Thursday, November 30, 2017

n the tumultuous aftermath of Leeann Tweeden's accusations against Al Franken during a 2006 USO trip to Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan, new photos and videos have emerged that cast doubt on her account.

During the very same USO tour in question, Tweeden can be seen blatantly groping the backside of a male performer and kissing another.

Comments

Attack the victim, way to go Hillary!

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 12:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I never would have guessed a birtherism subscriber would be a lying piece of crap. Oh wait, that's exactly what I guessed. The big hint was that she's personal friend with Hannity.

#2 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-30 12:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

One of how many accusers?

#3 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-30 12:12 PM | Reply

Question the accuser, absolutely. I've been saying it for years: taking every accuser's story at face value is foolish. And dangerous. I believed Tawana Brawley years ago and was heartbroken, shaken and horrified at what she said local police officers and an assistant DA did to her. Then I was heartbroken, shaken and horrified at what the political handlers, who rushed to her side, did with her story, even after her own brother-in-law, who I believe was a cop himself, came out and said the story was a hoax, a lie.

#4 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 12:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to all the "these brave women are telling the truth" pushers: some women do lie. Most women coming forward aren't lying, but that doesn't mean none of them are. Is Tweeden? I don't know. That's why I support a Senate ethics investigation. Asuuming Franken doesn't resign first.

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 12:18 PM | Reply

Attack the victim, way to go Hillary!

Right! Because Republicans always take women at their word.

How many women have come out against Trump and Moore? What's been the general reaction by the GOP?

You're pathetic RoC.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 12:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

One of how many accusers?

Only one is needed to force a democrat to resign.

Whereas even if hundreds of women come forward, the Republican Party wouldn't pay them any attention.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 12:20 PM | Reply

but that doesn't mean none of them are. = but that doesn't mean none of them aren't.

#8 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 12:20 PM | Reply

Whereas even if hundreds of women come forward, the Republican Party would nominate and then elect them.

#7 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017

Fixed.

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-30 12:29 PM | Reply

"Attack the victim, way to go Hillary"

reminds me of the time you said Anita Hill wasn't "credible" when all one needed to do was look at Clarence Thomas's wife, then Anita Hill

#10 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-11-30 12:30 PM | Reply

Sadly this topic too is revolving into partisan nonsense.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-30 01:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

It's all too familiar from both sides of the aisle, when the heat gets too intense, attack the victim.

Danni, Indy, Clowny, Douchegood and CocoChief have always been a hyper-partisan so I am not surprised that they are taking this tack (but a little disappointed in Danni nonetheless) but Gal has always been much more open and honest about stuff like this, so to see her buy into the "fake sleeping" nonsense is very discouraging.

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 03:07 PM | Reply

I didn't buy into it RoC. I said I wanted Tweeden's story, like everyone else's, investigated. I said repeatedly that I didn't know if the story was true or if she was lying. To me sleeping or not sleeping is irrelevant anyway as Franken didn't actually touch her breasts. He fake touched them. Which is in poor taste, but given the sexualized atmosphere on those tours and the role Tweeden played in the on stage skits, it isn't' surprising and it isn't sexual harassment. If this was Trump in a photo with someone who he had appeared on stage in a sexual skit with and who also appeared regularly on Rachel Maddow's show, I hope I'd have enough sense to agree the "allegation" should be investigated. I hope you would too.

#13 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 03:24 PM | Reply

Ouch!! Don't partisan shame me RoC!!

Wait! It worked!!!

Franken posed for a picture with a girl?

Throw him in jail! How dare he stand next to someone!!

Playboy whores who make their living enticing guys to want them don't like guys pretending to touch their breasts while they pretend to be sleeping.

2 seconds of hand grazing ass is a capital offense!!

Franken has an accuser! That's good enough to send him the the gulag!!

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 03:27 PM | Reply

I think that he should be thoroughly investigated for his open mic comments and for the 12 allegations against him, so of course I would.

My point is that you should never attack the victim.

#15 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 03:31 PM | Reply

"My point is that you should never attack the victim."

And my point is questioning an accuser's story is not attacking them.

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 03:34 PM | Reply

questioning an accuser's story is not attacking them.

That's another republican double standard.

If an accusation is hurled towards a democrat. They must resign. No questions asked. Which is what's expected of Franken.

If an accusation is hurled towards a republican. They accuser must be mocked and belittled. As in the case of Moore.

RoC has posted dozens of threads against Weinstein, Louie CK, Kevin Spacey, Franken.

But not one about Trump or Moore.

He may pretend to condemn Moore. But his actions speak louder than his words.

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 05:39 PM | Reply