Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Three Kansas men charged with planning to blow up a mosque and an apartment complex housing Muslim Somali immigrants told a federal judge Friday they want Trump voters on the jury. Gavin Wright, Patrick Stein, and Curtis Allen -- who were part of a militia group called "the Crusaders" -- are charged with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. They're accused of planning to detonate truck bombs in Garden City the day after the 2016 presidential election. The men have pleaded not guilty. The defense filed a motion arguing it would be discriminatory to include jurors from urban communities as opposed to those from conservative areas that likely voted for President Trump.

Comments

Trump said he wanted to fill Guantanamo again. I recommend these 3 deplorables.

#1 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-12-12 06:43 PM | Reply

www.famous-trials.com

#2 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-12-12 09:25 PM | Reply

As a defense, depending on your case, you either want very smart jurors or very dumb jurors. Sounds like the bomb plotters want exceptionally dumb jurors. They must have a really weak defense.

#3 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-12-13 04:52 PM | Reply

Interesting how this is presented as a "bomb plot" and not a "terrorist plot". How is this not terrorism?

#4 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2017-12-13 05:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump said he wanted to fill Guantanamo again. I recommend these 3 deplorables.

#1 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce

And who in the hell are you?

#5 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-12-13 05:25 PM | Reply

Trump said he wanted to fill Guantanamo again. I recommend these 3 deplorables.

#1 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce

And who in the hell are you?

#6 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-12-13 05:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Snippy needs a hug.
Message Roy and tell him you are a 14 year old girl if some sweet talking will do.

#7 | Posted by bored at 2017-12-13 05:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Must have hit a nerve with Sniper. I'm guessing he's rooting for the terrorists on this one.

#8 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-12-13 05:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

And who in the hell are you?

#5 | POSTED BY SNIPER

A guy on a blog, same as you. Well, statistically guaranteed to be smarter, but still a guy on a blog like you.

Isn't Gitmo where terrorists are supposed to go?

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2017-12-14 02:13 AM | Reply

Can they make Kansas anymore of a laughing stock???

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-14 04:38 PM | Reply

Why do we call these Teajadists/alt-right Nazi's what they are...

Domestic Terrorists.

#11 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-12-14 06:47 PM | Reply

How is this not terrorism?

They're white.

#12 | Posted by 726 at 2017-12-15 08:00 AM | Reply

"Three Kansas men charged with planning to blow up a mosque and an apartment complex housing Muslim Somali immigrants told a federal judge Friday they want Trump voters on the jury."

Just line them up against a wall and shoot them. Of course though, after a fair and unbiased trial. They do though, deserve to die.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-15 09:19 AM | Reply

That whole thing makes me sick.

I grew up with one of those guys....same age as me.

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2017-12-15 09:47 AM | Reply

Gitmo is only for people warlords sold to us on the battlefield so they could use the money to buy guns to use against us.

#15 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-12-15 09:56 AM | Reply

That whole thing makes me sick.
I grew up with one of those guys....same age as me.

#14 | POSTED BY EBERLY AT 2017-12-15 09:47 AM | FLAG:

Really - you knew one of the defendants? That's got to feel weird.

#16 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-15 11:17 AM | Reply

Yep. Went through grade and junior high with him.

I was tracked down recently by a report for GQ Magazine who was trying to write an article about these guys. He was prying about his family, our town, etc.....I didn't give him much. He came from a good family...all his siblings are doing great, parents are great people, etc. He asked about racial problems in our town. Funny....I told him we had 1 minority family only and they got along with everyone.

Yeah...it's weird. I've had a chance to catch up with folks I grew up with in that town and haven't seen for years...we are all in total shock.

#17 | Posted by eberly at 2017-12-15 11:39 AM | Reply

I've known a few lost souls like that. Sometimes, no matter how good the upbringing, no matter what parents (and other adults and peers) do, a person goes down a dark path.

I grew up near a guy who went to prison for dealing cocaine. Big-time, too, not just a few grams or whatever. It had been years since I saw him and I had no idea what he'd been up to -- until I stumbled across the court records.

#18 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-15 11:48 AM | Reply

Guessing these ass hats never saw or read "The Devil and Daniel Webster".

#19 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-12-15 12:22 PM | Reply

Because they were planning to blow up real possible terrorists.

Just line them up against a wall and shoot them.

Funny you never say that after a Muslim blows up something. Why is that?

#20 | Posted by boaz at 2017-12-15 04:22 PM | Reply

Because they were planning to blow up real possible terrorists.

Just line them up against a wall and shoot them.

Funny you never say that after a Muslim blows up something. Why is that?

Posted by boaz at 2017-12-15 04:22 PM | Reply

I'm getting a word of knowledge from the most high. There's a Trans gay liberal Muslim up under your bed. Oingo boingo booooooooooooo. It's gonna getchu.

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-15 04:31 PM | Reply

"I grew up with one of those guys....same age as me."

Dang.
Where do you think Eberly lost his way and decided not to blow up the mosque, Trump supporters?

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-12-15 04:34 PM | Reply

"Because they were planning to blow up real possible terrorists."

You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.

#23 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2017-12-15 04:56 PM | Reply