Tuesday, January 09, 2018

[Donald] Trump's video appearance at the daily briefing this week got me trying to remember when, if any, was his last press conference. The Washington Post has a counter that reports that today will mark 326 days since his last one. In 2016, Trump and the RNC attacked [Hillary] Clinton for not giving a press conference in over 250 days. Trump had this to say "she is so protected. They are so protecting her. She hasn't had a news conference in, like, 250 days." If it was unacceptable for a candidate for president to go that long without a presser then I wonder what Trump world think of a President going nearly a full year without one. Maybe someone will ask him if he ever holds one.

Comments

I don't think we'll get another press conference. Remember how bizzare the last one was? The Keepers of Donald's Myth won't allow Wolff's allegations to be confirmed again on live TV.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2018-01-08 07:26 AM | Reply

Jesus, he's like really really smart you know? Don't be asking him no questions.

#2 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-08 07:57 AM | Reply

He is a coward. There is no way to see this in any other light.

#3 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-08 09:54 AM | Reply

#3 That and he has only a cursory understanding of what his administration is actually doing, no understanding of how the world works and no interest in being exposed as a fraud.

#4 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-08 10:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Good. He's incoherent when talking off the cuff.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-08 10:40 AM | Reply

He's on a mission to break W's record.

#6 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-01-08 11:34 AM | Reply

Good. He's incoherent when talking off the cuff.

#5 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

And you are fine with hiding his incoherence. If you cared for your country, you would not be cheering his decision to hide away from legit questions.

A Ball Washer is more than just a piece golf course equipment, Jeff.

Take a glance in your mirror and see what I mean.

#7 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-01-08 11:53 AM | Reply

OWS,

He should hold press conferences periodically for the very reasons you cite. I was commenting that press conferences with Trump will be brutal because Trump.

#8 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-08 11:57 AM | Reply

Of course he hasn't, his handlers are smart enough to know he'll look like a demented ass giving a press conference.

Which doesn't speak well for those who clearly know he's unstable but prop him up anyway.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-08 12:31 PM | Reply

The media should get on him about this. Play to his fragile ego by pointing out that his 1 presser is the worst among recent past Presidents.

Obama: 7
George W Bush: 4
Bill Clinton: 11
George H. W. Bush: 27
Ronald Reagan: 6
Jimmy Carter: 22
Gerald Ford (who only served from August to December in his first year as president): 4
Richard Nixon: 6

#10 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-01-08 02:05 PM | Reply

Note: those numbers are only from their first years in office.

#11 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-01-08 02:33 PM | Reply

What happened to the guy who used to call up CNN and MSNBC during the campaign and talk and talk and talk? Everyone criticized Hillary for not doing the same thing, claiming he was accessible and she wasn't. Uh-huh.

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-01-08 03:18 PM | Reply

Good. He's incoherent when talking off the cuff.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ

Because he is such a "stable genius" I assume.

He says what is on his mind with no apparent filter and all I can think is "Dear God, I do NOT want to be inside his head.

Definitely do NOT let teenage girls play in there.

Listening to the Dotard try to speak and finish a coherent sentence is like dragging your fingernails across a chalk board.

Very painful.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-01-08 06:27 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Aren't you proud for having helped elect him?

#14 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-01-09 09:20 AM | Reply

There will never be another one. He is so far removed from what is happening (his 3 hour morning tweet sessions with Fox News in his robe), he could not answer any questions.

#15 | Posted by Bubba10 at 2018-01-09 09:55 AM | Reply

Aren't you proud for having helped elect him?

#14 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

I didn't vote for him, so I didn't help elect him.

Also, I thought (and still believe) that Hillary would have been every bit as bad, if not worse, but for completely different reasons.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-09 10:09 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

I was only in elementary school at the time so I don't remember it clearly, but wow - George HW Bush - 27 pressers in the first year? What the heck was going on? The Gulf War was toward the end of his term, wasn't it?

#17 | Posted by dylanfan at 2018-01-09 01:21 PM | Reply

#17. DylanFan:

George H.W. Bush: President from January 20, 1989 to January 20, 1993
Gulf War: 2 August 1990 to 28 February 1991

My USAR Combat Engineering Unit was mobilized for three days, but Operation Desert Shield ended on 17 January, 1991 and put the kibosh on that. President Bush was on TV quite a bit.

#18 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-09 02:00 PM | Reply

#18- Thanks for the explanation. I knew the Gulf War was in the early 90s, but I didn't remember how early and how that correlated to GHWB.

Also, thanks for your service. :-)

#19 | Posted by dylanfan at 2018-01-09 07:48 PM | Reply

I joined the Reserve on my 17th birthday and was low man on the totem pole for quite a while. There wasn't much to do at the unit with my MOS, so I mainly drained the water from the diesel engines on the equipment, cleaned the restrooms, did KP, manned equipment cages, and occasionally did my MOS...power generation equipment repairer. Without being facetious, I'm without a doubt the most insignificant person with any military experience here.

#20 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-09 07:59 PM | Reply

You sure? I have a DD-214, but I never actually joined the military. That's got to be a special level of inconsequential!

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-01-09 08:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 1