Monday, January 22, 2018

Below is a leaked draft document with plans for the White House infrastructure plan, a key campaign priority of President Trump. Comment from White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters: "We are not going to comment on the contents of a leaked document but look forward to presenting our plan in the near future.

Comments

Enjoy your toll roads.

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-22 02:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Page 3 item V.

They're going to sell off our publicly owned resources to pay for it.

Every time I feel like I can't hate these piles of ---- any more they find a way to squeeze a little more water from that stone.

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-22 03:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Section V is a variation of a "segregation fund" that the Obama Administration tried to set up in 2010 for all proceeds from existing oil and gas leases for environmental purposes that State Departments of Transportation fought against since most of those funds already are ear marked for just this purpose. This would codify those allocations.

I assume that your real beef is with Section VI, which is a hot button item for both conservatives and liberals alike, albeit for different reasons.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-22 03:23 PM | Reply

Didn't know Adam Schiff had access to this too.

#4 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-01-22 04:15 PM | Reply

Didn't know Adam Schiff had access to this too.

#4 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-01

I'm pretty sure Trump will be the last to see it.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-22 04:45 PM | Reply

ZED... Did not know I would have to spell out that Schiff is the one who has been leaking the Congressional investigation info.

Figured that if something leaked Schiff must be behind it.

#6 | Posted by sawdust at 2018-01-22 05:02 PM | Reply

If this is Trump's Plan I am sure that the infrastructure will leak too, Humpy Trumpy loves leaks...

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-22 05:15 PM | Reply

Did not know I would have to spell out

#6 | Posted by sawdust at

Did not know that I would have to spell out that Trump is controlled by eunuchs.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-22 06:02 PM | Reply

Hmmmmm thanks for the info.

Yeah glad I didn't read that far when I was at work.

I can't imagine that that would fly without serious lawsuits.

Using an executive order to allow for the disposal of federal assets? No way that flies. Well, unless it goes to one of Trumps marginally competent court picks.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-23 12:37 AM | Reply

I can't imagine that that would fly without serious lawsuits.

Actually, it has been a common practice for decades, the best example of it I personally know of was the creation of the Fort Ord Reuse Authority which was set in motion by an Executive Order signed by Bill Clinton to facilitate the clean up and sale of property on the closed Fort Ord military base outside of Monterey, CA. Like FORA, when the Feds seek to sell property they set up an authority with the State that the property is located in and let the State run the authority while splitting the proceeds with the State.

Fort Ord Reuse Authority

#10 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-23 01:25 PM | Reply

I would love to read this in it's entirety. Is there a PDF someplace?

#11 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-01-23 04:41 PM | Reply

#10 | Posted by Rightocenter

Your posts are depressing.

I wonder how many people would support infrastructure upgrades by selling off national parks/monuments.

It doesn't matter. These POSes are all about $$. Nothing else means a damn thing.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-23 04:55 PM | Reply

In the past those who've tried to subvert national parks and forests have met fierce resistance from the locals.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-23 05:00 PM | Reply