Thursday, December 07, 2017

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) announced Thursday that he would resign from office as of Jan. 31, 2018, after discussing surrogacy issues with female staffers. "I have recently learned that the Ethics Committee is reviewing an inquiry regarding my discussion of surrogacy with two previous female subordinates, making each feel uncomfortable," he said in a statement. ... In a statement, Speaker Paul Ryan's office said Thursday that the speaker learned of "credible claims of misconduct" against Franks in the middle of last week. "The next day, the speaker presented Rep. Franks with the allegations, which he did not deny," according to Ryan's office. "The speaker told Rep. Franks that he intended to refer the allegations directly to the House Ethics Committee and told him that he should resign from Congress.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

OK, Lets all play "RUSH TO JUDGEMENT"!

Comments

If "surrogacy issues" is code for "will you carry my baby", then he should resign.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-12-07 07:37 PM | Reply

Only a bunch more to go.

#2 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-12-07 07:48 PM | Reply

After reading the article it doesn't seem like that big of a deal... He must be ready to be out.

#3 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-12-07 08:59 PM | Reply

A lot of these men i don't get what their problem is. With trent I totally understand what his problem is.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2017-12-07 11:07 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

Ding, ding, ding. He was finished already and is being used as a "sacrificial lamb."

#5 | Posted by memyselfini at 2017-12-08 02:41 AM | Reply

We have entered an idiotic era of political correctness where there is no rule book but conversations with adults that make anyone (especially women) feel slightly uncomfortable is reason enough to require a resignation from Congress. This is crazy! It will have serious consequences as the forces of evil realize their advantage by taking down anyone in Congress for very minor transgressions. Seriously folks, America needs to grow the f**k up.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-08 08:17 AM | Reply

Surrogacy?!? He was going for that 'natural implantation method'...

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-08 09:02 AM | Reply

Men should not have any contact with women in business, politics or education. It's the only way to be sure.

#8 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-12-08 10:36 AM | Reply

Surrogacy?!? He was going for that 'natural implantation method'...

#7 | POSTED BY CATDOG AT 2017-12-08 09:02 AM | FLAG:

That's what I'm thinking. There has to be more going on here.

Acceptable, if awkward, scenario:
Franks: "Hey, Sally, my wife and I are looking for a surrogate mother for our child. What are your thoughts about surrogacy? Do you know anyone who might be interested in serving as a surrogate?"
Sally: "I think under the right circumstances, it could be a beautiful thing. But it's not something I personally would be interested in."
Franks: "I totally understand. Well, I've got to get back to work. Thanks for allowing me to talk about something so personal."

Unacceptable scenario:
Franks: "Sally, have I ever told you how beautiful you are? Listen, my wife is unable to bear children, so I need a surrogate mother. You'd be perfect. You up for making a baby with me?"
Sally: "Um...I don't think you should be speaking to me that way."

#9 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-08 11:30 AM | Reply

"There has to be more going on here."

My thoughts exactly. Another possible unacceptable scenario is that he threatened to fire the women who wouldn't comply with his request to be a surrogate through either up-close and personal or medical (implantation) means. But the story doesn't indicate anything like that happened, so I'm left wondering.

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-12-08 11:58 AM | Reply

I thought about the job threat scenario as well.

#11 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-08 12:51 PM | Reply

My guess:

"Oh baby, Sally, you look so good I want you to have my baby. You know what I mean? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge".

#12 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-12-08 02:06 PM | Reply

And now we know the rest of the story; we were all right and then some:

Female aides fretted Franks wanted to have sex to impregnate them

Arizona Rep. Trent Franks allegedly made unwanted advances toward female staffers in his office and retaliated against one who rebuffed him, according to House GOP sources with knowledge of a complaint against him.

Also on Friday, the Associated Press reported that Franks offered to pay an aide $5 million to carry his child and pressured her relentlessly on the matter.

www.politico.com

#13 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-12-09 01:39 AM | Reply

It appears Franks was engaging in attempted prostitution, why isn't he being charged? He offered staffers money in order to have sex with his ugly ass. Grand Old Pedophile party at it again.

#14 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2017-12-09 12:20 PM | Reply