Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Joe Biden and Meghan McCain shared an emotional moment Wednesday, with the former vice president consoling the daughter of his friend and onetime political rival Sen. John McCain. Visiting ABC's The View to talk about his book, "Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose," Biden was asked by McCain, a co-host on the morning show, about his son Beau's cancer diagnosis. McCain's father was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive brain tumor, in July. Beau Biden passed away from the same cancer in 2015. "This is the hard part, bear with me, OK? I couldn't get through your book, I tried. Your son Beau had the same cancer that my father was diagnosed with six months ago," McCain said, apologizing as she began to choke up. "I think about Beau almost every day and I was told -- sorry -- that this doesn't get easier, but that you cultivate the tools to work with this and to live with this.

Comments

I wish he was President now.

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-12-13 09:00 PM | Reply

A friend of mine died of this. Awful.

#2 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-13 09:53 PM | Reply

We all do.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-12-13 10:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What a beautiful moment between two public figures.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-12-13 11:00 PM | Reply

Seeing things like this makes me wonder if I greatly underestimated his ability to connect with people, even across a political divide.

He would have been a hell of a president.

#5 | Posted by rcade at 2017-12-13 11:20 PM | Reply

Biden is a barely left of center oaf, but he bar is so low at this point that having him as president would feel like Abe Lincoln compared to Trump.

#6 | Posted by JOE at 2017-12-14 12:57 AM | Reply

We all do.

#3 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Woah. Wait.

Did someone hack your account?

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2017-12-14 01:43 AM | Reply

Same thing that took my dad :( Horrible disease.

Joe Biden, class act through and through.

#8 | Posted by Sezu at 2017-12-14 07:40 AM | Reply

Diamond Joe is about the same age as The Dotard, but has it so much more together than the TV Junkie...

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-14 08:27 AM | Reply

I wish he was President now.
#1 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

Two of my favorite things about the Obama years were Biden/Obama Memes and Joe Biden articles in The Onion . It's a shame they were taken from us too soon.

#10 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2017-12-14 09:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Diamond Joe is about the same age as The ------"

All the more reason he should run in 2020, unless the Democrats can really find someone as charismatic as Obama (which seems unlikely at this point).

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-12-14 11:49 AM | Reply

Joe Biden sponsored the legislation which prevents student loans from being discharged in bankruptcy. That one bill is one of the largest economic problems our nation faces. I don't hate him for it, I doubt he really realized the affects of that bill but he should, at least, acknowledge his error. I would not support him for President though I probably would like they guy personally.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-14 12:11 PM | Reply

"I didn't think Biden could have won in 2016, even though I love Joe like no other politician."

He would have won.

I don't know that the DNC would have allowed him to take Hillary's spot, but he would have won had they done so.

if you held a vote today, Roy Moore might be the only politician I can think of that wouldn't beat Trump.

#13 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-12-14 02:20 PM | Reply

I wonder if Neil Kinnock would endorse him? I know lots of regular Joe's, who have slight Indian accents and run 7/11's would vote him...so would the clean and articulate blacks.

#14 | Posted by homerj at 2017-12-14 06:34 PM | Reply