Sunday, January 28, 2018

In the final hours of 2017, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend were forced to deny accusations that they were part of an elite paedophile ring. The American model and her musician husband responded to tweets by Liz Crokin, a right-wing conspiracy theorist, who had collated pictures of the couple's daughter dressed as Alice in Wonderland and a hot dog. This, alongside the fact the couple have previously been pictured with Hillary Clinton and Harvey Weinstein, prompted Crokin to tweet that the pair "run in circle with people who rape, torture & traffic kids". If you are confused as to how pictures of a child dressed as a storybook character and a sausage are evidence of paedophilia, you are probably not alone.

Comments

More FTA:

The hashtag #FollowTheWhiteRabbit collates conspiracy theories surrounding many in the Democratic party, as well as liberal celebrities (and goes some way to explaining why an Alice in Wonderland costume is seen as suspicious). The Daily Dot notes that most who use this hashtag are pro-Trump in their Twitter handles and bios.

Once someone is a target of those who "follow the White Rabbit" (i.e. go down a rabbit hole into perceived truths), it is remarkably easy for theorists to find "evidence" of their crimes. Crokin, for example, points out that Teigen once made a joke about witchcraft in a magazine. Anderson Cooper, an anchor at one of Trump's most hated news sources, CNN, was pictured with a cut-out of child star Honey Boo Boo and once posted an Instagram of a gruesome looking teddy bear, so he is clearly "shopping for trafficked children to rape". Other hashtags that collate this "evidence" include #QAnon (the nickname of a 4Channer who claims to have insider information and posts mysterious questions on the site) and #TheStorm (the idea that a storm of accusations and arrests is incoming).

These theories notably target high-profile figures who are anti-Trump (Teigen was blocked by the president on Twitter in July). In December, actor Tom Hanks expressed – for the first time – "concerns" about Trump's presidency. A day short of a month later, Crokin shared a tweet about Hanks "listening to people's cell phone conversations" with a cell phone scanner, adding her own hashtags – #Qanon #followthewhiterabbit #TheStorm – to the tweet.

#1 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-28 08:10 AM | Reply

They also think that donnie dollhands is holding the Clintons and the Obamas in Guantánamo Bay and a slew of other crazy things.

#2 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-28 08:13 AM | Reply

Here's some more:

www.yahoo.com

FTA:

Trump was sending a secret signal to his followers when he struggled to drink Fiji water

Followers of the theory believe that Trump was sending a secret signal to his followers when he struggled to drink a bottle of Fiji water.

Fiji, you see, is a source for the child-sex industry, according to believers, and Trump took power specifically to take on an elite conspiracy of paedophiles involving Clinton, the Rothschilds and other classic conspiracy targets.

There is no evidence for any of this, obviously.

Hillary Clinton, John McCain and Chelsea Clinton are already wearing ankle tags

Believers in the conspiracy think that President Trump is days away from arresting hundreds of supposed ‘elite paedophiles' who have been drugging and raping children.

The evidence? John McCain, Chelsea Clinton and Hillary Clinton have been pictured wearing ankle boots, which #followthewhiterabbit believers think hide electronic tags.

Elite paedophiles are killing and eating children

It all seems to be linked to the – baseless – Pizzagate conspiracy theory, which led a young man to storm a restaurant with a gun to ‘free' children he thought were being held there.

This time, however, the ‘elites' also seem to be drinking children's blood and sacrificing them to Satan.

And, no, Keanu Reeves didn't say that Hollywood elites use the blood of babies to get high.

#3 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-28 08:19 AM | Reply

3ec94bf7d8a3

FTA:

Barack Obama will be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay any day now.

MS-13 murdered Seth Rich, probably at the DNC's behest.

Special counsel Robert Mueller isn't investigating the Donald Trump campaign  --  he's actually investigating the Clintons, and Trump's helping.

And Pizzagate is real, but don't worry  --  Trump finally has its perpetrators on the run.

Welcome to the exciting alternative universe of "The Storm," an increasingly popular mega-theory on the right that has already absorbed gobs of smaller conspiracy theories. In "The Storm," which also goes by the handle "QAnon," Trump fans can inhabit a world where their wildest Trump hopes can come true.

Sean Hannity retweeted a tweet citing QAnon on Tuesday, and now I fear we're only a week away from some Fox guest dropping a cryptic QAnon reference on air.

#4 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-28 08:24 AM | Reply

Bad link in #4. It won't work right.

I suspect it's the liberal elite preventing me from speaking the truth!

#5 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-28 08:25 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I can't imagine this post is going to stay up long, but in the name of honesty, it does deserve to be said.

It was about that same time when the presidential campaign was underway and we voted that we were having all things gay crammed down our throats by mainstream media.

Personally, I do not see the transgender issue as being a LGBT issue. It's a transgender issue.

I mean...just because a person does not want to see laws passed that would permit men to wander in and out of women's restrooms willy-nilly and law enforcement forbidden to stop it, does not mean a person is opposed to gay rights.

That's a distortion.

Well...so...my point.

Considering Gay Marriage had recently made it through the Supreme Court (which I can get behind so long as churches do not end up being punished that do not endorse it), I had personally decided the Supreme Court does not need more liberals.

We can talk about all the reasons Trump got elected, but I think you have to step back and look at all the things going on at that time.

Conservatives have been watching America move more and more to the left for decades.

Trump getting elected may just be the result of a perfect storm that all the issues together were enough to get him elected that by themselves might not have been enough.

#6 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-28 03:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Isn't that what the "T" is?

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-28 03:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

LOL

#8 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-28 03:22 PM | Reply

"There is a growing concern among conservatives any hope of maintaining any influence in America is waning."

Evangelicals overwhelmingly support our President who uses prostitutes, cheats on his wife, lies, and ogles underage girls.

The best thing that could happen for America is for that influence to wane.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-28 03:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Redial,

That is what is being done.

Not all transgendered people are even homosexual.

The gay movement decided to pick up transgender issues and then claim if you don't support everything they want then you are opposed to all gay rights.

Whatever.

But...back to the topic at hand.

I'm not debating the merits of that topic.

Frankly, I like him for many reasons but he does have a very unusual personality.

#10 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-28 03:38 PM | Reply

Not all transgendered people are even homosexual.

It being a completely different thing, you are probably correct.

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-28 03:46 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

Well,,, plus Obama eats babies so he can live forever.

Not to worry though. Trump hemmed him up. He's either in a secret prison or on his way there as I type this.

#12 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-28 03:49 PM | Reply

"The conversation is being re-framed in such a way you can not talk about transgender related topics without being accused of being homophobic."

You are re-framing "calling transgender a mental illness" or whatever your excuse for intolerance is as "talk about transgender related topics" so as to hide your intentions.

Someone like me can talk about transgender related topics perfectly fine without being accused of being homophobic.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-28 04:22 PM | Reply

"My point is all these things together pushed conservatives to the point they actually voted for a man with an over the top personality that any other time would find it hard to get the nomination."

Well then you guys all suck as human beings. Your hostility towards transgenders being tolerated in society led you to vote for a douchebag.

Of course, a few posts ago it was because you decided you didn't want any more liberals on the Supreme Court.

I don't think you have a point, just a lot of anger about transgender issues, that would be more productively discussed in therapy.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-28 04:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Despite the fact that the SC has been conservative dominated since the '70s.

#15 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-28 04:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Redial,

What does that have to do my with statement I do not want more liberal judges on the Supreme Court?

Do they always make decisions along party line?

Let's word it another way.

I did not want Hillary Clinton having the ability to nominate justices to the highest court in the land.

#16 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-28 05:19 PM | Reply

Do they always make decisions along party line?

Obviously you think they do.

#17 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-28 05:26 PM | Reply

But you'd prefer Trump to nominate a bunch of fucking retards?

Seriously. Have you viewed some of the nominees being vetted?

Trump has nominated people who don't even understand what they were nominated for.

Conservatives are fucking retarded.

Our fellow conservative DR posters prove it here daily.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-01-28 05:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#18. www.drudge.com

#19 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-28 05:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

In a way, supporting trans identities is conservative. One has to maintain a notion of conservative sexual roles in order to identify differently from what's between your legs. In a truly liberal society with completely androgynous identities, the concept of being trans doesn't make sense.

#20 | Posted by Snowfake at 2018-01-28 09:04 PM | Reply

Posted by Snowfake at 2018-01-28 09:04 PM | Reply

LMMFAO

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-01-28 09:06 PM | Reply

Democrats should be proud they ignored such losers and won the vote.

#22 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-28 10:58 PM | Reply

Yap, #22.

If catering to these **** sticks is what it takes to "win" I'd rather lose.

#23 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-29 03:53 PM | Reply

**** these people.

All of them.

#24 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-29 03:53 PM | Reply

"Not all transgendered people are even homosexual."

But, they are all pedophiles right?

Otherwise, you would have no problem with them peeing in the bathroom of their choice.

We do know that there are some men who are pedophiles. But, you could care less if they were in the bathroom with your children.

Apparently.

Apparently you have pee pee issues.

Apparently.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-29 05:29 PM | Reply

I'm just waiting for Polygamy to become legal and the acronym adds a "P" to the end.

#26 | Posted by madbomber at 2018-01-29 09:40 PM | Reply

Mad,

They could probably add a P to their as acronym even now.

Prostitutes.

#27 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-29 09:47 PM | Reply

Are the moderators of this site so embarrassed by the word they would delete my previous post?

Read about liberals stance on that subject.

#28 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-29 09:55 PM | Reply

Let's coin a new word.

Prostiphobia.

#29 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-29 09:57 PM | Reply

Mad,
They could probably add a P to their as acronym even now.
Prostitutes.
#27 | Posted by BillJohnson a

You don't have sympathy for prostitutes?

#30 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-29 10:02 PM | Reply

Truth,

When I was 19 and had just been discharged from the military for homosexual activity, I couldn't go back home. I made a friend who ended up bringing me to a large city.

True story.

I had no where to go and no money. I knew how things were on the street but had managed to avoid being part of it.

A friend bought me a meal at a fast food restaurant and we were talking.

The Pastor of an MCC church overheard me and came up to me and offered a room in his house with him and his friend.

There was nothing inappropriate about it and he was rarely home.

His friend helped me find a job and I lived there about 6 months until I got my GI Bill going and started college.

I had to get my GED. Then I finished a 4 year college degree.

I am 100% convinced for some reason beyond my comprehension God protected me many many times.

Yes....I do have sympathy for prostitutes.

#31 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-29 10:21 PM | Reply

Great story bill, I'm very glad you were able to avoid a dangerous pitfall.

#32 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-29 10:41 PM | Reply

Oh and by the way, the pastor you mention is the type of religious person that I have a great deal of respect for despite being an atheist. Someone who walks the walk so to speak.

#33 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-29 10:42 PM | Reply

Truth,

Of course, I had to make better decisions about the future of my life.

Sometimes God provides opportunities that come with hard work.

#34 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-01-29 10:43 PM | Reply