Thursday, December 21, 2017

Though Dave Chappelle's new Netflix standup special was filmed long before Congress voted on a sweeping tax bill that includes a 40% tax cut for corporations, there's a bit from the comedy show that sounds relevant. In a new expletive-laden NSFW clip from his third streaming special in a year, Equanimity, out Dec. 31, Chappelle talks about the "poor whites" who elected President Trump. "I stood with them in line ... and I listened to them say naive, poor white people things" about how Trump will help them once elected. Chappelle continues: "I'm standing there, thinking in my mind, 'You dumb ---. You are poor. He's fighting for me.' "

Comments

I will make sure to watch Chappelle's shows over the holiday.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-21 09:28 AM | Reply

Dave Chapelle is the best.

#2 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-12-21 10:02 AM | Reply

His delivery is so good. I still have to watch his last one.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-12-21 10:17 AM | Reply

"Dave Chapelle is the best.

"I'm standing there, thinking in my mind, 'You dumb (expletives). You are poor. He's fighting for me.' "

LOL!

#4 | Posted by Angrydad at 2017-12-21 10:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Good last two were great. Here's still got it.

#5 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-12-21 11:07 PM | Reply

Trump is fighting for the poor people.

Funny that you don't get it.

#6 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-12-22 02:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 5

Trump: "Those poor, rich people! We deserve more money!"

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-22 02:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump fights for himself, as always.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2017-12-22 06:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Trump is fighting for the poor people."

Now pull the other leg.

#9 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-12-22 08:23 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

#6 | Posted by DixvilleNotch

Please please please enlighten me on HOW.

I mean no offense but the people that have this view I find pricelessly naive. So far pretty much EVERYTHING he has done is for the benefit of the rich.

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-12-22 10:21 AM | Reply

""I stood with them in line ... and I listened to them say naive, poor white people things" about how Trump will help them once elected."'

This is EXACTLY what made me laugh so hard at poor black people regarding Obama. In Tampa, there were news interviews all over the place with people from low income neighborhoods and one of them said, "I can't wait for Obama to get in office, he's going to pay my mortgage for me" and that wasn't even the dumbest thing that someone said, it's just the one I remember most because she spoke just like that "Ain't nobody got time for that" woman. Maybe those type of interviews were only in Tampa but this type of mentality is rampant everywhere, because people still hold no responsibility over their own actions and are waiting for someone to come in and just take care of all of their problems.

#11 | Posted by humtake at 2017-12-22 12:27 PM | Reply

Leave Dixiechick alone. He meant to say "Trump is fighting the poor people".

#12 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-12-22 12:42 PM | Reply

allow me to help "translate" for Mr. Chappelle...
youtu.be

#13 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-22 01:39 PM | Reply

#11 apples and oranges. you cannot eliminate the profound effects on people's minds of America's first African-American President. i'm sure many saw JESUS appear, and He probably did.

#14 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-22 01:43 PM | Reply

youtu.be

#15 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-22 01:54 PM | Reply

Dave Chapelle is the best.

#2 | Posted by visitor_

He's making fun of YOU dummy. But you're right.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-12-22 02:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 | Posted by humtake

False equivalency - the only thing repubs have left.

Obama wasnt a plutocrat who talked about buying american while making his products in china.

You got conned like a chump.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-12-22 02:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Trump is fighting for the poor people.

Funny that you don't get it.

#6 | Posted by DixvilleNotch

Yeah that's why he's trying to collapse their health care system, pollute their air, and defund their government, and why he filled his white house with goldman sachs bankers and other billionaires. Because he's fighting so hard for poor people.

#18 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-12-22 02:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You got conned like a chump.

#17 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Describes Trump supporters to a T.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2017-12-23 12:45 PM | Reply