Monday, January 01, 2018

A 67-year-old Slidell man [in Louisiana] who served as a go-between for an international team of scammers running a "Nigerian prince" email scheme has been arrested after an 18-month investigation. Michael Neu, who is neither Nigerian nor a prince, has been charged with 269 counts of wire fraud and money laundering. Neu helped shuttle fraudulently obtained money to his co-conspirators, some of whom actually do live in Nigeria, according to the Slidell Police Department.

Comments

He must be the "white sheep" of the family...

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-12-31 01:45 PM | Reply

I'd heard that he had died, no heirs.

me.me

#2 | Posted by Whizzo at 2017-12-31 02:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Can he be sentenced to a Nigerian prison?

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2017-12-31 03:00 PM | Reply

Look for the email asking for bail money, which if provided, will open up a treasure chest of vast riches unbeknown to non nigerians.

#4 | Posted by mutant at 2017-12-31 04:17 PM | Reply

I was thinking he looked more Cameroonian.

#5 | Posted by cbob at 2018-01-01 10:59 PM | Reply

It's been a long time since I heard from the Nigerian Prince. I sort of miss him. Some of his emails were kind of funny.

#6 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2018-01-02 09:22 AM | Reply

Don't worry, he's still around. He changed his name to Tremain.

#7 | Posted by boaz at 2018-01-02 11:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Sorry, but the "Nigerian Prince" was far smarter and much more clever than JTosseRigelMain.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-02 12:03 PM | Reply

RIGHT

" JTosseRigelMain."

------ said he had relatives that lived in Texas. Connect the dots.

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-02 01:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 1