Friday, January 12, 2018

President Donald Trump continued to insult and criticize Haiti and African nations while denying he called them "---hole countries" during a meeting with lawmakers on Thursday. ... Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) confirmed Trump made derogatory remarks during the Thursday meeting, calling his comments "hate-filled, vile and racist." "I've seen the comments in the press," Durbin said. "I've not read one of them that's inaccurate." ... "Why are we having all these people from ---hole countries come here?" Trump asked, before suggesting the U.S. should welcome more immigrants from countries like Norway, according to people in the room.

Comments

Great.

Now we have Fake Senators supporting the failing Fake News!

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-12 01:39 PM | Reply

Of course Trump made the "-------- countries" statement. Does anyone honestly doubt it? The man says what he means. At least that's what his supporters always claim.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-01-12 02:07 PM | Reply

It seems Trump has transfixed most of humanity. What a payoff for the attention whore from hell.

#3 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-01-12 02:15 PM | Reply

Manu Raju @mkraju

So for those keeping track of those who were in Trump mtg:
Durbin: Trump said "--------" countries
Graham: publicly silent, but confirmed comments to Tim Scott
McCarthy: Silent
Goodlatte: Silent
Diaz-Balart: Skirts comments in stmt
Cotton: Does not recall
Perdue: Does not recall

#4 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-12 02:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Loss of short-term memory doesn't faze drooling GOP sycophants.

#5 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2018-01-12 02:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If anybody who was there, says they 'dont recall', they are lying.

Period and exclamation point.

Lying Donnie Two Scoops and his Republican enablers are lying liars.

Trump and the Republican Party are the same entity.

This should be a very interesting mid term election.

#6 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-12 03:03 PM | Reply

Here is Sen. Lindsey Graham a few minutes ago, speaking about Trump's racist comments yesterday:

"The American people will ultimately judge us on the outcome we achieve, not the process which led to it."

Try going back 80 years and substituting "German people" for "American people" in that sentence.

#7 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2018-01-12 03:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Cotton: Does not recall
Perdue: Does not recall

#4 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

If they can't remember, they are obviously have memory problems and need to leave Congress.

#8 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-01-12 04:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Too bad Durbin can't release the transcripts.

#9 | Posted by chuffy at 2018-01-12 04:33 PM | Reply

Oh lordy, I hope there are tapes.

#10 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2018-01-12 04:34 PM | Reply

Pulled that charge out of lower rear orifice.

#12 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-12 05:51 PM | Reply

You know that's not true because Durbin isn't a Republican.

#13 | Posted by chuffy at 2018-01-12 06:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

The real scandal is the Lying Liars who were in the room when the ---- hole talk went down.and and who answered "I don't recall" when asked if Trump said it. Really? You don't Recall? The meeting was yesterday. Not recalling the POTUS calling other countries ---- Holes in an Oval Office Official meeting, seems like a highly unlikely event to forget; seems like it would be an event which would be memorable, for longer that 24 hours. But you, Senator Cotton, you don't recall? Really? Don't recall? That is a big fat lie. You recall very well. Lindsey Graham recalled. Dick Durbin recalled.The meeting was yesterday. You remember them both being there, right Senator Cotton? Cotton is too cowardly to admit the truth, to stupid to just say "no comment", and too crooked to choose to do anything but lie to the public, just like Trump. This really makes Jeff Sessions "I don't recall meeting all those Russians" answer appear more likely to be a bald faced lie too, doesn't it? Casual, blatant, obvious lies based on the old , obviously phony, "I don't recall" cheapens that response as a legit believable answer. I believe the Trumpification of the Republican Party is now complete. Trump is the Republican Party, and the Republican Party is the Party of Donald Trump.

#14 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 12:08 AM | Reply

What happened to the disdain for political correctness? Man Up Trump! Don't be a coward and hide behind a denial or wordsmithing!

#15 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2018-01-13 05:32 AM | Reply

@#14 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 12:08 AM
Sorry to draw away from your rant here, but they were asked to prove something didn't happen.
Let's say you were at a meeting where someone was accused doing something that you didn't see or hear them do. When questioned about it, do you state with absolute certainty that it didn't happen, or do you state that you didn't see/hear it happen?

That's what their claims are. They can't say positively that he didn't make the statement, but they didn't witness any such actions, so don't recall it happening. They aren't claiming that they don't remember the activities of the meeting.

#16 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 10:28 AM | Reply

"so don't recall it happening. They aren't claiming that they don't remember the activities of the meeting."

Nice try but recall is synonymous with remember:

re·call
VERB
bring (a fact, event, or situation) back into one's mind, especially so as to recount it to others; remember:
"I can still vaguely recall being taken to the hospital" · [more]
synonyms: remember · recollect · call to mind · think back on/to · [more]

"They can't say positively that he didn't make the statement, but they didn't witness any such actions"

Then they should say, we didn't hear him make that statement.

#17 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 10:42 AM | Reply

PS It's not believable that they would not recall/remember Trump saying s$ithole the day before, especially if Graham made his feelings known about the usage, as he claims he did. Either they weren't there when the conversation happened, or they are lying.

#18 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 10:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Gal, I don't recall reading a racist statement from you yesterday.
That's not the same as 'I may have heard it and don't remember'.

#19 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 10:59 AM | Reply

"Gal, I don't recall reading a racist statement from you yesterday.
That's not the same as 'I may have heard it and don't remember'."

Again, nice try, but no cigar. See my post #18.

#20 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 11:07 AM | Reply

President Donald Trump offered a partial denial in public but privately defended his extraordinary remarks disparaging Haitians and African countries.

www.msn.com

#21 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 11:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The smell of my own farts is truly a scent to behold. Do you dispute this? By the universal declaration of my pigeon-toed orange peel, I say yes.

--Avigdore Spartacus, Ph.D. Goatery (Oxon)

#22 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-13 11:18 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Success is like a fart - only your own smells nice." James P Hogan

#23 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 12:01 PM | Reply

Either they weren't there when the conversation happened, or they are lying, or it didn't take place.

#24 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 12:02 PM | Reply

Comrade Avigdore, These D-Bags are professional Communicators. If they were not there, they would have been eager to say that directly.

They lied and said in effect, that what the BLOTUS said was not memorable. They admitted to being unable to recall a hugely memorable hate statement, uttered by BLOTUS.

Please dont demean yourself by carrying their water here and admit to accepting their lies. If you are really that intentionally obtuse, none of your future posts will have a shred of credibility.

They lied to cover up Trump's pile of verbal fecal matter. And you ought to be clever enough to understand that.

Anytime these Lying liars try to play the "I dont recall" card in the future, the claim should be viewed through the lense of these obvious lies.

#25 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 12:55 PM | Reply

OWS, I absolutely understand what you're saying and the perspective from which you are saying it. I feel confidant that Trump both said what he is accused of saying and didn't have the awareness to expect anyone to have a problem with it.

That being said, it is not right to call someone a liar (these Senators) with a disputed statement that they claim not to have witnessed. Regardless of our opinions, regardless of the likelihood that President Trump did call those countries ---------, there are still 3 options of which we can't prove: He said it where they could hear (they'd be liars), he said it where they couldn't hear (they said nothing wrong), or he didn't say it(they said nothing wrong. Yes, they are professional communicators. If they say 'No, Trump didn't say that', but he did outside of their awareness and a tape shows up, they would be crucified, and you know it. They allowed that he may have said it, but claim to have not witnessed it. If you want to call their wording weasel-y, that's certainly true, but to call it a lie is an unproven claim.

#26 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 01:16 PM | Reply

Nice try there. They weren't asked to prove something didn't happen, they were asked if they heard him say something that someone else confirmed. If I'm in a room with a bunch of people, and someone says something, I can say, "Yes, he said that." I can also say, "No, he did not say that." Nobody is asking you to make up stories, or words, so there's no "You can't prove a negative," going on here. "I don't recall," is certainly a possibility...especially if you weren't paying attention in the meeting. "I don't recall" means: covering for someone (where my money is, given the histories of Russiapublicans), they have terrible memories, they didn't notice the comment because they, too, are racist POS's or they weren't paying attention in the meeting at all. None of those possibilities would surprise me.

#27 | Posted by chuffy at 2018-01-13 01:28 PM | Reply

2 other Republicans present confirmed that is "basically what he said." The 2 "I don't recall," Senators were not willing to call Drumpf a liar (or confirm his racist comment), and they weren't willing to call Durbin a liar (because then they would be in a tight spot, which means other people present can corroborate), so they weaseled out. This isn't rocket surgery.

#28 | Posted by chuffy at 2018-01-13 01:42 PM | Reply

"That being said, it is not right to call someone a liar (these Senators) with a disputed statement that they claim not to have witnessed. "

The point is that is not what they said. "I didn't not hear him say that is very different" from "I don't recall him saying that."

"or it didn't take place."

Well, something took place. Graham makes it clear everyone in the room heard what Trump said and Graham's response to it;

Almost 24 hours after reports that President Donald Trump disparaged immigrants from "-------- countries," Sen. Lindsey Graham broke his public silence.

The South Carolina Republican, who was on hand Thursday for the president's remarks, released a statement Friday afternoon explaining that he "said my piece directly to (Trump).

"The president and all those attending the meeting know what I said and how I feel," Graham continued. "I've always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals."

Read more here: www.thestate.com

I stick by my point: they either weren't in the room, or they are lying. If they were in the room and didn't hear Trump's remarks, then surely they would have asked what Trump said that Graham was responding too.

#29 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 01:46 PM | Reply

Also, according to Durbin Trump used the term s$itholes more than once, so it seems even more unlikely that they didn't hear him unless they weren't in the room or really weren't paying attention. If they weren't paying attention and genuinely didn't hear him, there is no reason to say, "I don't recall." Why not tell the truth: "I didn't hear him say that." Or, "If he said that, I didn't hear him.

#30 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 01:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

'That being said, it is not right to call someone a liar (these Senators) with a disputed statement that they claim not to have witnessed.'...Avigdore

You are misrepresenting (lying about) what they said. They did not claim they did not witness it. You are making that up. That is a lie. There is nothing in the statement to support this position.

Regardless of our opinions, regardless of the likelihood that President Trump did call those countries ---------, there are still 3 options of which we can't prove:...Avigdore

I dont need to prove anything. Senator Graham and Senator Durbin, United States called the BLOTUS' denial a lie. Both agree he said it. I choose to believe them because their statement is believable and credible based upon their past statements, and and based on BLOTUS' past lies. Trump told 2,000 demonstrable lies in his first year in office. This deprives him of receiving 'benefit of doubt' when reliable sources dispute his word.

"He said it where they could hear (they'd be liars), he said it where they couldn't hear (they said nothing wrong), or he didn't say it(they said nothing wrong. Yes, they are professional communicators. If they say 'No, Trump didn't say that', but he did outside of their awareness and a tape shows up, they would be crucified, and you know it. They allowed that he may have said it, but claim to have not witnessed it."...Avigdore

No, they did not 'claim not to have witnessed it'! That is Bullcrap. Now you are lying, Avigdore. They claimed not to be able to recall it. That is a totally different statement than you pulled out of your rectum in your fanciful spin.

If you are asked what General Patton said when he left the Philippines, and say "I dont recall", you have not stated that he didnt say "I shall return". Here, you are implying that "I dont recall" means "He didnt say that in my presence" which is pure unadulterated Bullcrap.

"If you want to call their wording weasel-y, that's certainly true, but to call it a lie is an unproven claim."

Again, Bullcrap!

When your Commanding Officer lies to his crew and the public 2000 times in 1 year, and multiple respected Ships Officers tell you he said something shocking, which reflects poorly upon him, and he denies saying it, you are a fool to believe the Commander, and are a fool to believe the sycophants who were present and say "I dont recall".

You have every reason to believe the proven lying liar is, in fact, a shameless lying liar, for he has proven himself, 2,000 times, to be a shameless liar.

Trump has earned his reputation of being a shameless liar. You are a fool to believe him and a bigger fool to defend those who pretend not to recall his weak as koolaid denial, and you are a fool to pretend his word should be taken for truth, and you are a fool to believe it when cowardly sycophants who were in the room say "I dont recall".

You are every bit as weaselly as are the "I cant recall (what happened in my presence yesterday)" lying liars.

They were all in the meeting.

There were but 3 possible defensable responses:
#1...No Comment.
#2, Yes, he said that.
#3...No. he did not say that.

"I don't recall" is a lie. All your "Goatman" Tap Dancing samatic bullcrap is bullcrap.

#31 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 03:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Except if "I didn't hear him say that" is the truth, then so is "I don't recall him saying that".
You have a problem with how politicians use weasel words. Ok. But politicians always have and always will. That doesn't make them liars.

#32 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 03:30 PM | Reply

I feel confidant that Trump both said what he is accused of saying and didn't have the awareness to expect anyone to have a problem with it. - #26 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 01:16 PM
You are a fool to believe him - #31 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 03:27 PM
I never claimed to believe any of them. Stop misrepresenting what I wrote.
Someone one said : You are misrepresenting (lying about) what they said. It's true about what someone wrote as well.

'I don't recall' something happening is the equivalent to 'i don't recall witnessing something happening'. If you wrongly disagree...well, that's on you.
At least stop being a proven, in your own words cited above, liar.

#33 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 03:42 PM | Reply

Bullcrap.

#34 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 03:42 PM | Reply

Why not tell the truth: "I didn't hear him say that." Or, "If he said that, I didn't hear him. - #30 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 01:54 PM
You made up the words "I didn't hear him say that". Stop pretending they have anything to do with the quotes. - #34 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-13 03:42 PM
I was responding to Gal, which is why I used the quote that she used, not one I 'made up'.
Why are you still lying, or was it merely another mistake?

#35 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-01-13 04:22 PM | Reply

Republicans perform some rhetorical gymnastics to avoid confirming Trump's ‘-------- countries' remark

Two Republicans have issued statements directly addressing what Trump said or didn't say at the meeting, except that they said they couldn't attest to it. Staunch Trump allies Sens. David Perdue (R-Ga.) and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said in a joint statement that they simply couldn't remember Trump saying such a thing -- "specifically," at least.

"In regards to Senator [Dick] Durbin's accusation," they said, referring to the Democratic senator who was present and confirmed Trump's comments Friday morning, "we do not recall the president saying these comments specifically."

It was as if they were on the witness stand and wanted to issue as narrow a denial as possible. What wasn't clear was how they might have missed such a comment. Durbin, after all, said Trump made it repeatedly and that, at one point, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) confronted him about it.

www.washingtonpost.com

#36 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 04:33 PM | Reply

"It was as if they were on the witness stand and wanted to issue as narrow a denial as possible."

Gee, you'd almost think one or both of them are lawyers. Turns out Cotton is: Education: Harvard Law School (2002), Harvard College (1998), Harvard University

#37 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 04:37 PM | Reply

Tom Brokaw‏ @tombrokaw

sens cotton and perdue "can't recall" potus using "s... hole" language.
fellow gop sen graham and others have sharper memories and better hearing.
sen cotton and perdue - costco hs a good deal on hearing aids.
just sayin....
6:50 AM - 13 Jan 2018

#38 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 04:39 PM | Reply

When Can I Say 'I Don't Recall' in Testimony?

When a person testifies in court or at a deposition, rules of evidence require that they have personal knowledge of the facts or testimony. Unlike saying "I don't know," which affirmatively states a lack of any knowledge, not recalling something implies that you may or may not have ever known anything, but as you sit there, you are unable to call forth a specific recollection. You may know, you just don't remember at the moment. Not recalling something presently allows a witness the opportunity to recall it later.

blogs.findlaw.com

Too bad this isn't a court of law because a good lawyer could ask Cotton and Perdue whether Scott's and Graham's comments have refreshed their memories.

#39 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-13 04:45 PM | Reply

What's hare filled about identifying a S***Hole as a S***Hole? We give them money specifically because they ARE S***Holes. If they are not then cut off the money.

#40 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2018-01-13 08:12 PM | Reply

hate...

#41 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2018-01-13 08:20 PM | Reply

In case you missed the point, "--------" is not a typical diplomatic term used when referring to other countries by a head of state.

#42 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-13 08:24 PM | Reply

I had the misfortune of being deployed to some of the countries Trump refereed to as $**tholes. He was accurate in his description. The truth, Port-a-Prince is the largest city on earth without a sewage system. The earthquake was nine years ago and people are still living in tents. The Clintons and their buddies looted billions of aide from Haiti. Haiti has one of the highest murder rates in the world.(Never go there without a gun unless being kidnapped is your desire). Corruption is open and difficult to believe the degree it operates. Foreign aid is the number one source of income for that country. Biggest contrast, on the same island, the Dominican Republic is a center of tourism, same people, same resources, and different results. There is a reason people risk their lives to escape that country. I saw illnesses that most westerners only read about in text books. So do tell me, what is your definition of a sh**hole. We called it the fourth world, a place where the third world gave up.

#43 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-14 09:42 AM | Reply

When you arrive at the airport in Port-a-prince, there are body guards for hire for 5 dollars a day armed with 12 gauge shot guns. Where else in the world can you see that?

#44 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-14 10:52 AM | Reply

Well so much for being able to negotiate in good faith with Democrats.

#45 | Posted by visitor_ at 2018-01-14 01:23 PM | Reply

Washington (CNN)Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue said Sunday that President Donald Trump did not use the phrase "-------- countries" during a meeting with lawmakers on immigration reform last week.
"I'm telling you he did not use that word, George, and I'm telling you it's a gross misrepresentation," Perdue told moderator George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week."

#46 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-01-14 01:29 PM | Reply

This morning, a number of Republicans who were in the immigration meeting in which President Donald Trump reportedly called Haiti and African nations "-------- countries" appeared on Sunday shows to state that they didn't recall Trump saying that.

One conservative writer, however, thinks this is pretty weird considering that he's been told Trump was boasting to his friends about those very comments.

In a tweet sent earlier today, Erick Erickson noted that he spoke to one of the president's friends who said Trump called him up to brag about the remarks because he felt it would play well with his base.

www.mediaite.com

#47 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-01-14 01:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"...Erick Erickson noted that he spoke to one of the president's friends who said Trump called him up to brag about the remarks because he felt it would play well with his base." - #47 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-01-14 01:37 PM

The reality is that the probability factor that President IQ45 actually said that phrase, based entirely on his history of other outrageous comments and Tweets, is extremely high.

#48 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-14 02:01 PM | Reply

Dolt 45 was spot on about how his racist remark would play with his base.

Infamous neo-Nazi website praises Trump's racist remarks
The Nazis think Trump is 'more or less on the same page as us'.

thinkprogress.org

#49 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-01-14 02:08 PM | Reply

This story will go no where, because it will draw attention to the actions of the Clintons in Haiti. Ask a Haitian what they think about what the Clintons did to their country when they needed help the most.

#50 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-14 02:13 PM | Reply

"This story will go no where, because it will draw attention to the actions of the Clintons in Haiti." - #50 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-14 02:13 PM

1. No one associates Haiti with the Clintons, outside of a few Alex Jones followers.

2. Trump said, "Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?", plural, as in more than just Haiti.

3. The conversation continued to people already living in this country ("Why do we need more Haitians? "Take them out.").

4. Thanks to President IQ45, the phrase "S***hole Countries" now needs no explanation, fits nicely on a very readable bumper sticker, and speaks directly about his true nature.

#51 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-14 02:22 PM | Reply

Well so much for being able to negotiate in good faith with Democrats.

#45 | POSTED BY VISITOR_ AT 2018-01-14 01:23 PM | REPLY

So calling someone out for spewing racist filth in a meeting is now bad faith negotiaton? You need to get your priorities straight.

#52 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-01-14 03:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

---- hole countries I have some experience with. Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Bangladesh, a majority of India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia, All of Central America except Costa Rica and Belize, Most of Columbia and all of Venezuela. They are places that you do not want to go. They are places where you are not safe. They are poor, lawless and the guys with guns rule. So corrupt, no amount of assistance will improve to lot of the common citizen. These are places where desperation and hopelessness rule. That is about 25% the population of this planet. Consider yourself fortunate that you can so fearlessly criticize that damn Yankee. Most people have to think twice saying anything negative about someone with power. ---- holes have nothing to do with race, they are human creations. All races have them, places where government is the problem. People world wide actually do pretty well if left to their own devices unless there is something extremely wrong, like a historic drought. As far as rude, racist and insensitive remarks, LBJ makes Trump look like a alter boy. As far as being racist, He would have to attend Klan meetings every Friday night to approach the level of Woodrow Wilson's racism. All this hysterical offense about an individual who is known to shoot his Yankee mouth off seems a little like fainting couch and smelling salts drama.

#53 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-15 10:26 AM | Reply

Donald Trump is a bad man who should not be president. His racism is the least of it.

#54 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-15 10:50 AM | Reply

#54 | Posted by Zed, All men with power are bad men. The more power, the worse they are. Maybe instead of whining about how terrible Trump is, you actually do something. Right now through the actions of W Bush and reinforced by Obama the POTUS has the power through the Patriot act and it's amendments to detain, imprison, or kill without any due process. Limiting the Damn Yankee's power by repealing the Patriot Act might be a good ideal.

#55 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-15 11:01 AM | Reply

I thought twice about continuing to diss Trump in this forum. I continue to do so not because he isn't willing to punish me but because I'm not w weenie. Paul Ryan is a weenie, not me.

#56 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-15 11:01 AM | Reply

I'm active politically, and while everyone has faults you have to commit to being bad.

#57 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-15 11:06 AM | Reply

"As far as rude, racist and insensitive remarks, LBJ makes Trump look like a alter boy. As far as being racist, He would have to attend Klan meetings every Friday night to approach the level of Woodrow Wilson's racism. All this hysterical offense about an individual who is known to shoot his Yankee mouth off seems a little like fainting couch and smelling salts drama."

Except he does it in 2018. Context matters.

#58 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-15 11:07 AM | Reply

#58 | Posted by danni Do you really believe that we are better people than we were 50 or 100 years ago? Have any evidence of this great progress?

#59 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-15 11:26 AM | Reply

"Have any evidence of this great progress?"

No racial segregation, gays can marry and are increasingly accepted, women can vote and hold office, etc.

#60 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-01-15 11:41 AM | Reply

#60 | Posted by DirkStruan, For every step forward we have taken two back. We are now more coarse, rude, self absorbed, less social, immoral and lazy. Progress in law does not always extend to culture. The worst thing about millennials is the vast majority do not give a tinkers damn about anything but their own comfort and entertainment. To your horror you might realize they are also the most conservative generation in seventy years. They don't seem to like government or government programs, and taxes even less.

#61 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-15 12:00 PM | Reply

Leave it to you to counter tangible, measurable marks of progress with fuzzy-headed vagueries. I think you will find a corresponding increasing cultural acceptance of women, minorities, and the LGBT community that corresponds to their legal empowerment, the backlash from regressives like you notwithstanding. And if anything, I think the current generation shows more social awareness, more environmental awareness, etc. than the previous one.

#62 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-01-15 12:05 PM | Reply

"To your horror you might realize they are also the most conservative generation in seventy years." - #61 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-15 12:00 PM

New poll of millennial voters shows clear shift toward Democrats, away from Trump
Oops.
The Millennials Are Moving Left
And oops, again.

Perhaps you might want to do a little research before making a fool of yourself.

You're welcome.

#63 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-15 12:16 PM | Reply

#63 | Posted by Han , Are these the same pollsters that so accurately predicted the results of the last election? One sample does not indicate a trend. Three or more over a period of a couple of years might indicate that, but not one. But I would believe that would eventually be the case, the left is usually spineless and value free. Accountability and responsibility seem to be kriptonite to this generation and leftist both with a tremendous sense of entitlement. What a bummer when y'all find out the big bad world don't owe you a damn thing. Your feelings don't matter and life is not fair and never will be. Your Utopia is just a new set of chains decorated with flowers. The more you submit, the less free you are.

#64 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-01-15 01:03 PM | Reply