Thursday, January 11, 2018

Controversial former Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Wednesday called former President Barack Obama's birth certificate a "phony document" in an interview on CNN.

"No doubt about it, we have the evidence, I'm not going to go into all the details, yeah, it's a phony document," Arpaio said on "Cuomo Primetime."

Arpaio announced Tuesday that he is running for the Arizona US Senate seat currently occupied by Sen. Jeff Flake, who is retiring from Congress at the end of his term.

Arpaio has touted "birtherism" in the past, and, when speaking to CNN's Chris Cuomo on Wednesday evening, said he has proof that Obama's birth certificate is fake. "

We have the evidence, nobody will talk about it, nobody will look at it, and anytime you want to come down or anybody we'll be glad to show you the evidence," Arpaio said.

Cuomo pressed Arpaio again on the topic: "So you believe that President Obama's birth certificate is a phony?"

"No doubt about it," Arpaio said.

Comments

Says the convicted felon...

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-11 01:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The birth certificate Obama released online was clearly a false document.

That doesn't change the fact that he was born in Hawaii and best evidence supports this.

Regardless, Arpaio is a POS and I don't take him seriously.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:32 PM | Reply

www.snopes.com

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-11 01:34 PM | Reply

The birth certificate Obama released online was clearly a false document.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:32 PM |

Clearly?

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-11 01:35 PM | Reply

Even if he believes this crap, Obama is no longer president and never will be again. Nothing like beating a dead fake horse into the ground.

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-11 01:35 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-11 01:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01

Yes. Like his Birth Certificate.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-11 01:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Joe Arpaio is a racist. This isn't anything new.

The question is. Do people from Arizona want a racist moron, with no other qualifications, to represent them in the senate?

Unfortunately. I believe they do.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-01-11 01:39 PM | Reply

Zed,

I think he did it to troll his birther opponents. Seriously. The MSM didn't scrutinize the document because the whole issue was (and is) stupid. I did however see an analysis of it and it very clearly is a forgery; a clumsy one at that.

I think his actual, hard-copy birth certificate was accidentally lost decades ago.

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The birth certificate Obama released online was clearly a false document." - #2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:32 PM

Over 60 years ago I was born at Emory Hospital in Atlanta Georgia.

A few years back I needed a certified copy and was provided a computer-generated copy by the State of Georgie for a nominal fee.

Barack Obama's Certificate of Live Birth, issued by the State of Hawaii, is as genuine as mine issued by the State of Georgia.

There is nothing false, clearly or otherwise, about either document.

#10 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-11 01:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Zed,
#9 | Posted by JeffJ

Link?

#11 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-01-11 01:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Obama is no longer president and never will be again.

Doesn't mean Joe can't beat the drums of racism.

He knows his constituents.

They're all a bunch of pos racists. Just like him.

#12 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-01-11 01:44 PM | Reply

" I did however see an analysis of it and it very clearly is a forgery; a clumsy one at that." - #9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:39 PM

Care to provide a link to that "analysis"?

#13 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-11 01:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Care to provide a link to that "analysis"?

#13 | POSTED BY HANS

Sure, if I can find it. This was years ago and whether it was a forgery or not, it didn't change the fact that he was born in Hawaii.

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:50 PM | Reply

#3 bravo. You managed to speak out of all three sides of your mouth with one post! 👏🏻👏🏻🤜🏻🤛🏻

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-11 01:52 PM | Reply

Hans,

This wasn't the source I saw at the time, but it does provide forensic analysis.

Regardless, the whole birther issue is stupid and so is Joe Arpaio.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:57 PM | Reply

"Sure, if I can find it." - #14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:50 PM

Thanks, JeffJ.

"This was years ago and whether it was a forgery or not, it didn't change the fact that he was born in Hawaii."

Which makes a claim of a "clumsy" "forgery" hollow.

There's a reason why, in my #10, I highlighted the phrase "computer-generated copy".

The "analysis" I remember seeing, supposedly "proving" that Obama's Certificate of Live Birth was fake, droned on and on about fonts used (that weren't available in the early 1960s), and Adobe Photoshop/Acrobat "layers."

As if reproducing a copy with today's technology negates it.

"Why would anyone as smart as Obama and commanding his resources ever have to publicize a clearly false document?" - #6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-11 01:35 PM
And have the State of Hawaii state that it was not false.

Occam's razor.

#17 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-11 02:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Easily debunked by Snopes at the link in #3.

#18 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-11 02:03 PM | Reply

Makes sense.

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 02:04 PM | Reply

"...but it does provide forensic analysis." - #16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 01:57 PM

Not really.

The name "Jerome Corsi" alone should have alerted you that it was bogus.

Did you even look at the link, provided in #3, that demolishes that entire "forensic analysis"?

Points I made, from memory, in my #17.

#20 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-11 02:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Fair enough, Hans, and thank you.

It was the "computer generated copy" comment that caused me to go "Duh!"

#21 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 02:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 02:04 PM

Thanks, JeffJ.

I know that you and I are on opposite sides of the Obama presidency.

But, like I can easily dismiss the whole absurdity of the "Bush/Cheney were behind 9/11" conspiracy, I would hope that you wouldn't buy into something equally absurd, that Obama's Certificate of Live Birth is a "clumsy" "forgery."

Especially when you agree that the whole birther issue is stupid.

#22 | Posted by Hans at 2018-01-11 02:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hans,

I'm actually glad this thread popped up.

I would have continued believing that his birth certificate was a "clumsy forgery." I don't like having the facts wrong.

I just can't believe that when this was a story I didn't put 2 and 2 together - of COURSE a computer generated copy is going to have at least passing resemblance to a forgery. It's not as if the Obama WH claimed that what they posted was a scanned picture of the birth certificate. Like I said, "Duh!"

#23 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-11 02:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You're welcome, Jeffy... since post 3, lol.

#24 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-11 02:25 PM | Reply

Who here has actualy seen a known forged birth certificate?

I have. Turns out this woman with a false identity had a fake birth certificate from the hospital I was born in. She was a friend's roommates in college until she abruptly disappeared. Bad luck for her, and probably why she left, is that property was also one the Feds selected to randomly survey for their crime surveillance statistics.

I doubt anyone could have identified it as a forgery without a known legit copy to compare it to. It's not like these things are on a standardized form with uniform security features or anything like that. In fact the only security feature on mine is the embossed seal, and anyone can emboss anything for a tiny investment.

People who claim they can tell a given birth certificate is a forgery, when they haven't even seen a true example, are simply talking out their ass because they like the smell of their own breath.

#25 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-11 02:37 PM | Reply

"I just can't believe that when this was a story I didn't put 2 and 2 together "

HAHA

the story of your life

nonetheless, I call shenanigans on your convenient change of position. I wonder how many times in the past you have adamantly defended this notion you now try to conveniently walk away from.
Sad, sad, sad
you are as transparent as rightoecentre in your attempt to pretend you haven't been eagerly spouting this kind of -------- for years now
for years now

#26 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-01-11 02:37 PM | Reply

"I just can't believe that when this was a story I didn't put 2 and 2 together"

I can.

BTW - Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a phony Sheriff.

Just another Deplorable Fake Plastic pissant.

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-11 08:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#19.... c'mon nan.

JJ must be a Corsi freak.

#28 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-11 09:08 PM | Reply

mark me: Arpaio will be kicked to the curb, just like Roy Moore.

#29 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-11 09:35 PM | Reply

Obama must be ehausted from running around in the minds of Trump and Arpaio so much and can't wait for the pair of them to drop from propecia poisoning.

#30 | Posted by ghoti at 2018-01-12 12:07 AM | Reply

So, release his college records and a non-doctored copy of his birth certificate. That would make everyone happy.

#31 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-01-12 04:48 PM | Reply

#31 | POSTED BY SNIPER AT 2018-01-12 04:48 PM | FLAG:

He has no need to humor bigots like you.

#32 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-01-12 06:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#31 | POSTED BY SNIPER AT 2018-01-12 04:48 PM | FLAG:

Or else what? Trolls like yourself will keep bitching?

HAHAHA!

#33 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-01-12 06:37 PM | Reply

That would make everyone happy.

#31 | Posted by Sniper

You know what would make me happy?

If you and your dumbass birther bros were to pucker up and kiss my hairy lily white Mother Fracking butt.

#34 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-12 06:42 PM | Reply