Monday, January 15, 2018

Let's go to the tape. Again and again. President Donald Trump on Sunday misquoted himself in a tweet complaining about how he had supposedly been misquoted in a scrutinized Wall Street Journal interview. The Journal soon released audio of the interview to prove the president said what it reported, and the White House followed up minutes later with a seemingly identical recording trying to prove the Journal wrong. "The Wall Street Journal stated falsely that I said to them 'I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un' (of N. Korea). Obviously I didn't say that. I said 'I'd have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un,' a big difference. Fortunately we now record conversations with reporters ... ... and they knew exactly what I said and meant. They just wanted a story. FAKE NEWS!" he wrote over two tweets. Within minutes, the Journal released audio from the interview that seemed to clearly show Trump's comment had been reported right the first time.

Comments

Here's the audio: www.wsj.com

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2018-01-14 02:18 PM | Reply

Hold Trump to what he said? Unacceptable! MAGA!

ROTFLMFAO

#2 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2018-01-14 02:19 PM | Reply

Yet another opportunity to play the Official Trump Presidential Theme Song (tm)

www.youtube.com

#3 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-14 02:22 PM | Reply

Lol

#4 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2018-01-14 04:09 PM | Reply

I was LMAO when I heard about this. And there he is on tape saying it. What a MORON or is it Alzheimer's? How can you possibly work in the White House and have an ounce of moral character at this point?

#5 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2018-01-14 07:13 PM | Reply

"Here's the audio: www.wsj.com"

Fake News!!!

-Trumpers

#6 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-01-14 08:17 PM | Reply

I wonder how long it took Mueller to request the White House hands over any recordings they have made after the White House response?

#7 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-01-15 12:32 AM | Reply

JOHNNY HOTSAUCE

I'm just curious. Why do you think Mueller would be intereted?

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-15 02:28 AM | Reply

Mueller would be interested for the same reason Watergate investigators were interested when they learned Nixon had recordings.
Remember when the Trump-Comey he said/he said and then Trump hinted at the idea that there may be a record of the conversation and Comey's response was "Lordy, I hope are tapes"?
If Mueller is investigating obstruction then such a recording would be crucial in verifying whose account is correct.

#9 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-01-15 10:44 PM | Reply

The worst part is that his supporters will believe that he never said it because he said he never said it. Reality does not interfere with their worship of the Trump.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-16 09:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

He is by far the biggest embarrassment to disgrace the office of POTUS.

#11 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-16 09:06 AM | Reply

Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?

From Duck soup to the Donald

#12 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-01-16 09:11 AM | Reply

HATTER

Donald Duck?

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-16 03:37 PM | Reply

HATTER
Donald Duck?

#13 | POSTED BY TWINPAC AT 2018-01-16 03:37 PM | REPLY |

Marx Brothers Duck Soup

www.rottentomatoes.com

#14 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-01-16 03:53 PM | Reply

I'm not a Donald Trump apologist at all, how many of you listened to the recording? I very clearly heard him say "I'd". He then said "I would... I have relationships..." and the quote doesn't pick show "I would". I think the following "I would" suggests he was thinking about having just said "I'd".

#15 | Posted by LEgregius at 2018-01-16 05:21 PM | Reply

Some say... You only hear what you want to.

Your brain added the d

#16 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-01-16 05:35 PM | Reply

Breaking : Haitis high court has just decided to unseal documents pertaining to Baby Doc Duvaliers money laundering through Trump tower ! Karmas a bitch

#17 | Posted by ghoti at 2018-01-16 06:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The routine is getting old.

#18 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-01-17 06:47 AM | Reply