Monday, January 29, 2018

Police in Dallas busted a cockfight in progress on Sunday morning while looking for a stolen car on abandoned property, according to the SPCA of Texas. SPCA of Texas spokeswoman Maura Davies said in a press release that the agency along with the Dallas Police Department seized 48 fighting roosters from an abandoned property in Balch Springs.

Comments

FTA: "Davies said one individual was arrested and charged with a Class A misdemeanor for possessing cockfighting paraphernalia. Another person was issued a Class C misdemeanor citation for attending the cockfight, while all the other attendees fled the scene."

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-29 02:22 AM | Reply

I never realized cockfighting was so sophisticated. From the photographs, it looks as if the prized cocks have their own elaborately decorated hutches. I can't figure out what the double-beam balance is for, though.

#2 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-29 12:46 PM | Reply

At least in bull fighting they actually eat the animal after it's killed. I guess they don't think it's manly to eat dead cocks. (Although in some cultures they do eat bull's cocks.)

#3 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-01-29 09:49 PM | Reply

Thanks for supporting the thread, Sentinel. I'm really disappointed in the DR's lack of interest in illegal cocks.

I thought long and hard about posting it. Obviously, the thought of two bloody cocks battling to the death is too hairy a subject for our fellow posters to grasp.

#4 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-29 10:01 PM | Reply

My cock's a lover not a fighter

#5 | Posted by patron at 2018-01-30 08:43 AM | Reply

I saw what you did there!

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-01-30 07:12 PM | Reply