Saturday, February 03, 2018

Piers Morgan responded with fury after BBC satire 'The Mash Report' broadcast a cartoon image of him pleasuring US President Donald Trump. He wrote: "The BBC thinks this is OK to broadcast. But if it depicted high profile women, there would be outrage. Why the double standard?" The BBC 2 programme used the cartoon after criticism of Morgan's interviewing style and accusations he "brown nosed" Trump during the groundbreaking Q and A. But this did little to appease Morgan who claimed the image would not have aired had it involved two prominent women or gay men.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

It's obvious the intent of the cartoon was convey "haha, look at those two f*gs!"

Comments

Guess what, with the tax cut for the 1% and many other things, I don't care. If you want to be a total asshole don't be offended when you are called out. Piers Morgan? Like I give a s**t what he thinks or what offends him. He offends me with his opinions every day. He is garbage and only stupid people listen to him.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-03 01:12 PM | Reply

The BBC is the equivalent of MSNBC, except they are taxpayer-funded.

They still make some good period piece and modern dramas, however, like Downton Abbey, Endeavour, Luther, etc., mixed in among the dreck like "Sherlock".

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-02-03 01:30 PM | Reply

Tell you the truth, I could never stomach Piers Morgan. He was a pompous ass and deserves to be ridiculed. Sometimes politics gets so distorted by real people and events that crude cartoons are justified.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-03 01:41 PM | Reply

Piers Morgan should have been prosecuted over the phone hacking scandal. He doesn't get to lecture anyone about media ethics.

#4 | Posted by rcade at 2018-02-03 01:44 PM | Reply

The only real purpose of cartoons like that are to torpedo any legitimate criticisms of people like Trump and Morgan by associating those criticisms with unhinged, loony hypocrites. How is that "justified"?

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-03 01:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'm not really seeing this as homophobic.
This just looks like a regular work day.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-03 01:52 PM | Reply

For once, I think I agree with Sentinel. I still think the cartoon was funny though.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-03 01:52 PM | Reply

--He offends me with his opinions every day.

Everyone who disagrees with your opinions offends you.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-02-03 02:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This isn't homophobic at all, this is mocking the willing and eager brown nosers that Trump seems to attract and surround himself with. For proof, just look at video of his cabinet meetings with explicit knob polishing.

CNN should use a snapchat like filter to add brown to all the noses of Goppers. That would be hilarious.

#9 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-03 04:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

- This isn't homophobic at all, this is mocking

The thread poster seems to "think" that any mention of homosexuality is homophobic. He seems very sensitive about that.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2018-02-03 04:10 PM | Reply

There was never anything sexual about the term "brown nosing". They could've just as easily conveyed the message by portraying him kissing the butt cheek, or showing him with a literally brown nose, but instead they chose to portray an explicit sexual act as an insult.

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-03 04:55 PM | Reply

What's Piers Morgan doing in schizotrumpgasm's spot?

#12 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-02-03 05:10 PM | Reply

Kinda turned me on.....

#13 | Posted by eberly at 2018-02-03 05:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#11 Nose to rosebud doesn't seem like a sex act to me, but then I don't fawn over mobsters, nor am I an expert on conservative virtue signalling.

#14 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-03 05:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Posted by bored at 2018-02-03 05:40 PM | Reply

He's smelling his dinner before he eats.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-03 05:49 PM | Reply

"There was never anything sexual about the term "brown nosing"

Well, if one were to do it, it would look like the cartoon.
So then there's nothing sexual about the cartoon either...

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-03 06:02 PM | Reply

To see this as offensive you have to make a few leaps. One of them is requiring the leaper to think homosexuality is an insult.

To someone not looking at it from a sexual angle, it's implying a few things and they may be accurate for this interviewer. I didn't hear the interview that sparked the creation of this cartoon. It must have been pretty soft ball to imply brown-nosing.

#18 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-03 07:54 PM | Reply

Do you really expect us to believe homosexuality was being used as a compliment in this case? Come on, pull my leg harder ... and a little faster.

#19 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-03 11:33 PM | Reply

I have met a lot of brown nosers at work, but none seemed gay.

Me thinks the Dotard's base doth protest too much.

If you don't want to have brown above your frown, stop snorting the orange clown.

#20 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-04 12:31 AM | Reply

#19 I believe there is no sexual content.

You put it there with your bias against homosexuality.

The rest of us don't see it.

#21 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-04 02:39 PM | Reply

#21 correct.
Homosexuality isn't the slight here, it's willingly eating directly from Trump's ass, like you do, that's the slight.
Are you gay? Good for you! That's not why you're a sorry excuse for a human being, Sentinel.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-04 03:19 PM | Reply

It's nice to see republicans -- who are known all over the world for their empathy towards, acceptance and tolerance of homosexuals -- stand up for what's right here.

#23 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-02-04 04:16 PM | Reply

Tell me how hilarious this is in four years.

#24 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-04 04:57 PM | Reply

In 2022???

#25 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-02-04 05:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Mas o menos

#26 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-04 05:58 PM | Reply

"Tell me how hilarious this is in four years."

It won't be homophobic in four years.

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-04 06:05 PM | Reply

But you'll still be, when it suits you.

#28 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-04 08:54 PM | Reply

Morgan was correct here, imagine Rona Fairhead doing the same thing to the lady prime.

#29 | Posted by Crassus at 2018-02-05 03:59 AM | Reply

Or Hillary and Huma.

#30 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-05 08:46 AM | Reply

If it's homophobic then I am severely against it. I am not gay and shouldn't tell anyone who is what is offensive to them or not. If you are offended Sentinel, then I agree with you. Crassus too.

#31 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-05 12:27 PM | Reply

Sentinel:
Do you think that calling someone a "brown-noser" is a homosexual slur?

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-05 01:33 PM | Reply