Monday, January 22, 2018

When Sen. Susan Collins hosted budget talks at her office she required a talking stick be used, according to CNN. Only the Senator holding the talking stick was allowed to speak. At one point, when one Senator began speaking out of turn, the Senator with the stick forcefully delivered the stick toward their colleague. No one was hurt but a glass elephant on a shelf was chipped.

Comments

Republican "governance" in one quick story.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-22 09:35 PM | Reply

Give me the conch! Sucks to your ass-mar!!!

#2 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-01-22 11:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Senators Used Talking Stick During Bipartisan Budget Talks

Give me the conch! Sucks to your ass-mar!!!

#2 | POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2018-01-22

Hmmm....Lord of the Flies...definitely gets a NW. Well done.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-23 12:00 AM | Reply

Many of the native tribes where I live (Pacific Northwest) used some form of a 'talking stick'. For some tribes a feather, for others a stick, and for some both (the group(s) could split the feather and stick, but if one person had both, omfg). Some tribes still practice this.

#4 | Posted by horstngraben at 2018-01-23 12:50 AM | Reply

Just doesn't have the cult-like vibe of the human megaphone.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-01-23 08:30 AM | Reply

Did it have the bathroom key on one end?

#6 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-01-23 09:17 AM | Reply

Would have been funner for all if they had used a peace pipe instead. Especially if it was on C-SPAN.

#7 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-23 09:58 AM | Reply

Freakin children

#8 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-23 10:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The talking Nerf Gun may be fun to have.

#9 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-01-23 12:21 PM | Reply

The talking Nerf Gun may be fun to have.
#9 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2018-01-23 12:21 PM | REPLY

Talking air soft gun maybe? You need to make speaking out of turn a little more painful than the "punch" those Nerf dart deliver.

#10 | Posted by bartimus at 2018-01-23 01:13 PM | Reply

Republican "governance" in one quick story.

#1 | POSTED BY CORKY AT 2018-01-22 09:35 PM

Looks like someone needs to look up the definition of "Bipartisan."

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-23 01:29 PM | Reply

Looks like someone needs to look up, "Sen. Susan Collins hosted budget talks at her office she required a talking stick be used...". Republican governance.

#12 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-23 01:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Conservatives really do have the minds of children; sans all the sharing & willingness to learn bits.

#13 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-01-23 01:45 PM | Reply

#12 Yes what a horrible idea that two opposing parties use, "a Stick" ,so that everyone is aloud to speak, and not be spoken over. To hell with a productive meeting about budgets of all things. (said in my most impressive Dr Gregory House voice)

#14 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-23 01:57 PM | Reply

How many meetings have you attended that required a talking stick?

#15 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-23 01:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He in Mrs. Pinky in counseling every other Tuesday.

#16 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-23 02:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"and"... "in" hasn't happened in decades.

#17 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-23 02:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

How many meetings have you attended that required a talking stick?

#15 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS

Many, but I also have attended many meetings in large groups.

How many meetings have you attended, where they should have used one?

#18 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-23 02:06 PM | Reply

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on

Snoofy's mom takes care of the "in"

#19 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-23 02:07 PM | Reply

OK, it looks like the center peg of a croquet set, or a rather large -----...which would be appropriate under the circumstances.

#20 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-23 02:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

At least it's was a talking stick and the ugly stick the Democrats use.

#21 | Posted by visitor_ at 2018-01-23 03:43 PM | Reply

At least it's was a talking stick and the ugly stick the Democrats use.

#21 | POSTED BY VISITOR

Looks like you've been beat with the STUPID STICK a few times.

#22 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-01-23 05:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Many, but I also have attended many meetings in large groups.
How many meetings have you attended, where they should have used one?
#18 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain a

I've been attending meetings for decades and the answer is:

www.youtube.com

#23 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-23 07:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

AA meetings don't count Truthy.

#24 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-24 12:18 AM | Reply

Hit me with your rhythm stick.
Hit me! Hit me!
C'est si bon, mm? Ist es nicht?
Hit me! hit me! hit me!
Hit me with your rhythm stick.
Two fat persons, click, click, click.
Hit me! Hit me! Hit me!