Monday, December 25, 2017

A Pennsylvania utility customer got the shock of her life after checking on her monthly electric bill and seeing that she owed $284 billion. "My eyes just about popped out of my head," Erie homeowner Mary Horomanski, 58, told the Erie Times-News. "We had put up Christmas lights and I wondered if we had put them up wrong."

Comments

That must have been rather...shocking.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2017-12-25 08:41 PM | Reply

I heard she charged it.

#2 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-12-25 08:43 PM | Reply

A jolt to the senses for sure.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-25 09:22 PM | Reply

Thanks goodness for that Clean Coal--otherwise her bill would have been much bigger...

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-26 08:13 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by squinch at 2017-12-26 12:21 PM | Reply

You know those outside Christmas light displays can really suck up the power!

#6 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-12-26 06:42 PM | Reply

I got a $5,000.00 electric bill once. I called the power company. They laughed and said they'd send me a new bill. Then they did; for $7,000.00. #5 | POSTED BY SQUINCH

What were you doing?

#7 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-12-26 11:19 PM | Reply

He was mining bit coins!!

I deal with numbers all the time and sometimes you get junk results. It's just part of life, you're supposed to know when you get one.

I had someone call me in a panic this month. Her sisters Wells Fargo statement said she lost 57 million. Thing was, it was a 1600 dollar mutual fund position. Somehow a computer miscalculated a capital gain distribution. I said calm down and give it a day to correct.

When you get junk numbers I've been trained to recognize that, and taught you don't 'get' the bad number. Even if it's published in an official source

#8 | Posted by DavetheWave at 2017-12-27 11:55 AM | Reply