to just anyone who shows up in the ER!

We need to set an example for the world!

Are there no prisons? (Preferably for profit ones)

Are there no dipsy dumpsters?

Is the solyent green factory still in operation?

Best they die and decrease the surplus immigrant population.

#49 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-09 12:08 AM | Reply

========================

This is actually one of the many programs by which illegal immigrants get free healthcare. However, thank you for providing yet another link to information showing that Obama lied and Joe Wilson, despite being a giant douche, was correct.

========================

========================

You really pummeled the crap out of that strawman. Way to go! Now, back to the topic at hand about whether Obama straight up lied to you during the SoTU, yep! He sure did.

========================

Really, do we know that?
#46 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

========================

Yes, we do. Next time, stand next to Gal and not across from him when you form up into the Dem circular firing squad.

#50 | Posted by Rex_Buyt at 2018-02-09 12:59 AM | Reply

"However, thank you for providing yet another link to information showing that Obama lied and Joe Wilson, despite being a giant douche, was correct."

Obama didn't lie. The emergency Medicaid coverage that mainly goes to hospitals does so because of a law set into effect in the late 1980s.

#51 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-02-09 01:05 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Yes, we do."

Answer the next part, where it changed because of Obamacare.
Show me the money!

#52 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-09 01:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You can bring a horses ass to water but you can't make him think!

Hospitals that receive Medicare are required to take in anyone. That has been the law since 1986. So we have been paying for immigrant care since then.

Thanks Ronald Reagan!

Now let me tell you something else you should know.

In 1973, Nixon did a personal favor for his friend and campaign financier, Edgar Kaiser, then president and chairman of Kaiser-Permanente.

Nixon signed into law, the Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973, in which medical insurance agencies, hospitals, clinics and even doctors, could begin functioning as for-profit business entities instead of the service organizations they were intended to be.

And which insurance company got the first taste of federal subsidies to implement HMOA73 ... *gasp* ... why, it was Kaiser-Permanente! What are the odds?

Now take the blue pill and go back to sleep.

#53 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-09 02:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1