Thursday, February 01, 2018

We are always told that we need the right to bear arms to defend ourselves. Who is attacking that one would need an AR-15 with a scope IN THEIR CAR? Isn't the purpose of a scope to aid aiming at long range? Who is attacking your car from far enough away that you need a scope?

Comments

I have my scoped AR-10 platform in my car, on days when I'm going to the range. Reason for scope is for target shooting from 100 to 300 yards.

#1 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-02-01 01:24 PM | Reply

We are always told that we need the right to bear arms to defend ourselves. - Posted by hatter5183 at 01:07 PM
No, you were told that one of the reasons that we maintain the right to bear arms is to defend ourselves.

#2 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-01 01:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That doesn't appear to be a scope, it looks exactly like a zero magnification red dot sight. Those are very, very common.

#3 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-02-01 01:46 PM | Reply

Liberals,

In a free society, you dont get to ask why I need something, else, I get to ask why you need an abortion..

#4 | Posted by boaz at 2018-02-01 03:44 PM | Reply

But Boaz, you want the cops to ask to see brown people's papers.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 03:45 PM | Reply

Yes, anyone who isnt here legally..

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2018-02-01 03:49 PM | Reply

So now you're okay with asking questions.
Glad we cleared that up.
Have a nice day.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 03:53 PM | Reply

Not to verified citizens...

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2018-02-01 04:27 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by boaz at 2018-02-01 03:44 PM
#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 03:45 PM |

So how about we compromise and ask anyone carrying a gun to prove that they are US citizen, and anyone NOT carrying a gun to prove that they are a US citizen.
Take the guns from those not allowed to own them, and prosecute if laws were broken. Remove the people not allowed to be here, and prosecute if laws were broken.
Win-win?
/s

#9 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-01 05:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Not to verified citizens..."

The only way to verify is... having the little piggies ask "Papers, Please."
Just to be crystal clear, you do support that, right Boaz?

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 05:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"So how about we compromise and ask anyone carrying a gun to prove that they are US citizen."

Sarcasm aside, the Second Amendment applies to everyone under American jurisdiction, not just citizens.
I only make this comment to point out how right-wingers have citizenship on the brain, like they are from the movie Starship Troopers and want the country to be divided into Citizens with Full Rights and second-class people with fewer rights.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 05:57 PM | Reply

"Liberals,
... you dont get to ask ... I get to ask"
#4 | POSTED BY BOAZ

At least Private Boaz finally admits he holds a double standard for liberals.

#12 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-02-01 07:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What a mendacious hack-job.

#13 | Posted by et_al at 2018-02-01 07:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 05:57 PM
Which is why you will note the 2nd sentence which did not state that people unable to prove their citizenship would be relieved of their guns, but that those 'allowed to own them' would. I only make this comment to point out how you continually project your biases against what you think right-wingers are onto people that neither espouse those beliefs nor behave in the way you caricature them.

#14 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-02-01 07:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

At least Private Boaz finally admits he holds a double standard for liberals.

Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-02-01 07:46 PM | Reply

That's our Boaz for you.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-01 08:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You said "remove the people not allowed to be here."
You also said you'd be asking two groups of people to prove their citizenship; those carrying guns and those not carrying guns.
Are we not supposed to notice that adds up to everybody?

We're up to two now, where's Sniper and Crassus?

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 09:04 PM | Reply

Not to verified citizens...

#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Yeah. We should make them wear an armband with a yellow symbol of some sort on it, right?

For somebody who's so into Murica you seem to know dick about America.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-01 11:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

What a mendacious hack-job.

#13 | POSTED BY ET_AL AT 2018-02-01 07:55 PM | FLAG:

That's rich coming from a cut-and-paste artist such as yourself. That is less a hack job and more an abbreviation: Bozo believes his pet issues are above question while liberal issues warrant interrogation. Sounds like a double standard to me.

Now, crawl back into whatever paleocon law blog cesspool spawned you, you sanctimonious hack. Come back once you've evolved a little self awareness.

#18 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-02-02 04:13 AM | Reply

Not to verified citizens...

#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2018-02-01 04:27 PM | FLAG:

You are a disgrace to your country and all it claims to stand for, you damned fascist. History will not be kind to your sort.

#19 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-02-02 04:14 AM | Reply

F*ck you dirk.

I almost hope that we do have a Islamic revolution here in the U.S. so liberals like you can get what you deserve.

History is very kind to those like me, Patriotic, country above self, willing to die for it, security first, keep out threats no matter how Politically correct.

History is replete with examples like you, at least we have examples of how YOU will turn out..

People like me defend people like you and I know that burns your skin..

#20 | Posted by boaz at 2018-02-02 08:03 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

People like me defend people like you and I know that burns your skin..

Posted by boaz at 2018-02-02 08:03 AM | Reply

You live in a fantasy land. Sad that you haven't a clue what you are talking about as per the usual.

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-02 08:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#20 I'm sure Corporal Adolf had similar rationalizations.

Oddly enough he is our best example of what happens when we sink to the level of forcing "undesirables" to be publicly identifiable.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2018-02-02 10:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The "scope" looks like a tiny AT-4 antitank launcher. Watch out for backblast.

#23 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-02-02 11:46 AM | Reply

"People like me defend people like you"

Why? You obviously think people like us are lower than dirt.

I mean, how do you find job satisfaction in your life???

Maybe you don't, and that's why you're so cranky all the time!

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-02 01:11 PM | Reply

When do you use a scope for self defense?
Easy, when the target is orange.

#25 | Posted by bored at 2018-02-03 12:34 AM | Reply

"I'll pencil you in for a "Yes" (correct me if I'm wrong!) on having the little piggies ask "Papers, Please."
We're up to two now, where's Sniper and Crassus?"

No Snoofy. Checking for citizenship should be done AFTER someone is arrested for a crime. If they are here illegally, they should be dealt with appropriately, not released.

Snoofy what you might not be able to understand is that the police can only do certain things AFTER a crime is committed. Those things found would be secondary violations of the law.

In many states, the police cannot stop you for a seat belt violation or a broken tail light. There has to be a primary violation like speeding.

#26 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2018-02-03 08:36 AM | Reply

Who needs a scope when you have a car antenna?

-Beefalo Boob