Saturday, December 23, 2017

A former marine has been arrested by the FBI on suspicion of planning a terror attack in San Francisco over Christmas. Everitt Aaron Jameson, 25, was held after allegedly discussing the plot with undercover FBI agents. Criminal documents allege he planned to target the Pier 39 area, popular with tourists in the city. Authorities say firearms, a will and a letter claiming the attack were found during a search of his home. The FBI criminal complaint says that Jameson's letter made reference to Donald Trump's decision to designate Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The FBI says he sought materials that could be made into a pipe bomb from an agent.

But on December 18 Jameson apparently hesitated, telling an agent: "I don't think I can do this after all. I've reconsidered."

Comments

A lot more detail...

'Ready to die': Modesto man suspect in planned Christmas attack in San Francisco
www.modbee.com

...Jameson told an undercover FBI agent he "had been there before and knew it was a heavily crowded area," according to the complaint.

Jameson also met with the agent whom he believed to be associated with the senior leadership of the foreign terrorist organization, ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, also known as ISIL). During his interactions with this undercover agent, Jameson offered to carry out violent acts and to provide financial support for the terrorist organization....

According to the court document, Jameson was inspired by the Oct. 31 New York terror attack that left eight people dead when a man drove onto a crowded bike path. He also was inspired by the 2015 deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino....

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-12-22 09:55 PM | Reply

The FBI seem to be pretty good at recruiting potential terrorists.

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-12-22 10:28 PM | Reply

@#2 ... The FBI seem to be pretty good at recruiting potential terrorists. ...

I saw nothing in any of the articles I read that noted the FBI was recruiting terrorists for this SF event.

Might you have a URL you'd like to share?

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-12-22 10:36 PM | Reply

I'm sorry. I should have said "suckers".

#4 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-12-22 10:37 PM | Reply

@#4 ... I'm sorry. I should have said "suckers". ...

I was less concerned about the noun you used, and more concerned about the verb. My apologies if that didn't come across in my original reply to your message.

Whether the FBI is recruiting potential terrorists, or suckers, do you have a URL to share to show that the FBI is recruiting the people you assert they are recruiting, and the purpose for which the FBI is recruiting these people?

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-12-22 10:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

and more concerned about the verb.

I suppose "entrap" would have been a better choice.

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-12-23 10:52 AM | Reply

The first time I was ever on Pier 39 was in the early 80'a when I had moved to the Silicon Valley. Being from the vast interior of Tejas, I was almost overcome by the aroma of so much fish.

Beautiful place, though, and I expect it would have been crowded for Christmas. Good job by the FBI... well, unless they entrapped him. Then again, there's WC Fields' "You can't cheat an honest man!".

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-23 09:21 PM | Reply

Another white alt-right Teajadist Nazi Trump voter going to prison for potential domestic terrorism. Where's the outrage from all of the alt-right Nazi Sympathizing rubes here??? I bet if he were "brown" the troglodyte's on the alt-right wouldn't stop whining about it.

Come on Russia lovers let's hear it!

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-12-23 11:47 PM | Reply

Since 9-11 the FBI has engaged in a pattern of seeking out minorities with low IQs, suggesting a terrorist plot to them, supplying them fake weapons for an attack and then arresting the poor sap(s) if they fall for plot. This does wonders for the FBI's budget. No matter the constitution or the hapless lives it destroys.

#10 | Posted by bayviking at 2017-12-24 06:40 AM | Reply

Sorry fellow leftists, I want the FBI to find these wackos and do whatever they have to do to prevent them from killing people. But hey, that's just me. I know, your ideological hatred for authority is more important, oh and at the same time we should defend the FBI when Trump attacks it? No, as an American I know that our law enforcement agencies can run out of control but I also know that they do the best job they can protecting us. We now have Mueller investigating this President, and the FBI allowing him to do so, apparently, without interference. I think that our agencies are about as apolitical as we can expect them to be and I, perhaps stupidly, do trust them for the most part. If you have real evidence to refute that please present it and I will be happy to examine it but til you do I still trust the FBI, well, since J. Edgar Hoover is no longer part of it. Before that it was a political weapon not a law enforcement agency and I'm still glad he's dead.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-24 08:33 AM | Reply

#11 see #10. The is not the best job to protect us.

#12 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-12-24 12:13 PM | Reply

The problem is that these are the same tactics they used against civil rights and anti-war protesters in the 60's and 70's. It was always the most radical members of the group who were the agents/informers working for the FBI. They were oppressing legitimate 1st Amendment activity because the white supremacist patriarchy feared the anti-war and anti-racist movements threatened their grip on power. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

#13 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2017-12-24 02:07 PM | Reply

The FBI is a giant bureaucracy and not very good working in real time, as evidenced by their failure to stop 9-11 even though they were provided several advanced warnings, which they ignored, just like Bush.

#14 | Posted by bayviking at 2017-12-25 01:19 PM | Reply

Another white alt-right Teajadist Nazi Trump voter going to prison for potential domestic terrorism. - AbortedMonsoon

Turns out he had ISIS and antiFa sympathies.
www.google.com

So where is your outrage?

As we can see the FBI did a fine job regardless of that mess of an HQ in Washington.

#15 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-12-25 01:38 PM | Reply

I heard Santa got run over. By a reindeer!

#16 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-25 05:44 PM | Reply