Friday, January 05, 2018

An insane New Year's Eve brawl broke out on the Upper East Side after a drunk and impatient millionaire NFL heiress allegedly started making anti-Semitic remarks at the coat check of a Manhattan restaurant. It is claimed she then attacked a man with a designer glass purse after the row spilled out onto the street. According to a report in New York's Daily News, which has video of the on-street fight, an argument broke out after Jacqueline Kent Cooke, the daughter of late Washington Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke, got impatient while collecting her belongings at the coat check at Caravaggio, a restaurant on East 74th Street.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

She allegedly said, "Hurry up, Jew," to the person in front of her, Matthew Haberkorn, a 52-year-old lawyer from the San Francisco Bay Area. ...

As the situation escalated, Cooke's boyfriend allegedly chimed in with his own offensive remark, telling Haberkorn's daughters, who were with the party, "Happy bat mitzvah, girls," according to [his wife Linda] Thomas and Haberkorn.

Comments

I guess it's a good thing these cornerstones of society will have tax free inheritances to fall back on when their do gooding gets old.

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-05 03:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

New York "class" on display here

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-01-05 03:12 PM | Reply

The daughter of the owner of the "Redskins", called a man a "Jew".

There's a joke in there...

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-01-05 03:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Where is Madbomber to explain why this trash is better than the rest of us because she won the ovarian lottery.

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-01-05 03:15 PM | Reply

Where is Madbomber

He's busy spitting on poor people and telling them how much better their lives are than Hondurans.

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-01-05 03:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

In what world is this an insult?

Can one of the resident DR nazi defenders shed some light on this one?

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2018-01-05 03:22 PM | Reply

#6 - In the world that surrounded those people at that spot on that night. In the context of his girlfriends remarks, not knowing the age of the girls (around 13?), it can be construed as an insult

#7 | Posted by hoser at 2018-01-05 04:32 PM | Reply

"Hurry up Jew"?

They decide to be open anti-semites and that's the crap they go with?

It's not intimidating it's not funny and it's dumb just......dumb.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-06 02:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Per the article...

Haberkorn said he didn't know who his assailant was at first, but the restaurant gave her name to the NYPD.

When a reporter for the Daily News visited Cooke's apartment Wednesday night, she was wearing pajamas and a finger splint, and denied the entire incident.

"There's nothing that happened on New Year's Eve," she said. "I was here in my apartment."

However the News reports she turned herself in at the 19th Precinct station house and was later led out in handcuffs.

She and her designer glass purse are anti-Semitic bald faced liars.

#9 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-01-06 02:38 PM | Reply

I don't get it. How is calling someone 'Jew' an insult? Or saying 'Happy bat mitzvah'?

Hitting people with your stupid purse is a different story, I admit.

#10 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-01-06 06:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#10 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN

Thought experiment -

Let's say you're a Muslim living in Pakistan, and you say to someone who is Jewish, "hey, Jew" ... well, they're probably not going to appreciate that because it comes across as a slur.

Always remember -- context is everything.

Unpleasantness at the coat rack preceded the unpleasant dialogue, and that's why people -- especially those who are Jews --get to say that it was anti-Semitic.

And while I'm not an expert, I would guess that this standard applies to all races, all religions, etc.

If you don't get what I'm saying, try this link ...

NYT: Reclaiming ‘Jew' By Mark Oppenheimer | April 22, 2017
www.nytimes.com

There will be a test, so study up ~

#11 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-01-06 07:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

She asked a question! so what! In my circle if you have an unacceptable opinion you are fired.

#12 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2018-01-06 10:58 PM | Reply

OMG, finally the left care about Jewish people!

#13 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-01-07 01:05 AM | Reply

I still don't get it. This isn't Pakistan with it's Jewish population of 7 and a half people. This is the You Knighted States by Gawd. "Jew" is not a doity word here.

In fact, lets do a thought experiment...

I am walking past a public toilet and I hear feeble and desperate banging from inside. I ask "you OK dude"?

And a voice from inside sez "Help me. I am stuck in the toilet. I don't have a lot of time. If I don't make it, tell the world my name is BOAZ and I died trying...."

I run out and round up some people and free him just in time.

Now, if I had yelled "Help Help! BOAZ is stuck in the toilet!", the people would've asked "BOAZ? BOAZ who???"... and it would've taken minutes to explain who he is... minutes he ain't got.

Instead I would yell, "Help Help! A FREEMASON is stuck in the toilet" and boom! Instant help, no explanations.

In such situations, precious seconds count.

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-01-07 01:12 AM | Reply | Funny: 2