Sunday, February 04, 2018

It'll be here in 18 months.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The new motorcycle, which was not named, will carry a roughly 50-mile range and be able to go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4 seconds. By comparison, Zero's SR hits 60mph in 3.3 seconds, and the Mission R racer has a top speed of more than 150mph, with a sub-3-second sprint time. A standard Ducati Monster 1200 motorcycle can hit 60mph in just under 3 seconds.

Comments

50 mile range? Not thanks.

There are garage tinkerers on youtube making motorcycles with 2-300 mile ranges.

#1 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-02-04 08:41 AM | Reply

I guess they'll do what TESLA does. Provide an option for a few thousand bucks to double the range.

#2 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2018-02-04 09:06 AM | Reply

How big are the window-rattling speakers that make the motorcycle sounds?

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-04 10:38 AM | Reply

How big are the window-rattling speakers that make the motorcycle sounds?

In the video posted above it seems the bike is silent. But yeah.. I don't see how people will buy a Hog without it's distinctive sound.

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-02-05 03:59 AM | Reply

Up until I sold my bikes last year, I had lot's of opportunity to see all these 'Harley guys'. There was more talk of diabetes medication and obesity related illnesses than revolution.

I don't know if they'll get their stuff together on it, but Harley is correct for doing this. That old 'easy rider' market is dying off.

#5 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-02-05 07:53 AM | Reply

KUDZU

Obviously "old" is the key word here.

But I gotta admit I enjoyed the hell out of those "runs" in their hayday when I lived out west. Good times. Great memories.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-02-05 08:03 AM | Reply

We were ahead of our time as in the 80s, my 7 y/o son had one: i.pinimg.com

#7 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-02-05 12:44 PM | Reply

The a******s who love to race up and down my street won't accept a quiet motorcycle, they need to annoy everyone around them with noise. Their masculinity is, I believe, dependent on it.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-05 12:58 PM | Reply