Sunday, December 17, 2017

Fresh off their victory in Alabama's special Senate election, Democrats now enjoy their largest advantage in congressional preference in nine years, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, signaling a dangerous political environment for Republicans entering next year's midterm elections. Fifty percent of registered voters say they prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress, versus 39 percent who want Republicans in charge. The last time Democrats both held a double-digit lead and hit 50 percent on this question in the NBC/WSJ poll was September 2008, right before the party won the White House and picked up a substantial number of House and Senate seats.

Comments

Damn, they actually gained 1 seat this year.

#1 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-12-17 04:31 PM | Reply

For a sniper, you sure do miss a lot.

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-17 09:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The House is so heavily gerrymandered that it won't matter as much as Ds might wish.

#3 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2017-12-18 12:04 AM | Reply

SOMEBODYELSE

Trump has another year to whittle that down to zero chance of keeping the House. His bestest buddy who looks like he just crawled out of a dumpster is helping,

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-18 12:38 AM | Reply

And Republicans giving themselves the biggest tax cut in decades too.

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-12-18 12:43 PM | Reply

For a sniper, you sure do miss a lot.

#2 | Posted by Corky

So cor, tell me which seats they have taken from republicans, not dems they have replaced.

#6 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-12-18 04:32 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by Sniper

Damn you are dumb. How on God's Green Earth did you ever figure out how to even use a computer?

Have you heard of the Google? NO? Here, let me show you how it works:

lmgtfy.com

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-12-18 06:08 PM | Reply

How many at the national level?

Told me I want to know donnie.

That makes six turnovers from Republican to Democrat in contested state House and Senate races so far in 2017 -- and 26 out of 35 races (at the state legislative and congressional level) in which the Democratic nominee has overperformed Hillary Clinton's showing last November. (Worth noting: Republicans have yet to flip a Democratic-controlled seat so far this year.)

#8 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-12-18 07:07 PM | Reply

"How many at the national level?
Told me I want to know donnie."

I am sorry I was so harsh.

I really should not pick on the handicapped.

I am happy you found out what you wanted to know and that I was able to show you how to use The Google.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-12-19 10:54 AM | Reply

You are something else. There is only 1 national seat changed. Just like I said.

#10 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-12-19 01:04 PM | Reply