Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Alabama GOP Sen. Richard Shelby is confronting a fierce backlash from conservatives over his refusal to support Roy Moore in last month's special election -- with Moore backers pushing a censure resolution and robocall campaign targeting the powerful lawmaker. ... This week, three Moore supporters submitted a resolution to the Alabama Republican Party executive committee calling for Shelby to be censured. It argues that Shelby "publicly encouraged Republicans and all voters to write in a candidate instead of voting for the Republican Candidate Judge Roy Moore," and that his "public speech was then used by the Democrat Candidate in robocalls to sway voters to not vote for Judge Roy Moore."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The censure resolution is unlikely to gain traction against Shelby, an iconic figure in Alabama politics who skated to a sixth and probably final term in 2016. But it shows how a race that dominated national politics for months and badly embarrassed President Donald Trump, who gave Moore his full-throated endorsement, continues to tear at the party.

Comments

More from the linked article:

Alabama: The gift that keeps on giving.

#1 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-14 04:20 PM | Reply

bizzare pockets of Haggee followers.
mb their messianic jewish friends can help them out.
but these are vile ppl. just a few hours ago i evacuated my restaruant booth for another rather quickly when i had just been seated and the 80 year olds (1 man 2 women) behind me were saying:
The government takes in all this money
And what do they do with it
They put people in hotels
... California .... got a liberal out there
gd liberals

--i might have pointed out before i left that if their house were to blow away or your ---- blows up...we'll put you in a hotel, too. or maybe just a simple "medicare much?" ...but i was tired and hungry and they'll be dead before i.

#2 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-14 05:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They'll be dead before I.

Careful my friend.lol.

#3 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-01-14 05:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Shelby is a Statesman.

Moore is a Moron.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-14 05:43 PM | Reply

"It's stunningly dumb," the article says about the censure effort. That pretty much describes the R party that supported Moore.

#5 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2018-01-14 07:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#2 | Posted by ichiro

I am surrounded by people like this most of the time. Not all, but there are so many that sound just like that it isn't funny both at work and family.

I had enough at Christmas and nicely shut up my 85 year-old aunt over Christmas by pointing out the fallacy in her statements by bringing up facts from reliable sources for her. She did get more than a little upset when I ended up telling her that Fox just fills her head with fear and misinformation in their entertainment. She tried to tell me those were "news" programs and I showed her information that even Fox didn't label them news. She got real quiet. I am not her favorite nephew at the moment.

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2018-01-14 07:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#3 thanks
there's way more me's behind me than ..... them's.

#7 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-14 09:23 PM | Reply

I've had similar battles with relatives who now do not even speak to me. Honestly, I don't miss them. I don't tolerate hateful morons well.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-16 09:56 AM | Reply

Pish-Posh

these responsible, ethical and moral leaders of Alabama Values simply are trying to protect their child sex tourist industry.

you people just hate America.

sincerely

jeffjberlytoecentrefish

#9 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-01-16 10:59 AM | Reply

If the South ever tries to leave the Union again, just let'm go.

#10 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2018-01-16 11:52 AM | Reply

Moore is a creep. He even scared the bejeebes out of the Republicans and horse lover all over the country.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-16 12:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Who would Jesus spite? Who would Jesus smite? When I asked him last night during prayer, he said 'Richard Shelby. Now do my will and unleash your hateful throng against him!'
--Roy Moore, recounting his wet dream

#12 | Posted by catdog at 2018-01-16 12:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"--Roy Moore, recounting his wet dream" - #12 | Posted by catdog at 2018-01-16 12:12 PM

You forgot the part of the wet dream where Moore and Jesus went cruising for girls at the Gadsden Mall food court.

#13 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-16 12:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"When I asked him last night during prayer, he said 'Richard Shelby. Now do my will and unleash your hateful throng against him!'"

Oh Good Grief. Another nutcase that hears voices in his head.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-16 12:40 PM | Reply

Oh Good Grief. Another nutcase that hears voices in his head.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac

Humans have been hearing voices in their heads for thousands of years.

But, to believe they are coming from supernatural beings in an alternate dimension then they are definitely losing contact with reality and need to be watched closely.

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-16 01:27 PM | Reply

DONNERBOY

I've always wondered if that voice is who they think it is.

And isn't "hearing voices" one of the first question a psychiatrist asks?

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-16 01:49 PM | Reply

Somebody please tell me what this person is saying.
Thank you.

#17 | Posted by paltroon1 at 2018-01-16 01:59 PM | Reply

There's a couple of coots that live up the street from me that are the same way. Impossible to talk sense to them, so I just ignore them.

#18 | Posted by paltroon1 at 2018-01-16 02:01 PM | Reply

I've always wondered if that voice is who they think it is.

And isn't "hearing voices" one of the first question a psychiatrist asks?

#16 | Posted by Twinpac

We all have "2 brains".

IN the past our 2 brains worked quite differently. When you realize that at some point we were NOT Conscious and our Consciousness evolved from that point (no consciousness) to today you will understand that humans in the past did not have a Consciousness remotely like ours (and even today it is still evolving).

For some real good insight on this I highly recommend The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind Paperback – August 15, 2000
by Julian Jaynes
He starts off with an excellent discussion of what Consciousness is NOT as we don't even understand today what actually Consciousness is.

Julian Jaynes
American psychologist
Julian Jaynes was an American psychologist, best known for his book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, in which he argued that ancient peoples were not conscious. Wikipedia
Born: February 27, 1920, West Newton, MA
Died: November 21, 1997, Charlottetown, Canada
Education: Yale University, McGill University, Harvard University
Nominations: National Book Award for Contemporary Thought

www.amazon.com

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-16 04:48 PM | Reply

DONNERBOY

Or maybe Moore is just nuckin' futz.

#20 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-16 11:09 PM | Reply

Mysteriously lacking posts from right wing lunatics. Is Roy Moore a bridge too far? Or, are they just ashamed to admit they are his supporters and agree with everything that lunatic says?

#21 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-17 08:26 AM | Reply