Sunday, December 31, 2017

As China prepares to ring in the Lunar New Year, one shopping mall has declared it the year of #TrumpDog, complete with a giant statue that bears a striking resemblance to the US president. The statue sports a deep frown, an index finger pointing straight up and Trump's signature coiffure in what is believed to be his favourite colour, gold. The dog is also wearing a red kerchief, although it is significantly shorter than the power ties typically worn by the president. The People's Daily, the official mouthpiece of the Communist party, heralded the statue's arrival, declaring "Welcome the #TrumpDog".

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The Chinese zodiac is a 12 year cycle. Each year represented by a separate animal. Trump was born in 1946, the year of the dog.

According to Chinese culture, if people share the same zodiac sign as the year they are born in, they experience bad fortune throughout the year.

The statue, and the hashtag #TrumpDog, has been a hit on social media.

Comments

Dotard is like the gift that keeps giving and giving. ----- with comb-over.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-29 07:33 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Trump born in the year of the dog? There is something to this chinese astrology...

I was born in the year of the ox.

#2 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-12-29 08:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

www.chinahighlights.com

Lucky Colors: white, yellow, green
Lucky Numbers: 1, 4
Lucky Flowers: tulip, morning glory, peach blossom
Year of Birth: 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-29 09:00 AM | Reply

Oxes are known for diligence, dependability, strength and determination. Having an honest nature, Oxes have a strong patriotism for their country, have ideals and ambitions for life, and attach importance to family and work. These things reflect the traditional characteristics of conservatives. Women belonging to the Ox zodiac sign are traditional, faithful wives, who attach great importance to their children's education.
Find Your Chinese Zodiac Sign

Choose your date of birth and find out about your Chinese zodiac sign.

Having a desire to advance and great patience, Oxes can achieve their goals by consistent efforts. They are not influenced by others or the environment, but persist to do things in accordance with their ideas and capabilities. Before taking action, they will have a definite plan with detailed steps and add their strong faith and physical strength. So people of the Ox zodiac sign enjoy great success as a result.

The most disadvantageous trait in Oxes is poor communication skills. They are not good at communicating with others, and even think it not worthwhile exchanging ideas with others. They are stubborn and stick to their own ways.

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-29 09:01 AM | Reply

Dogs are loyal and honest, amiable and kind, cautious and prudent. Due to having a strong sense of loyalty and sincerity, Dogs will do everything for the person who they think is most important.

As Dogs are not good at communication, it is difficult for them to convey their thoughts to others. Therefore, Dogs tend to leave others with the impression that they have a stubborn personality.

Born with a good nature, Dogs do not tend to be criminals or seek dishonest gains. They just need a quiet life and a good family and, therefore, forget the ugliness and evil on Earth.

Dogs are always ready to help others and do not care about their own interests, but if they find themselves betrayed by cunning people they will feel shocked and hurt.

When thrown into doubt, Dogs think the world is evil and complicated. Then they criticize sharply when giving comments on something, and infer all things are according to their pessimistic point of view.
--------------

Oooo... last part not so good....

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-29 09:03 AM | Reply

Lol I'm a Fire Dragon!!!

#5 That doesn't fit Trump at all

#6 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-12-29 10:36 AM | Reply

That doesn't fit Trump at all

Yes it does.. you got to read between the lines.

"Dogs will do everything for the person who they think is most important.".... himself.

"As Dogs are not good at communication, it is difficult for them to convey their thoughts to others".... Bigly Twitter user. Has all the best words. Sad.

"They just need a quiet life and a good family"... which this doggy doesn't know how to get. Married to a hooker doesn't make for good family... or quiet life.

"if they find themselves betrayed by cunning people they will feel shocked and hurt."... yeah... look what he did to Omorrossa.

etc

#7 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-29 11:24 AM | Reply

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-29 11:38 AM | Reply

Lol J_TREMAIN you remind me of an ex-girlfriend that would read my horoscope and say that it meant that I was going to cheat, because it said I was "going to meet someone new" ... just like her that's a big stretch between the lines there... but whatever floats your boat man......

#9 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-12-29 12:04 PM | Reply

I am the Kaleidoscope of the mind.
I am part light, color and perpetual motion.
I think, I see, I am moved by electric fluidity.
Constant only in my inconstancy,
I am unshackled by mundane holds,
unchecked by sturdy, binding goals.
I run unimpeded through the virgin paths.
My spirit unconquered –
my soul forever free.
I am the Horse.

#10 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-29 02:43 PM | Reply

(maybe i shoulda said a gf gave it to me once, inscribed on a gift. those were the days.)

#11 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-29 10:36 PM | Reply

Leaving aside politics, these are awesome character designs.

#12 | Posted by rcade at 2017-12-31 11:43 AM | Reply

A dog will often sniff your crotch when first meeting you. Me too!
--The Dotard

So messed up, I want you here
In my room, I want you here
Now we're gonna be face-to-face
And I'll lay right down in my favorite place
And now I want to be your dog
--The Stooges

#13 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-31 04:42 PM | Reply

Goodbye Trump Chicken, Hello Trump Dog

Instead of Trump choking his chicken, he'll be screwing the pooch.

#14 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-31 06:52 PM | Reply

Way ahead of yourselves, the Chinese new year doesn't begin until mid-February.
However, I like the Trump-dog, very fitting, as one of the biggest insults in Chinese is to call someone dog shizz.

#15 | Posted by e1g1 at 2018-01-01 10:14 AM | Reply