Friday, December 15, 2017

While on The Ellen Show with Kevin Hart this week, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said he's "seriously considering" running for president of the United States in 2020. He didn't say much more than that, but Hart fully endorsed his Jumanji co-star regardless. "I think the world that we're living in today, you're seeing the real effect that genuine people like Dwayne have," Hart said. "The one thing about him is he's very serious when it comes to spreading that love, that laughter and just the upselling of life on a positive level. And if he were to put himself in that position, he would get my support wholeheartedly -- unless it comes to a financial dollar, then we've got to talk."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

This isn't the first time Johnson has flirted with the idea of running for president, but it is the closest he's come to making a commitment.

He told GQ in May of this year that him running for president is "a real possibility" and followed it up in an interview with Jimmy Fallon by saying "three-and-a-half years is a long ways away" but he is intrigued by the idea.

Someone then made him eligible for the 2020 election by filing the "Run the Rock 2020" campaign committee on his behalf with the Federal Election Commission in the second week of July.

Johnson joked about teaming up with Tom Hanks for a bid as the host of the season finale of Saturday Night Live around that time. A poll released by Public Policy Polling also revealed that Johnson would lead Donald Trump 42-37 in a prospective contest.

Comments

Johnson/Hanks 2020! in the video.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-14 12:26 PM | Reply

All you people who bash Johnson voters will have to eat crow.

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-12-14 12:55 PM | Reply

I might actually vote for Hanks/Johnson, lol... prolly not the other way 'round.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-14 12:57 PM | Reply

"All you people who bash Johnson voters will have to eat crow."

If Trump and the Republicans continue their war on the middle class we may think of crow as a delicacy.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-14 01:29 PM | Reply

What are his policies or are we just electing kings now?

I hope Terry Crews runs, that will confirm Idiocracy as prophetic.

#5 | Posted by bored at 2017-12-14 01:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm a huge fan of The Rock but please no. We need qualified people running the country, not entertainers whose only knowledge of how the government works is what they see in the news.

#6 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-12-15 01:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm tired of the Freak Show, so, no.

We don't need celebrity politicians, regardless of party.

We need professional politicians who are focused on policy and who are able to easily and clearly articulate that policy.

Trump has shown us that pizzazz is RIDICULOUS and UNQUALIFIED fool's gold.

We need vanilla (like Obama), and we need to stick with it.

#7 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-15 03:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I hope not, but if so, I'd vote for him.

#8 | Posted by hamburglar at 2017-12-15 07:39 PM | Reply

He would be the best looking President in history and I'm a lesbian! He's definitely hot and apparently not stupid which is a rare combination.
But Presidential? Not really.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-15 09:29 PM | Reply

IMO, still a better choice than Donald or Hillary.

#10 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2017-12-15 11:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

IMO, still a better choice than Donald or Hillary.

Posted by Whatsleft at 2017-12-15 11:58 PM | Reply

Damned skippy.

#11 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-16 12:13 AM | Reply

Hillary Clinton was all about policy -- she would have been a good President.

The reason people hated her was due to the lamest superficial reasons that helped Trump get elected: personality.

President Hillary would have NEVER signed off on tax cuts for the rich, she wanted to strengthen Obamacare, she would have been for infrastructure spending, and she would've stood up to Putin instead of kissing his ass like Trump does.

25 years of propaganda against Hillary brought us the most unqualified president ever in Donald Trump -- we as Americans never learn anything, and are instead the most gullible rubes walking the planet.

#12 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 07:33 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Hillary Clinton is allot of things, unqualified to be president of the United States was not one of them.

The country is worse off with her having lost to Trump.

#13 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 07:41 AM | Reply

Hillary Clinton was all about policy -- she would have been a good President.

Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 07:33 AM | Reply

Lie much???

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-16 08:12 AM | Reply

Lie much???

#14 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Selling access via the Lincoln bedroom in the WH is pretty crass, and it's also called corruption, something I don't condone.

But compare that to buying The ACTUAL LEVERS OF GOVERNMENT (Presidency, Congress, Supreme Court) and then once in office aim the full power of the U.S. Government to benefit their political donors ... is also corruption, much much worse in my opinion.

And with Hillary's donors, it's ridiculous to say or even think that only she had the favor of Wall Street bankers ... these Wall Street boardrooms are filled with tofu eating, tree hugging, vegan liberals? I don't think so.

#15 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 09:06 AM | Reply

#15 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 09:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

She was a Wall Street Darling. Don't kid yourself. They wanted her to win. They even Warned Warren not to run because of it.

#16 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-16 09:16 AM | Reply

A vote for Hillary Clinton in the DNC primary was a vote toward President Donald J Trump in the general election.
🔥

#17 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-12-16 09:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#16 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

I agree 100% -- but to say that Wall Street is the sole bastion of Clinton Democrats is just not true, and anyone saying that is flat-out ignoring Republican interests that also reside on Wall Street.

When it comes down to a choice between crass and insane, I'm more than happy to vote for, and defend voting for, the obvious crass candidate over the obvious insane candidate.

#18 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 09:25 AM | Reply

Hillary Clinton was all about policy -- she would have been a good President.

#12 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

That's half true.....

She was all about policy... However I don't like her policies, left me without someone to vote for.

I sure as hell wasn't going by to vote for what I didn't want.

Then well I sure as hell wasn't going to vote for Trump because I didn't want that either.

Third party candidates were all nut jobs, I couldn't stomach them either.

How about we just vote for the best person for the job regardless of what they were doing before that. If I like the policies "The Rock" is going toward I'd vote for him. Till I know them though couldn't say I would or wouldn't.

#19 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-12-16 10:10 AM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY PINKYANTHEBRAIN

I don't have a problem with the Rock as a person, and if you say he has good ideas, then I believe you.

The problem I have with Rock (and any celebrity candidate) is they don't know and don't fully understand the political process of getting things done. That's why I would rather have professional politicians, despite the obvious problems with them, who know and understand what it takes.

Boiled all down, I want simple and straightforward vanilla flavored politics with as little hype as possible.

#20 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-12-16 10:29 AM | Reply

Here is your great Rock singing about Hillary.

youtu.be

#21 | Posted by patron at 2017-12-16 11:42 AM | Reply

- Don't kid yourself. They wanted her to win.

What complete --------. Her and the Dem policies were completely antithetical to WS goals. A few of them were bright enough to understand that Trump was a dangerous loose cannon, but to say most of WS wanted her to win is idiotic.

#22 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-16 11:56 AM | Reply

The thing about Hillary and the banks is that she was the Senator for New York. The Wall St. banks were legitimately her constituents, like oil companies in Texas and Oklahoma and coal companies in Kentucky and West Virginia (or Silicon Valley in California). All senators represent the industries that are economically dominant in their states. That doesn't mean I love it, but it's not at all out of the ordinary. It doesn't make her the spawn of the devil.

#23 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2017-12-16 12:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Oddly, the Zombie Jack the Ripper also leads Trump 42-37 in a prospective contest."

Gee...isn't that five points about the lead the Hillabeast had around the time of the 2016 election?

#24 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2017-12-16 01:10 PM | Reply

I think the Rock would actually be a good president. The guy is intelligent and has charisma.
2 things that the tiny handed moron that's currently occupying the White House doesn't have.

Plus he's a person of color and that will drive the alt-right Nazi's bat ---- crazy again! :)

#25 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-12-16 03:44 PM | Reply

The Rock vs. Mangoe Mussolini...1st debate the Rock delivers a flying drop from his podium. that'd be pay for vue there i bet

#26 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-12-16 05:00 PM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY PINKYANTHEBRAIN

Because policy ideas don't get things done. You need to understand how govt works and you need to know which people are the right people to help you get these ideas implemented. I thought Bernie had the best policies but I also thought he'd be a poor President because throughout his career, he's not demonstrated much ability to convert those ideas into action.
Our current President demonstrates daily that just because he has ideas,it doesn't mean he can accomplish them because he lacks the necessary knowledge, background and connections to align government with his vision.

#27 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-12-17 07:50 AM | Reply

The movie "Idiocracy" comes to mind. However hilarious and sad that may be.

#28 | Posted by Mr_Hatman at 2017-12-17 08:25 AM | Reply