Monday, January 08, 2018

President Donald Trump likes a good applause line on Monday touted the changes to come from the Republican tax law, requesting attendees at a Nashville, Tennessee, rally give him a standing ovation at one point. Trump said people will now be "spared" from the estate tax, which he called the "death tax," drawing a round of applause from the crowd at the American Farm Bureau Federation's convention. After the room began to applaud, Trump implored the audience to "come on, get up" and give a standing ovation. Later on in the speech, Trump also said it was a "privilege" for people to get to vote for him. "Oh are you happy you voted for me?" Trump said. "You are so lucky that I gave you that privilege."

Comments

Trump tells crowd: "get up" to give him standing ovation

Reminds me of a certain Austrian Corporal who had a funny little Hitler moustache.

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-01-08 07:09 PM | Reply

"You are so lucky that I gave you that privilege."

I almost get the impression that donald might be a bit of an egomaniac.

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-08 07:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 6

""Oh are you happy you voted for me?" Trump said. "You are so lucky that I gave you that privilege."

More like Benito Mussolini

#3 | Posted by bat4255 at 2018-01-08 07:36 PM | Reply

"Please clap."
--Jeb Bush

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-08 07:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 6

Thanks for all that #losing, Trumpvoters©

#5 | Posted by e1g1 at 2018-01-08 08:01 PM | Reply

the jerk gesture was invented for events like this.

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-08 08:06 PM | Reply

Sure. And I'd hold up a middle finger indicating that he's number one as well.

#7 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2018-01-08 08:37 PM | Reply

Nothing weird about that guy, no sir. Perfectly normal to talk that way.
*reaches for straitjacket*

#8 | Posted by cbob at 2018-01-08 10:15 PM | Reply

TOR

"the jerk gesture was invented for events like this."

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-08 10:56 PM | Reply

"I don't know how old you are TOR but in my era, the middle finger salute wasn't a jerk gesture."

Great thing about the jerking gesture is it shows hate and indifference at the same time.

Observe:

www.youtube.com

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-09 12:27 AM | Reply

you rubes just don't understand how a genius operates

#11 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-01-09 12:33 AM | Reply

If you have to ask for it, you're not doing it right.

#12 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-01-09 01:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Enough about Trump, what about the idiots that then stood up and applauded for this ego maniac?

#13 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-09 07:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What a stable genius.

#14 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-09 07:27 AM | Reply

Preacher man, don't tell me
Heaven is under the earth
I know you don't know
What life is really worth
It's not all that glitters is gold
'Alf the story has never been told
So now you see the light, eh
Stand up for your rights, come on
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
--"Get Up, Stand Up" Bob Marley and Peter Tosh

#15 | Posted by catdog at 2018-01-09 08:30 AM | Reply

That is the reason he selected that FARM community, where no president for 30 yrs have visited. He knows where he can get his applause for nothing. They will know when they pay their taxes.

#16 | Posted by material07310 at 2018-01-09 10:38 AM | Reply

Trump could brag that now none of their families would owe estate taxes. Sigh of relief from all of those who never faced inheritance taxes but are too stupid to know it.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2018-01-09 02:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The main cause of the demise of family farms is their inability to compete with factory farms that only exist because of republicans weakening environmental regulations.

#18 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-01-10 11:22 AM | Reply