Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A free checking account used by some lower-income customers has been cut by Bank of America, and all users have been transferred into accounts charging fees for those who don't meet certain requirements. Now, customers will be charged $12 a month if they don't have a direct deposit of $250 or more each month. Additionally, customers will be charged the fee if their minimum daily balance is below $1,500.

Comments

Bad link. I don't know why:

www.washingtonexaminer.com

#1 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-23 07:02 PM | Reply

That is crappy of them, there is no functional reason apart from greed for a bank to charge to have a small account remain open.

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-01-23 09:41 PM | Reply

I use to bank at bank of sleaze I noticed more and more fee's being charged for services that used to be free so I quit them and joined a credit union, now I am happy camper

#3 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-01-23 11:00 PM | Reply

PUNCHY

I dumped BofA a couple year ago when they hit my "three strikes and your out" mark. Not only my personal accounts which exceeded their limits but also the Trust account of the estate I administer which holds over $300,000. I don't like "bank people" who lie to me like they think I'm an idiot.

ST-E-E-E-RIKE THREE!

Two days later it was "toodles" and I was out there. Well, not exactly ~ LOL. I know they won't miss me but they'll sure remember me!

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-23 11:30 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY PUNCHYPOSSUM

I don't understand why more people don't do this.

#5 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-01-24 12:48 AM | Reply

B of A has sucked for years, typical that Douchegood would try to tie their suckiness to the Tax cut.

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-24 12:53 AM | Reply

"I don't understand why more people don't do this."

Me either.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-24 12:53 AM | Reply

Their free money wasn't enough.

Like all hogs at the trough, they need more.

#8 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-01-24 04:24 AM | Reply