Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Louisiana school board president drew criticism Wednesday for his response to a video that shows a female teacher being forcibly removed from a school board meeting after questioning the school superintendent's pay raise. The video shows middle school teacher Deyshia Hargrave being handcuffed and led out of the building Monday night. Critics have called out the teacher's removal, saying it was unnecessary. "Everybody wants to side on the poor little woman who got thrown out," Anthony Fontana, the Vermilion Parish School Board president, told WAFB in a phone interview. "Well, she made a choice. She could have walked out and nothing would have happened." Fontana said the public's reaction to the video has been swift. But he drew criticism himself for his reaction to the video.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

In the video, Hargrave makes the case that children learn in the classroom, and it is the teachers who are on the front line. She is soon led out of the meeting by a marshal, and the video cuts to show Hargrave on a hallway floor, screaming as the marshal handcuffs her hands behind her back.

Comments

"Poor little women" are expected to be silent and obedient. She couldn't do either so she got arrested. Now the "poor little woman" will cause major harm to that douche bag, my guess is he'll lose his job and his big pay raise and be unemployable in his current position. the "poor little woman" is going to kick his ass.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-11 10:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#1 I gave you a NW flag but I think I accidently hit funny. I agree with you 100%. I will add the cop was a douchebag after they exited the room.

#2 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-01-11 10:34 AM | Reply

Someone tell me how this works. You hire a cop to run security at your event and then when anyone says something you don't like you have them arrested? Sweet! I'm going to hire a cop to come to my work for my security and then when my coworkers 'get out of line' I'm going to have them arrested. Boss says something I don't like? "Get 'em outta here!!" I should have a cop follow me around all day. Next time someone cuts me off in traffic, jail time -----. Take 12 items through the 10 item lane at the grocery store? "Bag and tag 'em, Robo." Trippy.

#3 | Posted by gavaster at 2018-01-11 10:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Someone tell me how this works. You hire a cop to run security at your event and then when anyone says something you don't like you have them arrested?"

Instructional material is available from the Kremlin.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-11 11:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

For some reason I thought this was going to be another Doctor Who thread.

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-01-11 11:26 AM | Reply

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said he saw nothing on videos of Hargrave's arrest that warranted her rough treatment.

Hargrave returned to the classroom Wednesday. A local prosecutor said he won't pursue charges against her.

FROM THE ARTICLE

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-11 11:39 AM | Reply

Apparently Mr.Fontana needs to spend some time in his schools and learn what "No Comment" means.

What an A--

#7 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-11 11:51 AM | Reply

here's "how it works." pay attention.
youtu.be

#8 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-11 07:33 PM | Reply

i repeat. pay attention:
youtu.be

if you STILL don't get it, and you probably don't, ... outside... and in your knees -- then we'll see if you know "how it works."
youtu.be

#9 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-11 07:38 PM | Reply

hired cops don't have to obey the Constitution....do they.
what's the old Monty Python verse: "noone expects the Constitution!"

#10 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-11 07:42 PM | Reply

here's "how it works." pay attention.
youtu.be

#8 | Posted by ichiro

holy crap! Look at all the "suits" kicking those poor protestors

I am sure glad I don't live in that -------- country!

I don't right?

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-12 06:49 PM | Reply

here's "how it works." pay attention.
youtu.be
...
i repeat. pay attention:
youtu.be
youtu.be
...
hired cops don't have to obey the Constitution....do they.
what's the old Monty Python verse: "noone expects the Constitution!"
#8-#10 | POSTED BY ICHIRO AT 2018-01-11 07:42 PM | REPLY

Here's a link to further your obviously lacking education. en.wikipedia.org

#12 | Posted by gavaster at 2018-01-12 07:08 PM | Reply