Monday, December 18, 2017

Retired Cmdr. David Fravor spent 18 years as a Navy pilot, but nothing prepared him for what he witnessed during a routine training mission on Nov. 14, 2004.

"I can tell you, I think it was not from this world," Fravor told ABC News. "I'm not crazy, haven't been drinking. It was -- after 18 years of flying, I've seen pretty much about everything that I can see in that realm, and this was nothing close."

Fravor's stunning retelling of his encounter off the California coast with what appeared to be a 40-foot-long wingless object that flew at incredible speeds in an erratic pattern comes as the Pentagon revealed the existence of a secret program to investigate sightings of UFOs.

"I have never seen anything in my life, in my history of flying that has the performance, the acceleration -- keep in mind this thing had no wings," Fravor said.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

He recalled flying his F/A-18 fighter on a training mission on a beautiful Southern California day 13 years ago when things started to get strange.

Controllers on one of the Navy ships on the water below reported objects that were dropping out of the sky from 80,000 feet and going "straight back up," Fravor said.

"So we're thinking, OK, this is going to be interesting," he said.

"When it started to near us, as we started to descend towards it coming up, it was flying in the elongated way, so it's [like] a Tic Tac, with the roundish end going in the forward direction ... I don't know what it is. I don't know what I saw. I just know it was really impressive, really fast, and I would like to fly it," he said.

Comments

I grew up near the Bell Helicopter plant in D-FW, and got used to seeing copters day and night. One night though, we saw several very un-helicopter like colored, lighted objects above the facility that moved however they wished at whatever speeds and angles they wished for 10-15 minutes before they vanished. It was pretty cool.

Around that time there had been a report of a saucer landing at a nearby Boys Ranch. We rode our bikes out there a few days afterwards and, as kids, were pretty awed by the big black circle burned in the ground.
Which, upon reflection, was prolly a great prank, but still, it was cool at the time.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-18 01:00 PM | Reply

"appeared to be a 40-foot-long wingless object that flew at incredible speeds in an erratic pattern"

Its Jesus' grocery getter.

#2 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2017-12-18 01:25 PM | Reply

JDS sufferer, lol.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-18 01:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Maybe THEY have come to take Trump back before he does any more damage to our timeline.

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-12-18 02:19 PM | Reply

One evening, about sunset I was driving west to go to a doctor's appointment when I heard a loud roaring above. The sun was blacked out by an ominous shape in the sky unlike any manmade flying vehicle I had ever seen. The entire thing was right angles and massive -- very alien looking.

My father has always been into aircraft and identifying them, so I tried to explain to him what I saw. I drew it on a piece of paper (the shape of the silhouette was so iconic, I'll never forget how menacing it looked) but he failed to recognize any such craft. He didn't believe me at all.

Two weeks later Lockheed officially unveiled the B2.

Scary as hell plane to see before it was revealed though and still one of the most fascinating shapes to ever fly.

#5 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-12-18 05:52 PM | Reply

The Air Force actually trolled everybody with the B-2 because each point of the stylized five-pointed star the Air Force used to promote the program was actually a silhouette of the aircraft.

Here you can see it, goo.gl

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-18 06:46 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

That is epic! The off-centeredness of that patch is annoying though.

#7 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-12-18 06:50 PM | Reply

Yeah they made it out to be a big deal when Aviation Week and Space Technology rented a plane and got an overhead shot during the unveiling, because the press was limited in the pictures they could take, for security reasons. Yet the overhead view was cheekily already being revealed by the USAF. I don't think too many people noticed at the time. Sitz?

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-18 06:57 PM | Reply

Isn't strange......when events like this happen Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are no where to be found? Just saying.....

#9 | Posted by soulfly at 2017-12-18 08:57 PM | Reply

"Former Pentagon UFO official: 'We may not be alone'

A former Pentagon official who led a recently revealed government program to research potential UFOs said Monday evening that he believes there is evidence of alien life reaching Earth.

"My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone," Luis Elizondo said in an interview on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront."

"These aircraft -- we'll call them aircraft -- are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the US inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of," Elizondo said of objects they researched.

He said the program sought to identify what had been seen, either through tools or eyewitness reports, and then "ascertain and determine if that information is a potential threat to national security."
"We found a lot," Elizondo said.

The former Pentagon official said they identified "anomalous" aircraft that were "seemingly defying the laws of aerodynamics."

"Things that don't have any obvious flight services, any obvious forms of propulsion, and maneuvering in ways that include extreme maneuverability beyond, I would submit, the healthy G-forces of a human or anything biological," Elizondo said.

The Times' report on the government UFO study included a pair of videos of pilots remarking on something mysterious they were seeing.

One of the pilots, retired Cmdr. David Fravor, told CNN that he had witnessed an object that looked like a "40-foot-long Tic Tac" maneuvering rapidly and changing its direction during a flight in 2004."

www.cnn.com

That thing on his chin appears to be the progeny of the famed alien life form known as, "The Hair".

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-19 12:32 AM | Reply