Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Former Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann says she is weighing whether or not to run for Al Franken's Senate seat. In an interview last week with a religious TV program, Bachmann said that she's praying on if she should return to Washington at a time when "the swamp is so toxic." ... "The question is: Am I being called to do this now?" she told televangelist Jim Bakker. "I don't know. I don't know." ... Bachmann, 61, was elected to Congress in 2007 to represent Minnesota's 6th District. She was in office until 2015. During that time, she ran for the Republican nomination in the 2012 presidential election.

Comments

Please please please, I love the batshoot Bachmann stories.

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2018-01-02 02:25 PM | Reply

I have met Michelle in person in MN and "batshoot" understates her level of crazy.

This photo somewhat captures her crazy eyes in natural repose.

My guess is that Karin Housley and Tim Pawlenty will be the front runners for the GOP, with Norm Coleman lurking in the shadows to see what happens. Tina Smith is a "bag of flesh" from a personality standpoint so it will be interesting if the DFL rallies around her re-election.

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-02 02:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Crazy eyes indeed.

Franken should run again as an I. He'd get most of the liberal votes plus all the gropey misogynist trump cuckolds'.

#3 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-01-02 02:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't think that many DFL voters would cross party lines to vote for the Frankengroper, but since most of MN emitted an audible "Bleh" when Smith was nominated by Dayton to take Al's seat, you may be right.

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-02 05:00 PM | Reply

She was fine in her district because it's a religion, guns and meth area. But outside of it, good luck, lady.

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-01-02 06:29 PM | Reply

By all means Michele... please do.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-01-02 06:34 PM | Reply

Oh hell no.

We have enough crazy in DC.

If she so much as registers to run we have to bury her campaign immediately.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-02 06:42 PM | Reply

James Orsen Bakker, born January 2, 1940, is an American televangelist, convicted fraudster, a former Assemblies of God minister and a former host (with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, an evangelical Christian television program.

An accusation of rape made by his secretary led to his resignation from the ministry. Subsequent revelations of accounting fraud brought about his imprisonment and divorce. He later remarried and returned to televangelism.

*sigh*

#8 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-02 06:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

@ RIGHTOCENTER

I've spoken with people who met Bachmann and they came away from the meeting convinced there is something very wrong with her brain.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-02 06:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

^^ Google "Super Deluxe Bakker"

#10 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-01-02 09:17 PM | Reply

HA!

#11 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-02 09:42 PM | Reply

...google Jessica Hahn.

#12 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-01-02 09:44 PM | Reply

I was reared Assembly of God. In the early '80s, some Sunday evenings they'd pipe in Robert Tilton and Jim Bakker via those old-timey 16 foot diameter BUDs on C-band and project it onto a screen with a B/R/G projector. So I'm pretty familiar with the Big-Top atmosphere and crazy people associated with it. I could never boil down why all those adults in the church and around the country were fooled by it. It was like the 1880s itinerant snake oil salesmen promising a youthful elixir, moving from town-to-town when the last place got to hot to hold them.

Run as fast as you can from any of the charismatic/evangelical pew-hoppers that you come across. And God help anyone under the auspices of one who's a boss, spouse, or political office holder.

I learned the hard way the only thing you can do with crazy people is to get away from them. You're not going to fix them. And all they're going to do is try to involve you in whatever ludicrous game they're playing.

www.amazon.com

#13 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-02 10:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

MAD

"I learned the hard way the only thing you can do with crazy people is to get away from them. You're not going to fix them."

My sentiments exactly.

During my foolishly idealistic days I used to think I was strong enough to raise people up. But I was wrong. They only drug me down. I'm not one to admit defeat so it took a while for me to catch on. Actually, it took an epiphany but one day I saw the light and put an end to that nonsense right then and there.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-02 10:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#8 | Posted by madscientist

Yep that's the RR for you.

#15 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2018-01-03 08:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

God did call her. The message he got started with "The number you have dialed is not in service..."

#16 | Posted by catdog at 2018-01-03 08:44 AM | Reply