Saturday, December 16, 2017

Twitter users pounced on Donald Trump Jr. Thursday for a tweet about the debate over net neutrality that featured a prominent typo and an apparent misconception about which president appointed the current chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. "I would pay good money to see all those people complaining about Obama's FCC chairman voting to repeal #NetNeutality (sic) actually explain it in detail," the president's eldest son tweeted. "I'd bet most hadn't heard of it before this week." In addition to misspelling neutrality, Trump Jr. was mistaken in referring to Chairman Ajit Pai as "Obama's FCC chairman." Although Pai was appointed to the commission by former president Barack Obama, it was President Trump who made him chairman during his first days in the White House.

Comments

Hasn't this SOB got an elephant to murder?

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2017-12-16 10:44 AM | Reply

Troll thread.

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-12-16 02:31 PM | Reply

"I would pay good money to see all those people complaining about Obama's FCC chairman voting to repeal #NetNeutality (sic) actually explain it in detail"

Too bad for me, I don't accept payment in Rubles.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-16 02:36 PM | Reply

Sentinel is a deep-cover Republican.

You've been warned.

#4 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 09:56 PM | Reply

c8.alamy.com

#5 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:00 PM | Reply

#4. His cover ain't so deep.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-16 10:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Snoofy, I learned a long time ago, either you side with the workingman, or the master.

There is no other way.

#7 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:07 PM | Reply

Both of us were trained to be managers...which puts us at a difficulty of thinking: Do I side with the labor or the management?

An ombudsman between both makes a very uneasy living.

#8 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:09 PM | Reply

Snoofy, you're the smartest man here. What's your objective?

madscientist25@juno.com

#9 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:11 PM | Reply

"Snoofy, you're the smartest man here."

Sorry, but I refuse to believe Goatman isn't Deep Lurking.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-16 10:14 PM | Reply

Would Goatman know the mass of an electron was 9.10938356 × 10-31 kilograms?

Well, he could look that up.

I'm trying to think of a chemical/physical shibboleth that only a well-trained scientist would know.

OK: PV=nRT. The first equation taught in Physical Chemistry. In addition to that, you could use the Redlich-Kwong equation for the equation of state. en.wikipedia.org

Maybe I could amp my creds and say that the Lucasian Chair of Mathematics, Prof Stephen Hawking, is out of his mind, and not to be reckoned with.

#11 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:25 PM | Reply

You know it's true. But, the rest of these wannabe "scientists" don't know, he's lost his marbles.

madscientist25@juno.com

#12 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:27 PM | Reply

Pivnert. That was tenth grade chemistry for me.
That was a funny teacher. He had the gullible majority of the class convinced chemical symbol Sn was an element called "Snibnium."

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-16 10:32 PM | Reply

Yeah, but I'm not kidding.

What's a man like you doing among these weeds?

What do you want?

Who is your master, and for whom are you cutting-down these sheaves with your mighty scythe the oats?

For yourself, of for a higher power?

madscientist25@juno.com

#14 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:41 PM | Reply

... "I would pay good money to see all those people complaining about Obama's FCC chairman voting to repeal #NetNeutality (sic) actually explain it in detail," ...

Is it unintentional, or is it just a clever tactical diversion to distract everyone as they pillage the middle class?

#15 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-12-16 10:42 PM | Reply

Picking on someone for a typo is called piling on. We should be better than that. Lord knows Junior has worse faults than being a bad speller. If his name wasn't Trump he'd be working out of a cubicle making cold calls for a crematorium.

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-16 10:44 PM | Reply

I am wondering, why are you here?
--Yoda

I'm searching for a great man.
--Luke Skywalker

He He! A Great Man have you found!
He he he.
--Yoda

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back.

#17 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 10:46 PM | Reply

LAMP

"Why is it that the Trump administration seems to revel in, even celebrate, ignorance?"

Because they judge other people by their own standards, which aren't very high.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-16 10:48 PM | Reply

Maybe for a change of pace someone could turn Don Jr into a newt.

#19 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-12-16 10:49 PM | Reply

Nobody can ever hear him call. You need to find a way for what you want to say:

--Supersonic, Oasis.

#20 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:06 PM | Reply

www.youtube.com

#21 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:07 PM | Reply

"What do you want?"

Same as you, I reckon.

One reason I come here is hoping to find out what goes on in the minds of people who see the world vastly different from me.

It's a good question though.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-16 11:10 PM | Reply

I told you to go ---- yourself, at one point.

Stop following me. But, now I'm ready.

Hit me with your best shot: www.youtube.com

#23 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:11 PM | Reply

"For yourself, of for a higher power?"

Interesting dichotomy.

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-16 11:12 PM | Reply

Thy master was a member of SNCC. As was mine.

He taught me all there was to know about my people...white people.

From a black man's prospective...

I recognognize the words, and understand the language:

You've been taught by a government man. As have I.

#25 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:27 PM | Reply

The most important thing for the government to do is to keep the populace busy.

#26 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:29 PM | Reply

madscientist25@juno.com

#27 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:30 PM | Reply

My mentor was a black man.

He had 25 patents in his name, and let me in on 13 of them.

Eventually, It came to the point that I realized, "I'm your servant, and you are my master."

After my father died, he told me, "You'll carry on the knowledge, like my son."

And, I am his scientific son.

Don't crawl on your belly like a lawyer, but, stand tall like a son of God.

As a scientist should.

#28 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-16 11:40 PM | Reply

Wow. I got the last word. I deserve a trophy.

#29 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-17 03:25 AM | Reply

No, MAD. What you got was another patent. You just discovered a cure for insomnia. Your audience went to sleep five hours ago.

#30 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-17 05:00 AM | Reply

Yes, but they'll awaken just the same in a few hours, TwinPac.

Toodles, my dear.

#31 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-17 05:05 AM | Reply

Ahhh, I just farted. It's the simple things in life that make it worth living.

When I was a teen, I saw into the future: When I took care of the elderly, I could tell, that taking a dump was the crux of the day. I realized, one day, all this would be mine. One day, sooner than I thought, that sitting on the pot and striving to pass a stool, would be tantamount to having a sexual denoument. I figured, I'd better live now. Before taking a ---- made me want to get up in the morning.

#32 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-17 05:15 AM | Reply

Selah...a Proverb of King David.

#33 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-17 05:22 AM | Reply

#32 the probably the only post in this thread that doesn't deserve to be deleted.

#34 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-12-17 08:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hear No Evil, See No Evil, but Say Plenty. Republicans and their 1% sponsors live the high life inside an information bubble.

#35 | Posted by bayviking at 2017-12-17 08:04 AM | Reply

When they tell you bring rich is a consequence of being better than those less rich than you are, remember. Don't forget.

#36 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-12-17 09:34 AM | Reply

I want some of whatever madscientist was consuming last night. Damn!

#37 | Posted by jpw at 2017-12-17 03:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

=

#38 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-12-17 10:54 PM | Reply

<H|psi> = <?|psi>

? = What's the answer Madscientist?

#39 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-12-17 10:55 PM | Reply

Bonus points what is <H| called?

#40 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-12-17 10:59 PM | Reply

JPW

"I want some of whatever madscientist was consuming last night. Damn!"

180 proof?

#41 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-12-18 12:19 AM | Reply

He should make his 3 adult children repeat every grade to prove that they can run a hotel..

#42 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-12-18 07:28 AM | Reply