Thursday, December 14, 2017

Rep. Blake Farenthold, who's under fire for accusations of sexual harassment, is not planning to run for re-election, a Republican source familiar with situation told CNN on Thursday. ... The news that Farenthold won't seek re-election follows a CNN report Wednesday that a former senior aide to the congressman has approached the House Ethics Committee to share a damning account of working for Farenthold, with the intent of describing the congressman as verbally abusive and sexually demeaning -- and his congressional office as an intensely hostile environment that drove the aide to physical and emotional distress.

Comments

How interesting, a women who's accusation of sexual harassment doesn't prompt him to resign, but a former MALE staffer's accusations of inappropriate comments does. Sexism at it's finest.

#1 | Posted by greeneyedguy at 2017-12-14 02:16 PM | Reply

a woman*

#2 | Posted by greeneyedguy at 2017-12-14 02:17 PM | Reply

He's recognizing an inappropriate culture in his office and his excuse is he never served in office before? WTF. I have never served in office but I know professionalism. I know right from wrong. I know inappropriate behavior when I see it. So just what is so hard about it? It must just be he thought since he was a "powerful" congressman now he could just be himself?

#3 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-12-14 03:00 PM | Reply

Ah as I google him... He's a Trump supporter and voted for gutting the powers of the Office of Congressional Ethics... Makes sense - another do as I say not as I do Republican.

You can certainly see the effects of redistricting in his election results.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-12-14 03:04 PM | Reply

"Will not run for reelection" means "Refuses to step down".

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-12-14 03:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So porky pig was "verbally abusive and sexually demeaning", checks out.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2017-12-14 11:16 PM | Reply