Monday, January 22, 2018

A former Trump campaign worker appointed at age 23 to a top position in the White House's drug policy office had been let go from a job at a law firm because he repeatedly missed work, a partner at the firm said. While in college, late in 2014 or early in 2015, Taylor Weyeneth began working as a legal assistant at the New York firm O'Dwyer & Bernstien. ... In a résumé initially submitted to the government, Weyeneth said he worked at the firm until April 2016. When an FBI official called as part of a background check in January 2017, the firm said Weyeneth had left eight months earlier than the résumé indicated, O'Dwyer said. ... On his résumés, Weyeneth revised dates relating to job assignments, and he cut the number of hours he claimed he had volunteered at a monastery in Queens while at St. Johns from 275 to 150. A third résumé, provided by the White House, does not mention volunteer work at the monastery.

Comments

That's why he was hired, he's not afraid to lie.

#1 | Posted by bat4255 at 2018-01-22 11:01 AM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

He's got all the best people to run things. What a joke.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-22 11:01 AM | Reply

This administration will be known as the frat boy administration. If you are from the right fraternity you're hired! You don't need to have experience, knowledge or even a decent record of showing up for work, just be a member of the right frat. Confirms the beliefs I've held about fraternities and sororities my entire life. Should be just called the "Good old boys clubs." I've never had an ounce of respect for them.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-22 11:04 AM | Reply

You'd think with a 24 year old in charge of drug policy they would be loosening the federal grip on marijuana; not tightening it.

#4 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-01-22 11:59 AM | Reply

Danni: that's how The Dotard got the best people--they all lied about how good they were, and Big Boss Man simply believed them. No verification necessary...

#5 | Posted by catdog at 2018-01-22 12:04 PM | Reply

I honestly believe you could get hired by Trump by handing him a piece of paper with nothing but your name and contact info and some copy/paste text from some complimentary article on Trump and say "Here's my resume. You can tell from my long list of accomplishments that I am great at everything I've ever done and will great at anything you put me on. I learned everything I know from studying Donald Trump and someday hope to be as smart, handsome, fit and great as you are."

#6 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-01-22 12:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Lying used to be seen as immoral. Now the immoral thing is to lose.

#7 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-01-22 01:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2