Monday, December 25, 2017

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin got an unwanted present for Christmas: a gift-wrapped box of horse manure. Psychologist Robert Strong said he "borrowed" the manure from a friend and sent it to Mnuchin as a political statement. "In the long run, if we don't do stuff like this, what are we going to have left?" Strong's card on the gift read, "Dear Misters Trump and Mnuchin, we are returning your Christmas gift of the Republican tax plan because it's complete horse ---. Sincerely, the American people."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Strong works as a psychologist for the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health. He told a radio station he realizes he might get fired but felt the need to take a stand.

Comments

"What I did, I would like to compare to what Jesus did when he went into the temple and overturned the tables of the moneychangers, who were exploiting the people financially in the name of religion. I feel like that's what the GOP has done to the American people," he told KPCC.

As for Strong, who is still waiting to potentially get arrested or fired, he told KPCC that he has seen an "intense increase in homelessness" and believes Trump's economic policies are exacerbating the problem and someone needs to stand up and do something.

"In the long run, if we don't do stuff like this, what are we going to have left?" he asked."

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-25 05:55 AM | Reply

I think he was stupid to do that but I agree with the sentiment. It would actually be wonderful if those crooks were inundated with thousands or even millions of such packages.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-25 08:12 AM | Reply

Greatest, thread, EVAR.

#3 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-25 09:03 AM | Reply

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-25 10:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Has anyone else noticed that most of Trump's homeboys look like comic book villains?

#5 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-25 11:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-25 10:36 AM

Too bad Christmas comes only once a year, because this gift I imagine people can keep on giving.

#6 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2017-12-25 01:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

i bet he's a good psychologist, too. great gift giver.

#7 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-25 03:42 PM | Reply

It was a great statement. Harmless but easy to understand.

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-12-25 03:48 PM | Reply

--Strong works as a psychologist for the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health

In Los Angeles, the psychologists are sicker than their patients.

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2017-12-25 04:06 PM | Reply

I was thinking it might have been reindeer droppings left by a fat guy in a red suit.

#10 | Posted by TenMile at 2017-12-25 04:12 PM | Reply

If giving cash to pols="speech", this certainly qualifies.

#11 | Posted by morris at 2017-12-26 12:18 AM | Reply

Yeah he looks completely sane.

#12 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-12-26 01:59 AM | Reply

Yeah he looks completely sane.

Posted by visitor_ at 2017-12-26 01:59 AM | Reply

What does Sanity looks like anyways???

#13 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-26 03:31 AM | Reply

What is sanity anyways?? Who defines sanity??? Society??? Or do we free to define our own sanity??? I think I'm sane. Someone else would disagree. Sanity is so overrated anyways.

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-26 05:03 AM | Reply

"I don't think it was stupid, DANNI. I think it was an act of courage considering he could lose his job. I hope the idea goes viral. "

COULD lose his job? MOre like WILL lose his career. I appreciate his passion but think he should have controlled his impulse better. It will accomplish absolutely nothing. He could even go to jail. What will that accomplish?

#15 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-26 08:56 AM | Reply

Crazy is as crazy does. I would not send biohazard materials to officials protected by men with guns. A mental health professional, physician heal thy self.

#16 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-12-26 02:01 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by danni

It was pretty creative... kinda like a silly art project.. with the potential for jail time. But, you are right... it does seem pretty pointless... tho it did get our attention.

Anyway... I want some of what he was smoking that night when the idea came to him... I'll bet it was some REALLY good weed!

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-12-26 02:08 PM | Reply

Sometimes you have to sacrifice something to get your point across. I don't know why there would be jail time involved, if that's so I am going to call the FBI every-time someone let's their dog poop on my property and not clean it up.

#18 | Posted by Badcat at 2017-12-26 02:40 PM | Reply

"I don't know why there would be jail time involved,"

I agree (which is why I said "potential") but this IS one of the Presidents Men. So I am sure they could dredge up some obscure law he violated if they wanted to.

But, I think maybe the man is on to something here...We could all do it and then maybe the message would really get across!

No need to get your hands dirty either.

-----------------

-----------------

--------------

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-12-26 03:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Gift-wrapped poop"? Does this mean the Obamas were out Carrolling?

#20 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-12-26 04:02 PM | Reply