Monday, January 29, 2018

U.S. President Donald Trump, who has garnered a large following on social media with rambunctious postings, said he sometimes tweets from bed. In an interview with Britain's ITV channel, he appeared to appreciate the wide impact of his postings in Twitter and said that he needed social media to communicate with voters in the era of what he termed fake news. "If I don't have that form of communication I can't defend myself," Trump said in an interview broadcast on Sunday. "I get a lot of fake news, a lot of news that is very false or made up." It was a crazy situation, he said, that many people in the world waited for his tweets.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

When asked about whether he was lying in bed with his phone thinking of how to wind people up, Trump said: "Well, perhaps sometimes in bed, perhaps sometimes at breakfast or lunch or whatever, but generally speaking during the early morning, or during the evening I can do whatever, but I am very busy during the day, very long hours. I am busy."

Comments

Asked about eating burgers and drinking Coke, Trump, 71, said: "I eat fine food, really from some of the finest chefs in the world, I eat healthy food, I also have some of that food on occasion... I think I eat actually quite well."

Trump said that he was very popular in the United Kingdom. Some British politicians have called for Trump not to visit and 1.86 million people have signed a petition asking for him to be banned from entering the United Kingdom.

"I get so much fan mail from people in your country - they love my sense of security, they love what I am saying about many different things," Trump said.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-01-29 10:34 PM | Reply

Dotard.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-01-29 10:34 PM | Reply

Trump has to be the greatest President in modern times ....

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2018-01-29 11:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 7

Says you?

#4 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-01-29 11:47 PM | Reply

Trump holds his pecker when he tweets from be sometimes.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-30 07:25 AM | Reply

"Trump said in an interview broadcast on Sunday. "I get a lot of fake news, a lot of news that is very false or made up." "

Stop watch Fox would be a good start.

Does Stormy proof read the tweets?

#6 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-30 08:06 AM | Reply

"Trump has to be the fattest President in modern times ...."

FTFY

#7 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-30 09:27 AM | Reply

I get what he is saying. You need to be relaxed to make a good tweet.

Some of my best posts come when I am sitting on my throne and making a Trump.

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-30 11:35 AM | Reply

Donner

When I'm on the throne I yell in my best Liam Neeson voice "RELEASE THE TRUMP!"

www.youtube.com

#9 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-30 11:50 AM | Reply

The bedroom happens to be where Ivanka taught Dolt 45 how to spell covfefe.

i.ytimg.com

#10 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-01-30 04:25 PM | Reply

So when Trump suggested the DNC hacker could be a 400lb person in a bed somewhere, he was projecting.
www.businessinsider.com

#11 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2018-01-30 06:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Trump has to be the greatest President in modern times ....

Surely you mean that he's the greatest current president.

#12 | Posted by rcade at 2018-01-30 09:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I wonder how many of you here tweet while on the toilet - LOL

#13 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-01-30 11:15 PM | Reply