Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News
Monday, February 05, 2018

A coconut that was placed inside a coffin "sent fear" through staff at a crematorium when it exploded. Bolton Council has urged mourners to abide by crematorium rules and not "slip" items into coffins. Donna Ball, Assistant Director of Community Services, said a "hell of an explosion can sometimes occur". Other items of concern include mobile phones, TV remotes, e-cigarettes and bottles of alcohol. Ball told the BBC: "We are asking people to be considerate regarding the items they place into coffins before the cremation process. "We have seen a rise in things like e-cigarettes, bottles of whisky and vodka, golf balls, sometimes golf clubs, and mobile phones. Mobile phones in particular are a real issue for us". Ball said: "Usually the funeral director will pick them up but sometimes things are slid inside peoples' pockets and they are just not picked up during the process, then when they go through the cremation process a hell of an explosion can sometimes occur."

Advertisement

Advertisement

More

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up?

Comments

Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

Nothing worse than exploding corpses, I always say.

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2018-02-05 05:08 PM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY CBOB

Nothing more phantasmagorical than exploding corpses, I always say.

FTFY

#2 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-02-06 10:36 AM | Reply

Comments are closed for this entry.

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2018 World Readable

Drudge Retort